What angered you the most tonight ??

ImageImageImage
tiger pom

Re: What angered you the most tonight ??

Post by tiger pom » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 12:20 am

The missed tackles are obviously a big problem but for mine we will never have any structure when playing ayshford or lawrence to partner benji.they are centres and no more and until sheens realises this we have more of the same to come.

Tbone

Post by Tbone » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 1:16 am

The total lack of commitment and defensive intensity.

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 4:21 am

tiger pom wrote:The missed tackles are obviously a big problem but for mine we will never have any structure when playing ayshford or lawrence to partner benji.they are centres and no more and until sheens realises this we have more of the same to come.
Absolutely agree 100%. Forwards we're SOFT in defence.blair is next to useless, and complete lack of commitment by whole team. No excuses for this poor performance.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 6:20 am

Lote, another inept display in attack and defence and the scrum penalty, should have just been a warning, no penalty and repack the scrum, the sooner that Ellis & Fulton return the better.

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 6:27 am

Two things:

1. The ongoing reference to "the turning point" - if a team can't compose themselves after having a try (or two) scored against them, then I'm afraid there is no depth of character. Simple as that. Good teams weather the storm and then regroup.

2. Play us through the middle and we struggle against most teams - last week, even allowwing for Robbie's sad news, showed it up.

When I see where the dogs, Manly and the Storm are, I realize just how far behind we are.

My 2c worth.

LCA

Post by LCA » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 6:43 am

The momentum of 7 wins in a row came to a slight speed hump last week (given the circumstances, I suupose) but last night it was a freefall from a great height. The mental softness of the team was exposed, yet again. Galloway was taking dolly steps at the line for most of the night, just when we needed him to show some mongrel and steady the side after the fight back by Newcastle. He was our worst.

I can find no place in the side for three soft attacking forwards like Galloway, Heighington and Blair. One or more of them need to be shown the direction to the BRET training facilities.

Appalling!!

cunno

Post by cunno » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 7:04 am

The stupid Cashmere penalty BUT worse than that our forwards inability and lack of aggression from that point. Instead of following on from what went on in the scrum and giving it to the Knights with solid tough defence to put them back in their place, the Wests Tigers capitulated and let the Knights take over, is that all it takes? a push and shove in a scrum and WTs fall over, surely not but it looked like it.

angeman

Post by angeman » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 7:08 am

Defence defence defence

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Chris

Post by Chris » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 7:13 am

How supporters' attitudes sway depending on how the team performs.

Furious1

Post by Furious1 » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 8:25 am

Tiger_heart wrote:Two things:

1. The ongoing reference to "the turning point" - if a team can't compose themselves after having a try (or two) scored against them, then I'm afraid there is no depth of character. Simple as that. Good teams weather the storm and then regroup.

2. Play us through the middle and we struggle against most teams - last week, even allowwing for Robbie's sad news, showed it up.

When I see where the dogs, Manly and the Storm are, I realize just how far behind we are.

My 2c worth.
Absolutely right. When we get a bad decision we never compose ourselves like say the storm for example. I realise the momentum had swung, but halftime should have allowed us a fresh start, unfortunately we just played dumb, making silly mistakes.

hellman

Post by hellman » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 8:30 am

1. Benji's performance.
2. Robbie playing in the halves.
3. Blair doing nothing.
4. BMM not getting enough game time.

Andyvee

Post by Andyvee » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 8:35 am

My biggest disappointment was Benji, Ran for 6 metres, made 11 tackles and missed 7 tackles. Lost my supercoach game by 7 points......

TiggaPlease

Post by TiggaPlease » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 8:37 am

3 Wingers, 3 Centres, 1 Half.

Forwards dominated.

No commitment in defence.

Heighington taking the ball up and getting dominated EVERY TIME for 80 minutes.

We're missing Fulton at the moment.

willow

Post by willow » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 8:38 am

Tbone wrote:The total lack of commitment and defensive intensity.
Agree. Fix this and the Tigers start winning games again.

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 8:46 am

And our win should happen next week and we should win agian agianst panthers.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 9:06 am

That we lost

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 9:15 am

I was too busy laughing to be honest.

As soon as Cashmere gave that penalty it was a real chance of falling apart and when Tahu made a run that made him look like Meninga reborn the wheels were in motion.

After that it was a comedy of errors and you either laugh and see the funny side of it or start losing it and banging your head on a table

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 9:20 am

The whole game was a joke - defined by the refs who chose to look after Newcastle once they were behind.
Even allowing for some bad play we still had to make 30% more tackles than the Knights - and not one decision went our way (until the last 5 minutes).
And why Sheens perseveres with Ayshford or Lawrence at 5/8 I'll never understand.
How many times does something not work before you give up?
Wake up Tim - they are centres!
He should have put Moltzen there- or at least ANYONE who knows how to play there.
With Moltzen gone it showed again our serious lack of pace - I know Lawrence WAS quick before but he seems to have slowed considerably.
As for that dumb moment by Cashmere :crazy
The funny thing is I still think we would have beaten them easy with the same amount of ball and field position.