Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

tiger05premier

Re: Signing Suggestions & Rumours THREAD..

Post by tiger05premier » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 3:01 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 2:43 pm
Find it interesting Merrin was on the outer at the Pamfers linked to Souff's, ESL and even Us at one point...enter the traitor...now staying at the Riff..recruitment and retention eh..

Hopefully some of their younger forwards may look elsewhere..
I get the feeling from what I've read that he just decided suddenly that he didn't want to leave the club and that panthers aren't happy about it

Hope that's true because it could stifle their retention and recruitment

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 3:04 pm

TigerSJ wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 2:50 pm
IMO the 2 spots left need to be filled by:
1) a fast, hard running outside back and
2) a tough impact front rower who can break the line.
If we could somehow move on Rochow or McQueen the next choice should be a big mobile back rower.

I have been hoping patiently that we would hear some announcements like this for next season. Three quality signings of this type would really make a difference to us and round out our squad resulting in something pretty solid.
Should we go out the back and shake the hard running outside back and impact frontrower trees to see what falls out..assuming they are not grubs. flogs, dogs, richard heads, dopes or Origin Players...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 3:05 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 3:04 pm
TigerSJ wrote:
If we could somehow move on Rochow or McQueen the next choice should be a big mobile back rower.

I have been hoping patiently that we would hear some announcements like this for next season. Three quality signings of this type would really make a difference to us and round out our squad resulting in something pretty solid.
Should we go out the back and shake the hard running outside back and impact frontrower trees to see what falls out..assuming they are not grubs. flogs, dogs, richard heads, dopes or Origin Players...
:lol:
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 3:17 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 2:24 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 2:16 pm
2041 wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 1:07 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 10:41 am

Farah will retire and Liddle hasn't shown enough to persist with him. Cook is one of the best hookers in the game. Enough waiting. Let's get the best players we can right now.
There are exactly two ways to win in the NRL:
- Have money to spend outside the cap.
- Get value out of your cap money.

Option one isn't available to the Tigers, so it has to be option two. Giving up on a promising (and cheap!) young player because he's been injured and replacing him with an admittedly good player on absolute top coin is exactly how you don't do option two. Jacob Liddle turned 22 a fortnight ago for god's sake, and 2018 was basically a write off for him because of injury. It would be borderline moronic to cut bait on him now.
Cool, and if he's still injured at 24 do we say "he just turned 24 a fortnight ago for god's sake"? Do we put all our eggs in one basket with a hooker that appears to be injured more than he's not? A team's spine needs to stay healthy for much of the year to remain competitive, and considering our number 6 AND our "future" number 9 are the very definition of injury prone, it's hard to see that happening. A couple of years ago I was a big fan of Liddle, I thought he had a massive future, but even last year when he came back from injury we looked worse when Farah came off and he went on.

Ivan was allegedly looking at Segeyaro for this season and re-signed Farah. Now Maguire is allegedly looking at Cook. If Liddle is our future then it's strange our past coach and now our new coach are looking at alternative hooking options. Unless all those rumours were incorrect of course..
Who said we were looking at Segyaro? don't recall the club saying that. In fact don't recall the club saying we are looking at Cook either (maybe it was the guy on the BBQ that we were looking at Lol.- you know it was the Telecrap).
I don't recall the club saying they had spoken to any player, ever, until they are officially signed.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 3:20 pm

Geo. wrote:
TigerSJ wrote:

No ego's either. They have to be extremely modest. Oh and we have to be their number one choice. And they can't be greedy.

avocadoontoast

Post by avocadoontoast » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 3:33 pm

Russell wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 2:20 pm
I think, (am happy for this to be noted and brought up at the end of the season) that this year was Cooks breakout year and best year in the NRL.

He has limited talent apart from speed and coaches will have worked him out totally for 2019. He won't be half as good next year especially if Siebold leaves.

Not a million dollar player imo and - Yes it was Madge that preferred RF.
I think you are wrong. Very wrong.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 3:41 pm

Geo. wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 2:43 pm
Find it interesting Merrin was on the outer at the Pamfers linked to Souff's, ESL and even Us at one point...enter the traitor...now staying at the Riff..recruitment and retention eh..

