Is Daniella a better option in the centres than Ayshford??

Cultured Bogan

Re: Is Daniella a better option in the centres than Ayshford??

Post by Cultured Bogan » Thu 29 Jul, 2010 12:00 am

I think Daniela is a far superior player at this point in time. However, I think Daniela would still be suited to jumper #14. He would blitz tiring pigs at in the last 5-10 of each half with his speed and footwork.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

rowdy

Post by rowdy » Thu 29 Jul, 2010 6:27 am

Is Daniela a better option in the centres than Ayshford?? Yes

Is Ayshford a better option coming off the bench?? Yes

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Thu 29 Jul, 2010 7:49 am

Probably prefer Daniela at this stage, Blake has been a bit up and down this year

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Thu 29 Jul, 2010 9:42 am

Ayshford's defence and failure to off load has let him down at times. Daniella is proving to be a great defender and this is what is needed as we approach September.

Daniella has obviously done a lot of work on his defence and it shows.

Daniella as starting centre and Ayshford off the bench for me.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Thu 29 Jul, 2010 9:48 am

Daniella for me as well. I think Ayshford is a little too selfish, and obviously his defence has been woeful at best since he came back. All I can say is thank goodness Lote is outside of Lawrence and not Ayshford.

Hbom

Post by Hbom » Thu 29 Jul, 2010 10:11 am

I think both Daniela and Ayshford have a lot to offer. Happy to stick with Blake for the time being.

One thing I have been impressed with in Blake's play is that when he gets the ball in broken play, he never seems to panic and waste possession or go for the miracle play which is not on. He keeps a level head and does his best.

Tiger_Al

Post by Tiger_Al » Thu 29 Jul, 2010 10:31 am

Well we're talking about the right centre & right wing as a combination...
Then I think the best combo would be Beau Ryan at centre & Mitch Brown on the wing IMO...
I think the last few games for Mitch Brown have been great.. just look at the try saving tackle in the last 5 minutes of the game against manly when we were no chance of winning... & I think we need to utilise his size, he is bigger than I thought he was...
Beau Ryan is just a competitor & will try his heart out in whatever position... & is great for team moral...

The Tooth

Post by The Tooth » Thu 29 Jul, 2010 12:43 pm

I have to agree with Simons appraisal of both players games and form, however I tend to think that if Daniela had played as many games as Ayshford then he might have just as many missed tackles, probably more, next to his name as Ayshford does. I reckon Ayshfords last couple of bad misses have been more lazy then bad reads. He just need to be a bit more urgent in making the tackle. There does seem to be some problem with him spreading the ball though. He'll get better with experience and a consistent combination with Ryan. I'd definately persist with Ayshford as starting centre unless he continues to give the opposition space.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Thu 29 Jul, 2010 1:42 pm

bbobb wrote: In saying that I believe Beau Ryan is superior to either at centre.

I would be happy with Daniella on the wing and Ryan in the centres.

Ayshford will replace Fitzy as our permanent 17
Excelent call BBOBB.

Blake should be out #17
UTT - Up The Tigers

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Thu 29 Jul, 2010 2:09 pm

When was the last time anyone has seen Beau Ryan play centre at NRL level, or seen him defend, pass or create half chances like we would expect from a quality centre?

Just floating the question, because I honestly can't recall...

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Thu 29 Jul, 2010 2:43 pm

I was standing next to Daniella at Blue tongue, he has to be the smallest player in the NRL. I dont know how he would handle a player like Inglis .

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Thu 29 Jul, 2010 2:56 pm

supercoach wrote:I was standing next to Daniella at Blue tongue, he has to be the smallest player in the NRL. I dont know how he would handle a player like Inglis .
Almost certainly better than Ayshford if form is anything to go by...

bradexl

Post by bradexl » Thu 29 Jul, 2010 3:10 pm

Not much between them but i would opt for Ayshford. I think he has a bright future.He has the ability to get around his man and his strength is quite decieving.

Tigerdale

Post by Tigerdale » Thu 29 Jul, 2010 3:14 pm

no, not yet

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Thu 29 Jul, 2010 4:03 pm

Have not seen enough of Daniela to really form an opinion on his defense.

Ashford on the other hand is back to his usual side of the field. If he continues to miss tackles there he shoould go back to state cup.

I was told he would be targeted by Manly as our week link and that certainly happened on Sunday.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Fri 30 Jul, 2010 7:59 pm

TBH, I'd be happy with either of them. They both possess bucket loads of talent in attack and both have a solid tackling technique. Sure, they miss tackles ocassionally, but when I think of how much Ayshford's improved in defence I think of his terrible misses against the Roosters in round 2 and then refer to how well he contained Willie Tonga in round 5 at DFS. (we made 330 tackles that night only conceding 16 points).
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 30 Jul, 2010 10:30 pm

cuzzo wrote:I suggested this after the game against Manly last week in Willow's match review thread before being shot down by 'Tiger Tigers' saying Daniella is not a F/G footballer let alone a centre.. With Ryan back hopefully Ayshford and Ryan gel back together again quickly. Im also all for giving Brown a gig at F/B if Wade McKinnon doesn't come up. Leave Ryan out on the wing, & leave Fitzy out.
ill stand by my opinion of daniella ....he is just another of the cheap penrith rejects we seem to get from time to time ... thank christ roycie is moving to england .....and sorry if you seen it as a shot down as it was and still is just my opinion ... ive been wrong plenty of times and am happy when a player proves themselves ......i just dont see daniella as a strong player in attack or defence ......a winger on a good backline ... yeah maybe ... but not as our centre....

Swanny

Post by Swanny » Sat 31 Jul, 2010 10:00 am

daniella has much better defence and little less to offer in attack but i still think he is a better option.