THE MYTH OF MARION SEVE

Wests Tigers State Cup Discussion
Snake

Re: THE MYTH OF MARION SEVE

Post by Snake » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 9:30 am

Over the last decade The Weststigers has been the home of the player Myth!

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 11:50 am

happy tiger wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 12:24 am
Well I guess this one's for me

Marion was from Ipswich and a mate from school and rep footy teams is the Colts coach and assistant coach to the Walker brothers at the Ipswich Jets

He had some dealings with him at some junior coaching clinics and said he had some potential and might crack it at NRL level

I passed his comments on to the Forum , so I'm probably to blame

This is the same bloke that gave me the "beast" description for Thomas Mikaele who when I asked about his Seve comments put Mikaele on another level again from Seve
Don't think it was just you happy, I understood the club had really big raps on Seve too. Like I said, I heard from that schoolboys year that Seve was one of the standout talents at the rep carnivals; all the scouts were looking at him but he was contracted to Tigers already.

Peter Sterling medalist for the 2013 Arrive Alive champion Keebra Park team. In terms of schoolboy pedigree, you couldn't really have done better.

Same sort of thing happened with Ben Murdoch-Masila - a real standout at schoolboy level, Sheens obviously thought highly of him to chuck him into first grade in his first year for the finals... couldn't quite put it together for a sustained career.

Jay

Post by Jay » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 12:39 pm

Everyone gets talked up as the next big thing on here

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 12:41 pm

Jay wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 12:39 pm
Every forum

TigerSkins

Post by TigerSkins » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 1:13 pm

Thomas Mikaela is the next big thing on here .. !! ;)

tsjonathan

Post by tsjonathan » Wed 14 Nov, 2018 1:40 pm

TigerSkins wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 1:13 pm
Thomas Mikaela is the next big thing on here .. !! ;)
lol

wat about momrovski

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Thu 15 Nov, 2018 11:51 pm

jirskyr wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 11:50 am
happy tiger wrote:

Marion was from Ipswich and a mate from school and rep footy teams is the Colts coach and assistant coach to the Walker brothers at the Ipswich Jets

He had some dealings with him at some junior coaching clinics and said he had some potential and might crack it at NRL level

This is the same bloke that gave me the "beast" description for Thomas Mikaele who when I asked about his Seve comments put Mikaele on another level again from Seve
Don't think it was just you happy, I understood the club had really big raps on Seve too. Like I said, I heard from that schoolboys year that Seve was one of the standout talents at the rep carnivals; all the scouts were looking at him but he was contracted to Tigers already.

Peter Sterling medalist for the 2013 Arrive Alive champion Keebra Park team. In terms of schoolboy pedigree, you couldn't really have done better.

Same sort of thing happened with Ben Murdoch-Masila - a real standout at schoolboy level, Sheens obviously thought highly of him to chuck him into first grade in his first year for the finals... couldn't quite put it together for a sustained career.
The word on Seve was he was the standout player in a weak schoolboys year, although thats how I recall it anyway.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 1:08 am

southerntiger wrote:
Thu 15 Nov, 2018 11:51 pm
jirskyr wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 11:50 am
happy tiger wrote:

The word on Seve was he was the standout player in a weak schoolboys year, although thats how I recall it anyway.
This bloke I know has really only pushed a few blokes , but the one he can't understand how they haven't cracked it is Carlin Anderson at the Cows

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 5:59 am

Jay wrote:
Wed 14 Nov, 2018 12:39 pm
Blake Lazarus has passed the crown on

This just shows I guess how hard it is the progress to NRL

Heard Sheens once rattle off figures something like 5 or 10% ever make it

The Patriot

Post by The Patriot » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 7:05 am

Its not much difference to the American gridiron system. Every year they draft these kids out of college. Half the fun for me is seeing who is going to break out and who is going to bust.

Its not a perfect science, it all comes down to quality recruiting and picking players with the right mentality for your franchise. To quote the guy to my right-

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.

Guys like Seve its not about talent, its about mentality and application of talent.
Its an opinion!

ALX22

Post by ALX22 » Fri 16 Nov, 2018 2:00 pm

Still needs to work on his defence. With Chambers getting older, might have a chance at making it at the Storm.