Coach's fears surface in loss

ImageImageImage
dermo

Re: Coach's fears surface in loss

Post by dermo » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 6:01 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
LaT wrote:What did people hope to hear?

The last line said it all.
“At the end of the day, that’s two weeks we have been lethargic in defence. I’m not happy at all.”
it was like that 7 weeks ago, it was like that same time last year, the year before that and iirc in '09 as well.
playing group has changed a little, but the problems havent changed.. there is one constant...

Yeah sweet lets just go out and do what parra do any buy a whole bunch of new players for key positions, that worked out well for them...

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 6:13 pm

dermo wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:

“At the end of the day, that’s two weeks we have been lethargic in defence. I’m not happy at all.”
it was like that 7 weeks ago, it was like that same time last year, the year before that and iirc in '09 as well.
playing group has changed a little, but the problems havent changed.. there is one constant...

Yeah sweet lets just go out and do what parra do any buy a whole bunch of new players for key positions, that worked out well for them...
ORRRR... you could change the coach
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

dermo

Post by dermo » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 6:35 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
dermo wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:

ORRRR... you could change the coach
That was also a succesful move for parra

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 7:02 pm

and for the dragons, warriors, bulldogs, broncos, storm, rabbitohs and a lot of many other clubs..
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 7:33 pm

Thats it, by Dermo's logic no club should ever again change their playing roster or coach because it didn't work for Parra. I mean if Parra can't get it right, what hope do the 15 other clubs have

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 8:42 pm

cnx_tigers wrote:
willow wrote:Coa

“I said it all week, being booed off by their crowd two weeks ago obviously stung them and they had a chance to pretty much get their full strength side on the field,’’ Sheens said.

WHAT A LOAD OF CRAP.

Stung them? They came out FLAT and WERE DOWN 14-0. Cashy doesn't stuff up, they are probably down 20.

They beat us because we clocked off / didn't put it for about the 30th time under Sheens. It's a bad, bad habit........but the simple facts are that we clock off and mentally tune out of games. He's NEVER fixed it or addressed it.

What a load of weak excuses for a loss to a garabage team like Newcastle. Geez he's frustrating :brick:

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

LaT

Post by LaT » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 8:44 pm

tig_prmz wrote:

We have won more then we have lost this year.

2 weeks ago we were cruising and playing well, admittedly against poor opposition but we still played well and took our chances.

Suddenly our captain loses him mum, visibly effects our entire playing group, and we come up again 2 desperate sides who play sudden death footy.

Wait until we play Dogs, because if we win well then everyone will be back to predicting top 4 finishes again.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

dermo

Post by dermo » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 8:45 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:Thats it, by Dermo's logic no club should ever again change their playing roster or coach because it didn't work for Parra. I mean if Parra can't get it right, what hope do the 15 other clubs have

Daniel Anderson took them to a grand final, then gave him the sack halfway through the next season and now look where they've gone since then. There's no need to make changes just for the sake of change, don't underestimate the value of continuity, look how things changed for us when we settled on a solid spine.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 8:57 pm

dermo wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Thats it, by Dermo's logic no club should ever again change their playing roster or coach because it didn't work for Parra. I mean if Parra can't get it right, what hope do the 15 other clubs have

Daniel Anderson took them to a grand final, then gave him the sack halfway through the next season and now look where they've gone since then. There's no need to make changes just for the sake of change, don't underestimate the value of continuity, look how things changed for us when we settled on a solid spine.
Daniel Anderson's sacking was political, it had nothing to do with on-field success or lack there of. 3P or whatever they call themselves came in and shafted him because he'd been appointed by Fitzgerald and the old board and they wanted to clear the decks of anything to do with the old regime. I've heard rumors that he was even blackmailed that they would leak a story that he'd made racist remarks towards Feleti Mateo if he didn't stand down. That club is a train wreck.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 9:40 pm

LaT wrote:
2 weeks ago we were cruising and playing well, admittedly against poor opposition but we still played well and took our chances.
i dont actually think we played well TOGETHER AS A TEAM, no doubt individuals were trying hard but we were a chaos in attack, it was only due to individual brilliance in PATCHES that we succeeded in beating those teams
Suddenly our captain loses him mum, visibly effects our entire playing group, and we come up again 2 desperate sides who play sudden death footy.
so we weren't desperate to win? the excuse that the other team was more desperate is ridiculous.. you should turn up each and every week ready to give 100%. as i said 10000x before, if individuals don't perform, you can blame them but if the entire team doesnt perform, you gotta point at the coaching staff.
Wait until we play Dogs, because if we win well then everyone will be back to predicting top 4 finishes again.
the q. is the slump we go in every year. for a top side (that we consider ourselves to be). the fact that it happens EVERY YEAR is pathetic and the fact that nothing has been done is even more pathetic. how do i know nothing is being done? because i dont see the results
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

dermo

Post by dermo » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 10:38 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
the q. is the slump we go in every year. for a top side (that we consider ourselves to be). the fact that it happens EVERY YEAR is pathetic and the fact that nothing has been done is even more pathetic. how do i know nothing is being done? because i dont see the results

