Willow's match report and player review

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Re: Willow's match report and player review

Post by smeghead » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 9:29 am

Daniellas missed tackles were not bad ones. At least two I think were just rushing in to make contact and cut off options with support defenders running just behind

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 9:40 am

Our right hand side attack looked much more dangerous than the left hand side. I think Daniela is a must to keep in the centres as he has a bit of X Factor about him.

tigeress

Post by tigeress » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 10:05 am

I thought the game was the best I've seen from the Tigers in a long while. Great kicking, good defence, and the standout player for me was Daniela, he tackled anything that moved, was good on his feet, and I could find no fault. But everyone played their part, and did it quite well. Thanks for your report Willow, and Conratulations Tigers! Bravo!

ron burgandy

Post by ron burgandy » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 10:17 am

rowdy wrote:I am a little suprised comparing the stats of Ayshford and Daniela. Watching the game on TV I thought Daniela was very good defensively and didnt notice the 5 missed tackles. Ayshford made some strong runs from dummy half but didnt seem to do a lot other than that. When Lui returns one of these two will have to make way for Lawrence in the centres.

dont be so sure lui will be back....and im not talking about his injury

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 10:19 am

If he isn't back the 20's sure need him

The Lawrence experiment offered more this week than the last. I am just glad he was finally allowed to kick as it is a good part of his game. Played a fair chunk or first receiver as did Fulton

willow

Post by willow » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 10:56 am

smeghead wrote:If he isn't back the 20's sure need him

The Lawrence experiment offered more this week than the last. I am just glad he was finally allowed to kick as it is a good part of his game. Played a fair chunk or first receiver as did Fulton
Sheens did mention in the post match press conference that while Lui and Ellis are both chances to play next week, Lui may not be rushed back into the side as he has not been able to do any running at training with the knee injury. I take it that he may stick with Lawrence and Benji in the halves and drop back to the 20's for a week or two for match fitness and then bring him back in.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 11:24 am

Player and team stats have been updated. A few changes, and they're all pretty positive.

Heighno made the most metres with 159, followed by McKinnon with 151 and Galloway racked up an impressive 140. Ayshford and Tuqiri both made over 100 metres out wide, while Payten and Gibbs both made over 100 metres in the forwards.

Fulton chalked up a massive 51 tackles with Farah making 39 and Galloway 36.

MGB

Post by MGB » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 11:42 am

smeghead wrote: Also I believe McKinnon or Farah needs to start trailing Flanagan. If someone was there he got the arm free 5 or 6 times last night in a leans passing position.

Completely agree. *Note to McKinnon.
It's freaky how often Flannagan could have gotten an offload away last night and no team is better at second phase play.

MGB

Post by MGB » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 11:48 am

All those knocking Fulton, watch the replay he did what he always does tackles himself to a standstill, he isn't there for his attack. He is our David Stagg.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 12:59 pm

He may not be there for attack MGB but I am really liking the play where he cuts back against the grain like a half with ball runners and a half all giving option plays. This move will pay dividends. Very good football brain young Fults

everett

Post by everett » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 2:22 pm

Daniela is a very much improved player and great defender. I would keep him in the centres and Ashyford to the bench as the utility.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

tiger jim

Post by tiger jim » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 4:32 pm

Good report Willow. Can someone tell Fitita to run onto the ball instead of standing still takeing the ball and then ambleing up to the defence and get pushed back this guy could be great but needs a kick in the butt to get him moveing a stint in the lower grades till he gets his act together. Aysford is poor value in the centers just does not seem to be able to set Lote up for a try look at the difference when Lawerence is on that side. But a great win

bob56

Post by bob56 » Sat 10 Jul, 2010 10:08 pm

NJLM78 wrote:Liam Fulton 41 tackles. Just goes to show his value to the team. Good review again Willow. I liked your description of the field goal.
41 tackles would be good - 51 is great! some of them crucial, lots of clean up.nice clean punch on bird's chin, retaliating from bird's two air swings........

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 11 Jul, 2010 8:26 am

Willow, did you get the crowd numbers?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

willow

Post by willow » Sun 11 Jul, 2010 5:30 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:Willow, did you get the crowd numbers?
Just a tad over 14000 mate.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 16 Jul, 2010 5:51 pm

Agreed ....How many meatheads do we need....

Has a QPIB too...

Willow Gibbs deserves more than 5 mate...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

willow

Post by willow » Fri 16 Jul, 2010 6:42 pm

Geo. wrote:

Agreed ....How many meatheads do we need....

Has a QPIB too...

Willow Gibbs deserves more than 5 mate...
Absolutely, that's why I gave him 7.5 mate :D