NOTICE ON JUNIOR LEAGUE/SCHOOL PASSES

Centaur

Re: NOTICE ON JUNIOR LEAGUE/SCHOOL PASSES

Post by Centaur » Thu 12 Aug, 2010 10:29 am

smeghead wrote:It is a little of both in my opinion Centaur.

The club is a business and they would have a specific breakdown of pass useage on game days at Campbelltown. By giving advanced notice they are a) protecting their profit and giving the junior league pass holders plenty of notice.

I will be interested to see how we end up in regard to final figures though
I guess this is true to an extent. I also suppose that a fair percentage of those who would of used the league pass are still going to pay to go to the game this Sunday...

BRET

Post by BRET » Thu 12 Aug, 2010 12:57 pm

I have no issue with people not being able to use the pass. The only exception would be the actual KIDS that use them. Not the adults, but the kids.

I know a lot of the kids take themselves down to the games with some mates to treat themselves to some good entertainment. I feel sorry for them who miss out if their parents don't give them the cash. It is a shame, they play the game and contribute to keeping the game going, I really think it's slack that they can't go to this one.
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

-Vince Lombardi

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 12 Aug, 2010 4:21 pm

If they wanted to go bad enough they could do some work around the house for some cash...my 13yo does.

Theyve been able to go to every WTs game this year thus far, one game :roll: big whoop

BRET

Post by BRET » Thu 12 Aug, 2010 8:47 pm

Not all parents are as generous as you Ink. I am sure plenty of kids who would usually go won't be this time. Many of them may not even know they can't use them, I wouldn't of known if I didn't come on this site.
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

-Vince Lombardi

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Thu 12 Aug, 2010 9:03 pm

Our club had the news of this in their newsletter...I'd guess most Balmain & Wests jnr clubs would alert players and their families...people will still miss the news no doubt, not the end of the world.
And Im far from generous I think, just try to teach him early that work = $$$

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Thu 12 Aug, 2010 9:25 pm

IronTiger wrote:last time was the Bunnies game at LO remember and all the Bunnie fans were outraged and wanted it moved to ANZ.

oh and we lost :cry:
OMG that was 1997 and yes the club got it wrong that day, didn't get anywhere near the sellout crowd and we got flogged by the S@#$$%%
In hindsight we should have moved the game for a financial benfit and then have our last game at Leichhhardt, unfortunately we lost the first one and I have never watched the second game as a result, oh the what if's?.

alien

Post by alien » Sat 14 Aug, 2010 10:54 pm

Leroy The Tigers Fan wrote:
IronTiger wrote:last time was the Bunnies game at LO remember and all the Bunnie fans were outraged and wanted it moved to ANZ.

oh and we lost :cry:
OMG that was 1997 and yes the club got it wrong that day, didn't get anywhere near the sellout crowd and we got flogged by the S@#$$%%
In hindsight we should have moved the game for a financial benfit and then have our last game at Leichhhardt, unfortunately we lost the first one and I have never watched the second game as a result, oh the what if's?.
I don't think he was talking about 1997.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 8:41 pm

Gobbs wrote:I'll be p!ssed if it's not a sell out as it'll be a big slap in the face to all fans who are Junior Rugby League players. Especially considering this is the last 'Home' Game' in the South-West for 2010 which boasts one of the largest junior nursery's in NSW. Parramatta Eels did the same thing a fortnight ago, and still failed to crack the 20K mark. Let 'em in. Let's pack the joint.

Did the storm hit there early in the day????
Massive storm - cyclonic winds and hail hit Holy Cross college halftime in the game before my blokes game, thought they may call it all off, but it was over as soon as it started...may have kept a few away from cambo...good crowd tho, looked good on the box

Bazzinator

Post by Bazzinator » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 8:48 pm

when the gates opened the storm hit and the poor tigers merchandise guys at the top off the hill lost their marquee and it went flying. everything looked like it was ruined noticed they put the van there in the end so obviously something broke in the marquee

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Sun 15 Aug, 2010 8:53 pm

Empty seats everywhere, even in the stands..
North hill was only half full with people on picnic blankets everywhere.
Well done WT for locking out all the kids...
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

alien

Post by alien » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 3:01 am

innsaneink wrote: Did the storm hit there early in the day????
Massive storm - cyclonic winds and hail hit Holy Cross college halftime in the game before my blokes game, thought they may call it all off, but it was over as soon as it started...may have kept a few away from cambo...good crowd tho, looked good on the box
Hmm it would have been around 12.05pm I think when it started to rain heavily in Leumeah but it didn't last for too long. When I was sitting on the hill I could tell it was raining in the North and I think that scared people from coming. It wasn't a bad crowd though. Good atmosphere.

RatedRKO

Post by RatedRKO » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 8:37 am

crouching_tiger wrote:Empty seats everywhere, even in the stands..
There were enough kids there blocking my view thanks :lol:

When the Tiger or those 2 chicks with the lollipops came around it was like a stampede.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 8:45 am

crouching_tiger wrote:Empty seats everywhere, even in the stands..
:lol: Locking out.

No one stopped the kids from going.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 8:50 am

They did the right thing based on projected crowd based on a number of factors. All indicators from early ticket sales to media penetration indicated a close to 20,000 crowd so better to inform early I guess

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 6:57 pm

smeghead wrote:If what I am hearing is correct the pre-sales are actually nothing spectacular.
smeghead wrote:They did the right thing based on projected crowd based on a number of factors. All indicators from early ticket sales to media penetration indicated a close to 20,000 crowd so better to inform early I guess
?

You're right though, it is better to inform early. But still unfortunate that the joint could of been packed to capacity to see such such a great win.

crouching_tiger

Post by crouching_tiger » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 7:34 pm

So what was the point of all the stadium upgrades to extend the grandstand and increase crowd numbers when they couldn't even fill it out with ticket sales??

Oh the irony of it all...

:lol:
QUOTE WestsTigers:"Fitzhenry is a very experienced player and will assist in providing leadership to the younger players in the Wests Tigers squad"

QUOTE Tim Sheens:"We owe our fans an apology for that today"

QUOTE Stephen Humphreys:"it was important to secure Fifita for a longer period"

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 8:03 pm

Im with crouching....it's stupid to lock the kids out....anyone out.....The parents are likely to spend a 100 bucks in the ground....others using the passes to get in probably would as well...

I await the day Wests Tigers have vision and support enough to let the kiddies on the 'bike track' to watch the game....alas in these times of pc and liabiblity it'll never happen...

BTW the empty seats in the stands aren't unique to Cambo...plenty to choose from at Leichhardt as well...
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

BeeJay

Post by BeeJay » Mon 16 Aug, 2010 8:37 pm

I can understand where they were coming from with not letting the league passes in for free.
but most who wouldnt have known would have paid anyway.

I think the rain an hour or so before kick off from turning up and getting their tickets on the day.

hindsight is a wonderful thing tho..