When was the last time a team went through the entire season without losing? Every side goes through a slump at some point, you need to lower your expectations a little, we are in the top 8 going into a bye with some key players to return on the other side for the run to the finals and your talking like its doomsday

dermo

Post by dermo » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 10:40 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
dermo wrote:

Daniel Anderson's sacking was political, it had nothing to do with on-field success or lack there of. 3P or whatever they call themselves came in and shafted him because he'd been appointed by Fitzgerald and the old board and they wanted to clear the decks of anything to do with the old regime. I've heard rumors that he was even blackmailed that they would leak a story that he'd made racist remarks towards Feleti Mateo if he didn't stand down. That club is a train wreck.
Forgive me but im not entirely sure what the point your trying to make is? Do we agree that they were wrong to sack him?

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 10:59 pm

They were, but your more or less saying because that turned out to be the wrong decison that justifies us not doing the same thing. Just because they failed doesn't mean we will. There are plenty more examples of teams making recent coaching changes that have turned out to be a success rather then a failure. I'm not sure why what a basket case like Parra does is relavent to us

LaT

Post by LaT » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 10:59 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
LaT wrote:
i dont actually think we played well TOGETHER AS A TEAM, no doubt individuals were trying hard but we were a chaos in attack, it was only due to individual brilliance in PATCHES that we succeeded in beating those teams
so we weren't desperate to win? the excuse that the other team was more desperate is ridiculous.. you should turn up each and every week ready to give 100%. as i said 10000x before, if individuals don't perform, you can blame them but if the entire team doesnt perform, you gotta point at the coaching staff.
You don't see results therefore nothing is being done? Astute observation.

We definitely played as a team for those 7 wins. Things were gelling. It wasn't typical "behind the 8 ball all game and Bneji flick passes to score" stuff. Did you see us play Raiders/Storm? Whats your definition of a "team"?

Every team wants to win, but teams can be so desperate that they rise above. We were terrible, but stop acting like anyone that says the other side was desperate is trying to absolve our team of any blame, the coach didn't do this, nobody else is doing this. Saying something "10000x" isn't going to prove an argument.

Can't say I agree with much of anything in your post.
TigPies till I die!

I say, I say I resemble that remark!

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 11:01 pm

dermo wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:

When was the last time a team went through the entire season without losing? Every side goes through a slump at some point, you need to lower your expectations a little, we are in the top 8 going into a bye with some key players to return on the other side for the run to the finals and your talking like its doomsday
you're only reading things that you have a comeback to... read properly then get back to me.

here:

My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal

dermo

Post by dermo » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 11:06 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:They were, but your more or less saying because that turned out to be the wrong decison that justifies us not doing the same thing. Just because they failed doesn't mean we will. There are plenty more examples of teams making recent coaching changes that have turned out to be a success rather then a failure. I'm not sure why what a basket case like Parra does is relavent to us
I think the Parra example shows us not to make a coaching change unless there is a very good reason to, and having differing opinions on team selections and a supposed recurring mid year slump are not good reasons to, especially when compared to the positives, furthermore making coaching changes mid way through the season never works.

Basically what im saying is lets not just drop Sheens cause some people think he's been here to long, wait until we go a few seasons without making the 8

dermo

Post by dermo » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 11:10 pm

tig_prmz wrote:
dermo wrote:
tig_prmz wrote:

you're only reading things that you have a comeback to... read properly then get back to me.

here:

You made 1 point about your frustrations on our supposed reccuring mid year slump, i gave you my thoughts on that, what more do you want more to adress? or was there something more cryptic hidden in your answer? :?

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Thu 28 Jun, 2012 11:22 pm

LaT wrote: You don't see results therefore nothing is being done? Astute observation.
if something is being done, then why is it still happening every year?
We definitely played as a team for those 7 wins. Things were gelling. It wasn't typical "behind the 8 ball all game and Bneji flick passes to score" stuff. Did you see us play Raiders/Storm? Whats your definition of a "team"?
we got a lot of refs call go our way, eels: 31-30... cowboys, i'll give you that one.. we actually did play well.. storm, we were playing terrible, read any media article. raiders.. they were playing attrocious. mate, trust me.. we were not gelling.
Every team wants to win, but teams can be so desperate that they rise above. We were terrible, but stop acting like anyone that says the other side was desperate is trying to absolve our team of any blame, the coach didn't do this, nobody else is doing this. Saying something "10000x" isn't going to prove an argument.
i dont get what your arguement is here... when the team performs as terribly at the same time every year, someone's gotta take responsibility. <-- do you agree with that or not?
Can't say I agree with much of anything in your post.
the main point where we may agree to disagree with is that you are happy with the performances we put in those 7 weeks, im not. either i overestimate our team or that the squad we have, we need to perform better consistently.
My Round 1 Team 2018

6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal