What angered you the most tonight ??

ImageImageImage
hellman

Re: What angered you the most tonight ??

Post by hellman » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 9:37 am

smeghead wrote:After that it was a comedy of errors and you either laugh and see the funny side of it or start losing it and banging your head on a table
I choose the head on the table option and I'm still going with that option.

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 10:45 am

I've been thinking about he debacle last night. I'm putting full blame on the jerseys. They are the worst I've ever seen.

No way anyone can play well wearing that P O S strip.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 11:26 am

Andyvee wrote:My biggest disappointment was Benji, Ran for 6 metres, made 11 tackles and missed 7 tackles.
Geez were they really Benji's stats?

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 11:29 am

helmesy wrote:
Andyvee wrote:My biggest disappointment was Benji, Ran for 6 metres, made 11 tackles and missed 7 tackles.
Geez were they really Benji's stats?
They're Ennis-esque.
Don't try to tell me awesome power can corrupt a person, you haven't enough to know what it's like; you're only angry because you wish you were in my position, you nod your head because you know that I'm right.

Fuerza en la adversidad.

dermo

Post by dermo » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 11:38 am

1. They lost on my birthday

2. They ruined my multi

3. No effort in defence, that has been our formula to victory for years, if we show up in defence we will win.

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 12:08 pm

Frank the tank wrote:I've been thinking about he debacle last night. I'm putting full blame on the jerseys. They are the worst I've ever seen.

No way anyone can play well wearing that P O S strip.
They deserved to wear pink last night and should be made wear it again next game.

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 12:11 pm

Pink......lols.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 1:11 pm

willow wrote:
Tbone wrote:The total lack of commitment and defensive intensity.
Agree. Fix this and the Tigers start winning games again.
x2

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 1:33 pm

The Phantom wrote:
willow wrote:
Tbone wrote:The total lack of commitment and defensive intensity.
Agree. Fix this and the Tigers start winning games again.
x2

x3

The lack of intensity was awful.

The knights were charging at us and hitting hard while our blokes waited for them to come to us and arm grabbed to boot.

Just woeful.

Post by 851 » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 1:37 pm

fergiefurr wrote:We are a stupid side that is still mentally weak

Nothing will change, no reprocussions
Ohh so true,no accountability in their performance,both players and coach. :x
Go hard or go home

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 1:51 pm

TiggaPlease wrote:3 Wingers, 3 Centres, 1 Half.

Forwards dominated.

No commitment in defence.

Heighington taking the ball up and getting dominated EVERY TIME for 80 minutes.

We're missing Fulton at the moment.
:roll :roll

we had 3 centres, 3 wingers, 1 fullback/5/8, 1 eighty minute hooker, 1 bad hooker, 4 props, 3 2nd rowers

hooker for nsw played in the halves
prop played in the 2nd row
form winger started in the centres, switched to fullback (coz of injury)
centre played at 5/8
of the 3 2nd rowers, one of them played for 10 minutes
5/8 played (imo) played at halfback with no running game

:wtf
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 2:15 pm

The rushing out of the defensive line, so many missed the player and this created overlaps for the Knights.

black and white tiger

Post by black and white tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 2:25 pm

The amount of effort my two sons and myself put into getting to the game and the players lack of effort.
Knocked of work early, picked up my son from school early then spent 6 hrs on the road to watch that crap. Never again

Snake

Post by Snake » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 4:31 pm

Wasting 90 mts of my life watching the garbage display that was the Weststigers honestly!

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 4:46 pm

851 wrote:
fergiefurr wrote:We are a stupid side that is still mentally weak

Nothing will change, no reprocussions
Ohh so true,no accountability in their performance,both players and coach. :x
Mmmm yeh, the fact the same garbage bobs up at least a few times each season...we dont learn, the players have plateaued....maybe weve peaked.
Wouldnt surprise me.
Expect this from a bottom 4 team, not a prem fave.

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 4:53 pm

they lost.
ffs, if you did not know better, watching it you would have thought wests-tigers lost their last 5 games in a row.
:sign: once a sprite in black and white.
now I am bold, in black, white and gold

" Hell and heaven, they can wait for you,
So go and do all the things that you want to do ".

From the Stereophonics song " C'est La Vie

bp tiger

Post by bp tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 5:07 pm

hey every one forgot about reddy, his defence was terrible and his reading of that defence was even more terrible. i hate to say this but the whole team needs to get over farahs mothers death and leave it to farah, we all in life have to live with these set backs and it will touch us all sooner rather than later, my heart goes out to robbie but the team needs to re group and move on.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 5:11 pm

Nothing has changed in quite a while
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/w...0327-r3z7.html

Grit, not my barbs, should fire up Tigers

PHIL GOULD

March 28, 2010

What is it about criticism that motivates us to do our best? Why does the condemnation or denigration of a team's performance by some boofhead in the media almost immediately sting that team into action at its very next appearance?
Why does it take public censure or disparaging comments to have players feel they have a point to prove?
The Wests Tigers are my favourite team in the NRL. I love watching them play. I've been quoted many times saying I would love them to be on TV every Sunday afternoon on Channel Nine because I get so excited calling their games. It's real entertainment.
In pre-season previews, I tipped them to make the top four. Maybe some of that was wishful thinking, but mostly my opinion was based on their excellent form at the back end of 2009 and my belief in their potential as a football team.
Last Sunday afternoon I sat and watched the Wests Tigers meekly surrender to the Sydney Roosters in what can be described only as an extremely disappointing performance.
They led the match 12-0 after 20 minutes - 40 minutes later they trailed 38-12.
Actually, three nights earlier on the Thursday night Footy Show, I pre-empted the possibility of such a result, saying that despite the Tigers' undeniable ability in attack, they were showing bad signs in defence and needed to dig in a little harder when games were not going their way. To the trained eye, such cracks in the wallpaper were easily identified.
After their embarrassing defensive effort against the Roosters, in my regular Monday match analysis in The Sydney Morning Herald I wrote: "Wests Tigers need to toughen up. The talent of their individual players is unquestioned.
''Their skill and flair rivals that of any team in the NRL competition.
''With ball in hand they are creative and extremely dangerous from anywhere on the field. However - and it is a very big however - they do not possess the necessary grit or mental toughness I would expect from a professional football team.
''Football is more than tricky passes, sneaky kicks, trick shots and entertaining the crowd. For a start, you have to spend half of every game without the ball, so you need to learn to enjoy your time in defence and make it work for you.
''The Tigers have developed this annoying habit of only wanting to compete when the going is easy. When the run of play or luck goes against them, they leak points like a park team, and only become interested again when they get the ball back in good field position and can go back to attacking football."
The sub-editors at the Herald summarised the tone of my column by applying the headline: ''Sheens has a problem: Tigers short on ticker when the going gets tough.''
Harsh maybe, but certainly justified. Sometimes the truth is the last thing you want to hear; but it's the one thing you need to hear the most.
Following the Tigers' emphatic defeat of Parramatta on Friday night, several players referred to the criticism they had received after last week's match. They took exception to the suggestion they lacked ''ticker'' and how they really had a point to prove against the Eels.
Well, prove a point they did - but what point did they prove?
Did they prove the criticism was wrong - or did they prove the criticism to be right?
The foundation for their victory over the Eels lay in a relentless defensive effort that totally belied the disgraceful application they showed only four days earlier in the loss to the Roosters.
They attacked the Eels' ball runners on every play, every minute, for the full 80 minutes.
The Tigers showed they were capable of grit, that they do possess courage under fire, that they have the mental toughness to win games the hard way.
The question now is, why didn't they show these qualities in previous weeks? Why do they regularly let themselves down with poor discipline and poor resolve in defence?
Why did it take the questioning of their ''ticker'' to stimulate such an immediate and emphatic on-field response?
The bottom line is that these previously displayed weaknesses in their game had absolutely nothing to do with a lack of ability and everything to do with mental application and attitude control.
I believe this inconsistency in defensive efforts cost them a place in the finals in 2009. They were easily one of the top eight teams in the NRL last year but watched the play-offs from some secluded pub still crying in their beers.
Every footballer, every team, should be out to prove a point every week.
Every time you take the field you make a statement about who you are and what you believe in.
Every game is vital and a poor effort today just might be the two competition points you squander that costs you a place in the big end-of-season matches.
Coaches pull their hair out trying to understand what motivates players and why attitudes can be so inconsistent.
It comes down to the individual.
You have chosen a career as a professional footballer. You make so many sacrifices in your personal life to play this game. You train six days a week, 46 weeks a year. You are asked to perform one day a week and it is on this performance alone that you and your teammates will be judged.
Why, then, do you invite the disappointment of these regular mediocre efforts, when the overriding factor in these performances is simply your mental application on the day?
At this level, the talent is unquestioned - but mental toughness is tested every day.
If you show you are capable once, it stands to reason you should be capable the majority of the time. You can't win every game, but you can go a long way to not beating yourself.
The best players and the best teams in this competition prove their consistency over a long period time. Their reputation is forged in demonstrated ability.
The emotional response to media criticism does not last. Going out to prove a point because a newspaper column touched a raw nerve is not what this game is about.
The best motivation comes from within. The best motivation comes from understanding what this game and your reputation as a footballer means to you. The best motivation comes from understanding why you play this game and what being a professional footballer can provide for the rest of your and your family's lives.
When you ask yourself these questions every day, you will attack your assignments with the discipline, passion and resolve of someone who always has a goal to achieve.
It was a great win by the Tigers over Parramatta.
I expect no less the next time they play. Let's hope they still believe they have a point to prove.
Last edited by innsaneink on Tue 26 Jun, 2012 5:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.