The moment that changed the game

ImageImageImage
Goose

The moment that changed the game

Post by Goose » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:45 pm

We were in complete control, attacking the line,up 14-0 , a try wins the game. Cashmere's boneheaded push and than punch, even after the push, without the punch there is no penalty, we dont see the ball again until half time and we are down going into the break.

In footy little things make big differences, this moment changed the whole momentum of them game.

I think the bye is coming at the right time for us

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:48 pm

Well yeah obviously...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:49 pm

I'm not saying this to sound crass or disrespectful , but what happened about one o'clock last Sunday

I think it has changed our season

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:53 pm

Goose wrote:We were in complete control, attacking the line,up 14-0 , a try wins the game. Cashmere's boneheaded push and than punch, even after the push, without the punch there is no penalty, we dont see the ball again until half time and we are down going into the break.

In footy little things make big differences, this moment changed the whole momentum of them game.

It changed the game but not cost us. You don't let in 38 unanswered and blame it on one brainsnap. Bewildering performance. There must be some soul searching going on in WT land tonight

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 10:58 pm

Cysquatch wrote:
Goose wrote:We were in complete control, attacking the line,up 14-0 , a try wins the game. Cashmere's boneheaded push and than punch, even after the push, without the punch there is no penalty, we dont see the ball again until half time and we are down going into the break.

It changed the game but not cost us. You don't let in 38 unanswered and blame it on one brainsnap. Bewildering performance. There must be some soul searching going on in WT land tonight

not suggesting that, just saying it completely swung momentum, I reckon if we score on that set we win. we didn't, they scored that set and lifted, we switched off. The good start may have hurt us

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:02 pm

Goose wrote:
Cysquatch wrote:

not suggesting that, just saying it completely swung momentum, I reckon if we score on that set we win. we didn't, they scored that set and lifted, we switched off. The good start may have hurt us
As funny as it may sound I kind of agree with you there too. But really to let in 38, like I said, bewildering. How can you go from cruising to chaos in one set

Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:04 pm

It gave the Knights all of the ball for the last ten minutes of the 2nd half. It didn't cost us 38 points, but it did shift the momentum of the game. We were in control then 5 minutes later its 14-10 and we had control of the game swept from us. I am a big fan of Cashmere and was pleased to see him back but we really couldn't afford to lose the ball there. We don't know what the next set would have bought but 18 or 20 nil and we should have been safe.

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:06 pm

happy tiger wrote:I'm not saying this to sound crass or disrespectful , but what happened about one o'clock last Sunday

This is what I don't get, Happy. I can understand last week's performance to an extent, but not tonight. Matt Scott lost his mum to cancer as well and his team responded with a resounding win. And everyone please don't tell me we are a closer knit team so it affects us more - blah, blah. We are simply not good enough this year.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:09 pm

ray should have been hooked the most stupid thing ive ever seen a braindead forward blonde moment .

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:26 pm

Flippedy wrote:
happy tiger wrote:I'm not saying this to sound crass or disrespectful , but what happened about one o'clock last Sunday

This is what I don't get, Happy. I can understand last week's performance to an extent, but not tonight. Matt Scott lost his mum to cancer as well and his team responded with a resounding win. And everyone please don't tell me we are a closer knit team so it affects us more - blah, blah. We are simply not good enough this year.
Mate I have another theory . When you are working at 110% and the body is screaming for a break , the mind is looking for a way to stop (or an excuse)

I can use two teams as previous situations that are similiar Penrith when they lost Benny Alexander and Collingwood in the AFL when they lost Darren Millane Both won premierships the previous season and look at what happened

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Mon 25 Jun, 2012 11:33 pm

Flippedy wrote:

Same. I thought they would have been ferocious tonight......

tiga4eva

Post by tiga4eva » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 5:54 am

happy tiger wrote:
Flippedy wrote:

Mate I have another theory . When you are working at 110% and the body is screaming for a break , the mind is looking for a way to stop (or an excuse)

I can use two teams as previous situations that are similiar Penrith when they lost Benny Alexander and Collingwood in the AFL when they lost Darren Millane Both won premierships the previous season and look at what happened
Robbie was our best player, hes the only one who should have an excuse.

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 6:11 am

Cysquatch wrote:
Flippedy wrote:

Same. I thought they would have been ferocious tonight......

I agree with all these statements. Does seem strange though that Robbie put in a great performance (guess he always does though) I think to get back into this comp, the team needs to take a good look at themselves, regroup, refocus, go into camp if necessary, and come back with the fighting spirit. :?:

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 6:31 am

Forget the "turning point" theory - with the attitude displayed tonight, we could have been leading by 20 and still get done, last night was a disraceful performance by most. Good teams react positively to things going against them (refs, line calls, crowds) and get on with it, We didn't.

Merlot Tiger

Post by Merlot Tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 7:49 am

There are too many to discuss. Cashmere giving a penalty away whilst in possession was stupid but we were leading 14 nil at the time, regardless whether that cost us the maximum 6 points or not we still had the right to remain the dominant team after that. Tiquiri's dropped balls under pressure gifted possession to Knights and then points. Marshalls defence was non existent. Forwards were just too patchy. Some good things mixed with much horrible stuff. That performance last night merely confirms that we are not the team we think we are. 7 wins on the trot, whilst it has helped us climb the ladder, we are still no where near the class or level of Bulldogs, Manly or Melbourne. Other than big scores against a poorly and low Panthers and Raiders side, our next biggest winning margin has been 8. Yes we beat the Warriors and Cowboys who are similar to our own case, being extremely hot and cold and then other than that, who have we truly beaten ? Don't worry about the moment that changed the game I think this was the game that changes the moment.

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 8:21 am

Cashmere's brain snap, a few dropped balls from Lote, and Moltzen's injury and the reshuffle

that being said I'm sure there's some players who are pretty ashamed at their defensive efforts

genoshan

Post by genoshan » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 8:37 am

Benji's defence. It was awful.

Rambo2714

Post by Rambo2714 » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 9:16 am

The point at which the game changed , was when Joel Reddy came on the field

Wests for life !