The moment that changed the game

ImageImageImage
saundo1982

Re: The moment that changed the game

Post by saundo1982 » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 9:45 am

I'd like to say to the moment that changed the game was Danny buderus committing a professional foul on ray cashmere by tackling him when he woulda scored except for Danny coming in from the side offside. Cashmere ended up cms short and only Danny made the tackle. Ten in the bin and a penalty try as no doubt cashmere scores a try if Danny lets him run.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 10:09 am

What Cashmere did was silly - but forwards get fired up all the time - his timing was just poor.

For the record, I thought there was nothing in it. They should have just re-packed the scrum.

tigermaniac

Post by tigermaniac » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 10:11 am

bigdamo wrote:ray should have been hooked the most stupid thing ive ever seen a braindead forward blonde moment .
My thoughts exactly. Another dumb decision was going for goal, to make it 14-0 at a time we had them on the ropes.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 11:33 am

saundo1982 wrote:I'd like to say to the moment that changed the game was Danny buderus committing a professional foul on ray cashmere by tackling him when he woulda scored except for Danny coming in from the side offside. Cashmere ended up cms short and only Danny made the tackle. Ten in the bin and a penalty try as no doubt cashmere scores a try if Danny lets him run.

Well they wouldn't do both and I realise they don't do it in other games but I can't see why that sort of thing isn't a penalty try. He would have scored for certain if he doesn't get tackled. As the commentators suggest, Buderus came from our attacking line to make the tackle. In general there needs to be a greater presumption towards penalty tries. More like if a try would PROBABLY have been scored if not for a deliberate illegal action rather than one would DEFINITELY have been scored.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 12:07 pm

Yossarian wrote:
saundo1982 wrote:I'd like to say to the moment that changed the game was Danny buderus committing a professional foul on ray cashmere by tackling him when he woulda scored except for Danny coming in from the side offside. Cashmere ended up cms short and only Danny made the tackle. Ten in the bin and a penalty try as no doubt cashmere scores a try if Danny lets him run.

Well they wouldn't do both and I realise they don't do it in other games but I can't see why that sort of thing isn't a penalty try. He would have scored for certain if he doesn't get tackled. As the commentators suggest, Buderus came from our attacking line to make the tackle. In general there needs to be a greater presumption towards penalty tries. More like if a try would PROBABLY have been scored if not for a deliberate illegal action rather than one would DEFINITELY have been scored.
This is happening more and more.
If Ryan copped 10 and a penalty for hanging on too long and MAYBE costing Newcastle a try then what is what Buderus did worth?
Without his interference the Tigers SCORE a try.
Should be a penalty try every time it happens.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 12:22 pm

The issue with what Cashy did was two fold.

a) The penalty. That is obvious and itself pretty terrible

b) It got the crowd reinvolved with the game. One more try from that scrum and the crowd remains dormant, likely boo them at half time. Instead they get energized from the ensuing try and ride the reffs and the Nukes get a bunch of 50-50 calls going there way again

simonthetiger

Post by simonthetiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 12:56 pm

[quote ="smeghead"]The issue with what Cashy did was two fold.

b) It got the crowd reinvolved with the game. One more try from that scrum and the crowd remains dormant, likely boo them at half time. Instead they get energized from the ensuing try and ride the reffs and the Nukes get a bunch of 50-50 calls going there way again[/quote]

Bang on.......one of the most stupid, bonehead plays i have ever seen.

And it did bring the crowd back into the game and they were getting every call!!!!

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 1:01 pm

Yeah the crowd did change the refs's perceptions (as it usually does). We were getting the rub of the green as before that scrum we recieved 6 to go off a downtown falcon and a scrum feed that could have gone either way. Then the bust up, which wasnt even a penalty in my book and from then on the crowd controlled the refs.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 1:11 pm

smeghead wrote:The issue with what Cashy did was two fold.

b) It got the crowd reinvolved with the game. One more try from that scrum and the crowd remains dormant, likely boo them at half time. Instead they get energized from the ensuing try and ride the reffs and the Nukes get a bunch of 50-50 calls going there way again
Can't complain about the refs getting all hometown Hayne on us. We're specials for that whenever other teams travel to us. We generally get a good rub of the green at home.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...