Is Blair being used correctly?

ImageImageImage
Tiger_heart

Is Blair being used correctly?

Post by Tiger_heart » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 12:25 pm

Suggestion from one P Tunks is he should be played a little more on the fringe of the rack?

everett

Post by everett » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 1:04 pm

Would look good in State Cup for a couple of weeks
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 2:25 pm

My biggest issue is that the amount of times he gets his hands free and he has no support

When Tedesco is back next season they will form a brilliant partnership ,mark my words

Wacko Jacko

Post by Wacko Jacko » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 2:41 pm

Blair was used on edge on Monday night, when BMM came on for Bell Blair moved tight whilst BMM played edge

But serious Tunks has no idea

IMO in present situation we are using Blair Right

But I would like him only playing 60 minutes and provide more impact abit like Mateo from Warriors

Rambo2714

Post by Rambo2714 » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 3:11 pm

happy tiger wrote:My biggest issue is that the amount of times he gets his hands free and he has no support

When Tedesco is back next season they will form a brilliant partnership ,mark my words
Very good point , I would love to see some outside backs pushing forward of his hip

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Wests for life !

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 3:15 pm

No. He is being used as a battering ram.

He has awesome ball skills and should be running to the line with support.

jmp7875

Post by jmp7875 » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 5:09 pm

if you look at his stats for last year 100m+ 12 hitups 22 tackles most games
if they have any meaning to the question ,maybe yes

Lisa

Post by Lisa » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 5:15 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:No. He is being used as a battering ram.

I must be watching a different Adam Blair?
Bull

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 5:21 pm

Rambo2714 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:My biggest issue is that the amount of times he gets his hands free and he has no support

Very good point , I would love to see some outside backs pushing forward of his hip

He can also play before the line which is extremely important if utilized correctly

Look at Bulldogs they have multi ball players before the line which is proving hard for defences to read

If we then hit Benji with a second man play he should have room to move and the defence in confusion

With Fulton and Heighington's ball skills combined with Blair we could really cause teams defensive headaches

jason1976

Post by jason1976 » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 5:31 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Rambo2714 wrote:

He can also play before the line which is extremely important if utilized correctly

Look at Bulldogs they have multi ball players before the line which is proving hard for defences to read

If we then hit Benji with a second man play he should have room to move and the defence in confusion

With Fulton and Heighington's ball skills combined with Blair we could really cause teams defensive headaches
The only ball skills Heighington has is when he puts his hands in his pockets!

jason1976

Post by jason1976 » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 5:33 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:Suggestion from one P Tunks is he should be played a little more on the fringe of the rack?
I think Mr Tunks should worry more about his daughter lying to coppers overseas and spending time in the big house than how Sheens uses Blair...

Balmain Boy

Post by Balmain Boy » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 5:54 pm

No Blair is not being used correctly. He should be busting his arse off for 50-60 mins per game and seeing what he can deliver. At gthe moment he plays a full game while having very few productive times. A kick up the arse and sitting on the bench while another of our forwards get some gametime may make him move up another notch (ie from first to second gear)

I do agree though we do need our fullback constantly trailing him and woodsy in search of offloads. Our fullbacks dont get involved in attack anywhere near enough.

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 6:18 pm

Lisa wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:No. He is being used as a battering ram.

I must be watching a different Adam Blair?
You are watching a Blair that is being used inorrectly. He should be used as a ball playing back rower.

GoldXR50Leroy

Post by GoldXR50Leroy » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 6:41 pm

IMO he should be coming off the bench at strategic times in a game when he can make the most impact.

alex

Post by alex » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 6:47 pm

A $500,000 benchie...?!

Sheens is using him as a third front rower (which Blair said on the game plan last week) as our two starting props play big minutes. Get their rotations sorted and get Blair as a straight running wide back rower. Run him at the halves and centres

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 7:41 pm

jason1976 wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
Rambo2714 wrote:

The only ball skills Heighington has is when he puts his hands in his pockets!

You need to watch him more closely , he does have a decent pass Decent enough to be used in the way I'm talking anyway

Watch the short interchange of passes the Bulldogs forwards use and imagine then Benji getting hit with a second man play

cunno

Post by cunno » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 8:06 pm

Wacko Jacko wrote:Blair was used on edge on Monday night, when BMM came on for Bell Blair moved tight whilst BMM played edge

But serious Tunks has no idea

IMO in present situation we are using Blair Right

But I would like him only playing 60 minutes and provide more impact abit like Mateo from Warriors
Sheens uses BMM to run off Benji where possible, but Blair looks to be a bit faster and versatile than BMM so it would be worth giving Blair more time wider and use BMM up the middle.

WestsSupporter

Post by WestsSupporter » Wed 27 Jun, 2012 8:10 pm

Adam Blair is a ball playing backrower much like Glenn Stewart. His strength is running lines and acting as a link man. We are using him aaaalllll wrong.
Extremely frustrated fan. Try not to let my negativity get to you.