Our Worst Ever Loss

ImageImageImage
Fade To Black

Our Worst Ever Loss

Post by Fade To Black » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 4:45 pm

I am still struggling to believe we made the worst team in the comp look like world-beaters :bash

IMO this is the worst ever loss in the history of our club, to be absolutely dominating like that at the start and then turn our toes up with such a heartless, spineless effort was disgusting to say the least.
Darius "I cry in the sheds at half time when we are losing" Boyd and Tahu carving us up like they are superstars was sickening to watch (FFS the last time Tahu ever scored a try in first grade it was only worth 3 points).

Sure we have had more disappointing losses (semi-finals etc) but this was our most piss weak effort to date.

C'mon fellas pull your fingers out and get back on track :sign:

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 5:00 pm

nah even in the last 3 years, i've seen a few.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 5:31 pm

sorry, should've expanded..umm rabbitohs thumping us by 50
i rem roosters smashing us by a bit then the next round we smashed eels
raiders, this year
i rem once we lost to warriors, 14-0

gotta give some credit to knights here, they did play their best game of the season.. their attack was sticking.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 5:32 pm

It would be pretty close to it I reckon. This and the last regular season game a few years ago, ironically against the same opposition, when we were up by 12 and capitulated in the last 10 mins and missed out on the 8 because of it. That game still gives me shudders!
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

willow

Post by willow » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 7:30 pm

That was nowhere near the Tigers worst loss. The loss to Canberra at Campbelltown was worse given the ease at which they broke the Tigers line.

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 7:48 pm

Any loss where the fans walk out prior to full time sucks but fair dinkum the thing I love most about this team is the absolute highs and the incredibly deep lows, to follow the Tigers you need to be an Adrenalin junkie or a lunatic!.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 10:03 pm

GoldXR50Leroy wrote:Any loss where the fans walk out prior to full time sucks but fair dinkum the thing I love most about this team is the absolute highs and the incredibly deep lows, to follow the Tigers you need to be an Adrenalin junkie or a lunatic!.
In the words of Maxwell Smart ..... "and loving it " !!!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 10:13 pm

Pretty sure the two consecutive games in '04 where we conceded 50 points a piece without scoring a single point in response was the lowest this club sank on the field.
Gentlemen, this is democracy manifest!

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 10:16 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Pretty sure the two consecutive games in '04 where we conceded 50 points a piece without scoring a single point in response was the lowest this club sank on the field.
That would of been my pick CB Seeing Nick Graham stepping out of the way of Piggy Riddell from a penalty tap

Stop the fight TKO in my opinion

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 10:27 pm

Didn't we concede over 60 at Leichhardt against Parra? On a Sunday Channel 9 game?

I also recall losing 0-64 in Melbourne... I think they scored 40 points in the final 25 minutes or so. Looked like we'd let in 70 for sure. I think poor Keith Eshman played his only NRL game that night.

So yeah - last night was disappointing but compared to the 2001-2003 years it's still a golden age.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 26 Jun, 2012 11:17 pm

It barely makes the top 3 this year, let alone worst ever!
In the early days Id have been happy to be competitive for the first 30 and still in it at half time

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 8:53 am

Oh get off the grass.

50 - 0 to the Dragons on Sunday, then 56 - 0 to the Roosters on the Friday night. We set an attendance record at Campbelltown against the Roosters that game too mind you.

106 - 0 in 6 days....

underdog

Post by underdog » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 9:18 am

Yossarian wrote:Didn't we concede over 60 at Leichhardt against Parra? On a Sunday Channel 9 game?

I also recall losing 0-64 in Melbourne... I think they scored 40 points in the final 25 minutes or so. Looked like we'd let in 70 for sure. I think poor Keith Eshman played his only NRL game that night.

So yeah - last night was disappointing but compared to the 2001-2003 years it's still a golden age.
The difference is last night we all knew our players could do better. I agree that we were going through darker times back then, but the ability of our team and the amount of time they have had together to gel over the last few years these days is what is more disappointing.

Back then, not so sure - we had a makeshift team of budding stars, has-beens, and never-beens, coached by a grubby moron.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 9:36 am

underdog wrote:
Yossarian wrote:Didn't we concede over 60 at Leichhardt against Parra? On a Sunday Channel 9 game?

The difference is last night we all knew our players could do better. I agree that we were going through darker times back then, but the ability of our team and the amount of time they have had together to gel over the last few years these days is what is more disappointing.

Back then, not so sure - we had a makeshift team of budding stars, has-beens, and never-beens, coached by a grubby moron.
To me that makes Monday night more disappointing but not our "worst ever" loss. Being on a packed hill at Leichhardt while Parra but 60+ on us was a lot worse.

underdog

Post by underdog » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 10:33 am

Yossarian wrote:
underdog wrote:

To me that makes Monday night more disappointing but not our "worst ever" loss. Being on a packed hill at Leichhardt while Parra but 60+ on us was a lot worse.
totally agree - not our "worst ever" loss - but one of the more disappointing.

Monday was like when you got in trouble as a child and your mother wouldn't yell at you, but just say to you - "Im not angry at you, i'm just very disappointed..." - you knew that was whole lot worse.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 10:45 am

underdog wrote:
Yossarian wrote:
underdog wrote:

totally agree - not our "worst ever" loss - but one of the more disappointing.

Monday was like when you got in trouble as a child and your mother wouldn't yell at you, but just say to you - "Im not angry at you, i'm just very disappointed..." - you knew that was whole lot worse.
And the old man was still going to knock you ar$e over tit when he found out