Hopefully some of their younger forwards may look elsewhere..
$1.5m burning a hole in their cap for the next two years :)

Thoughts on James Fisher-Harris? Don't mind him as a player and currently a free agent for 2020..
No more plodders!
:sign:

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 3:47 pm

WT2K wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 1:58 pm
jadtiger wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 1:44 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 1:37 pm
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/11/08/war ... e-knights/

Another one I would love to get back, those were the days
He played his best football under Potter and i think Potter is still up at the knights(assistant).That could have been the reason he decided to go there
Potter let go by knights. He's joined the eels coaching staff for 2019.
Thanks for that i didnt know.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 4:19 pm

avocadoontoast wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 3:20 pm
Geo. wrote:
TigerSJ wrote:

No ego's either. They have to be extremely modest. Oh and we have to be their number one choice. And they can't be greedy.
And no prayer after every game ......Gee the last thing we need on our side is the Lord himself (and I'm not talking Teddy Goodwin either )

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 4:33 pm

Nelson wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 10:40 am
James Gavet -> Knights for 2 years
Was a big fan of him when he was here. We could've used him as an impact prop off the bench

TigersBusDriver

Post by TigersBusDriver » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 4:37 pm

AnnandaleTiger wrote:

We had Marty Taupau and Gavet running off the back of eachother. What a sight! Too bad we were all too invested in the potential in the "Big 4" that we never realised how important those two were. Although not too successful, I still miss that 2014 Wests Tigers team.

Earl

Post by Earl » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 4:51 pm

2041 wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
momo&medo wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 10:36 am
avocadoontoast wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 10:32 am

I know right. We struggle to attract anyone and yet some people are still saying they wouldn't want Cook. It's pretty unbelievable.
Mate ..... missing the point ...... would love an origin player but not and willing to pay what it takes ..... but with what we have ..... not a hooker ...... and particularly not Cook. He’s a one trick pony ..... now if you are talking about a Smith type player .... then you’re talking.
Just my opinion.
Farah will retire and Liddle hasn't shown enough to persist with him. Cook is one of the best hookers in the game. Enough waiting. Let's get the best players we can right now.

Option one isn't available to the Tigers, so it has to be option two. Giving up on a promising (and cheap!) young player because he's been injured and replacing him with an admittedly good player on absolute top coin is exactly how you don't do option two. Jacob Liddle turned 22 a fortnight ago for god's sake, and 2018 was basically a write off for him because of injury. It would be borderline moronic to cut bait on him now.
You write a lot of good posts and this is another one. The way for us to win in the NRL is exactly as you state.

TheDaBoss

Post by TheDaBoss » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 5:15 pm

Earl wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 4:51 pm
2041 wrote:
avocadoontoast wrote:
momo&medo wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 10:36 am

Mate ..... missing the point ...... would love an origin player but not and willing to pay what it takes ..... but with what we have ..... not a hooker ...... and particularly not Cook. He’s a one trick pony ..... now if you are talking about a Smith type player .... then you’re talking.
Just my opinion.

You write a lot of good posts and this is another one. The way for us to win in the NRL is exactly as you state.
yeah that is exactly what we need to do, two birds one stone.
:sign: + :deadhorse: = Ivan in a nutshell

TigerSJ

Post by TigerSJ » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 5:26 pm

happy tiger wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 4:19 pm
avocadoontoast wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 3:20 pm
Geo. wrote:
TigerSJ wrote:

And no prayer after every game ......Gee the last thing we need on our side is the Lord himself (and I'm not talking Teddy Goodwin either )
I am not as fussy as you guys - I just want my outside back to be fast and run hard and my front row forward to smash through the line and scare the crap out of defenders - frankly I don't care too much about all the other stuff!

P.S. I do realise that as time has passed since end of September the few guys that filled my description are mostly now taken up.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 6:14 pm

If only I had a dollar for every time someone used the term “hard running back rower” or “hard running centre”. What absolute garbage descriptions. Aren’t all players supposed to run hard?

Nucky Thompson

Post by Nucky Thompson » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 6:53 pm

TigersBusDriver wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 4:37 pm
AnnandaleTiger wrote:

We had Marty Taupau and Gavet running off the back of eachother. What a sight! Too bad we were all too invested in the potential in the "Big 4" that we never realised how important those two were. Although not too successful, I still miss that 2014 Wests Tigers team.
Yet they still bombed making the 8. Gavet average tapau not far ahead of him.

WT2K

Post by WT2K » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 6:54 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 6:14 pm
If only I had a dollar for every time someone used the term “hard running back rower” or “hard running centre”. What absolute garbage descriptions. Aren’t all players supposed to run hard?
Impact prop...
No more plodders!
:sign:

swag tiger

Post by swag tiger » Thu 08 Nov, 2018 7:05 pm

WT2K wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 6:54 pm
GNR4LIFE wrote:
Thu 08 Nov, 2018 6:14 pm
Impact prop...
George Rose is still available.
I have family in Balmain and the Western suburbs so i guess that makes me a Balmain Westie

Winner of FIFA world cup LMS 2018 Winner of WTF Draft 2