Mitch Brown

Snake

Re: Mitch Brown

Post by Snake » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 8:49 am

Impressive few weeks from Brown has hit form ... fullback/ centre / winger is a starter that's for sure.On Ryan if Sheens is serious about the title Ryan has to be dropped very impressed with Latu in the Souths game.

senexx

Post by senexx » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 11:41 am

willow wrote:He's been very good over the last month, playing two good games at fullback and two good games in the centres. If Daniela is right to play next week, I'd put Brown back to fullback and Daniela in the centres though. i wasn't sold on Meaney tonight and i think Brown is more likely to make an impact from the back.
That about sums up my position. I thought Meaney was 50/50
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

Newy Tiger

Post by Newy Tiger » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 11:59 am

Brown has been excellent lately, hope he keeps it up.

farahfan

Post by farahfan » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 11:59 am

grown immensely as a player, i must say i thought he would be a fringe first grader at best, a few games on the bench to cover injuries ala hanbury, but he has shown he is much more than that. keep it up!!

Cysquatch

Post by Cysquatch » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 12:33 pm

been playing super solid the last month or so and last night he was fantastic. i think sheens mentioned it in the post match conference but weren't those two defenders offside when he tried that barge over in the corner?
by Novocastrian Tiger » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:34 pm
Is it just me, or do alot of posts on this forum end up being like a pee pee measuring contest?

G. Strombolli

Post by G. Strombolli » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 1:19 pm

Fantastic game from Mitch last night. I'm sold - he's done everything asked of him this year and deserves a spot in the starting side.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 5:36 pm

clontarfkid wrote:He does the simple things well with a low mistake rate,& runs hard at the opposition.I thought he was too slow for a wing spot,but was impressed with Gordon rundown
I havent seen anything from McKinnon to suggest Brown doesnt deserve his spot,& Ryan is just a walking disaster(as opposed to running,which he rarely does unless its sideways)
He's far from slow as his chase on Gordon showed last night. I just watched the highlights again and Brown really got moving in that run. Also saw him score a good individual try while playing for Balmain against Wests earlier this year and aside from one good fend in the run, he motored 60 metres downfield without a hand being laid on him.

At the moment he's really putting his body on the line as he should, and backing himself, and it's good to see because he has gone up a level from what we've seen early this season.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 5:54 pm

I think he has realised this season he is a FGer. He was always solid but now his confident, he is doing some very good things.

mike
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by mike » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 6:06 pm

Bazzinator wrote:How good was Mitch Brown tonight defended solidly bar the miss on zillman for the try. ran hard to gain metres and i never new he was so quick when he ran down gordon who is arguably the fastest man in the comp.
That was awesome. I thought there was no chance of catching Gordon. Certainly made a few of us sit up and take notice. Well done Mitch.
Western Suburbs supporter since 1960 | Balmain junior since 1967 | Wests Tigers supporter since 1999

Captain Awesome

Post by Captain Awesome » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 6:07 pm

willow wrote:
Geo. wrote:Brown is better in the centres.......given our injuries,,,

Doubt if Daniela will be right....
What is the nature of Daniela's injury?
concussion
Bring Back Dr Pepper -- Tiger Blood

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 6:42 pm

Brown > Beau > Fitzy

Brown has impressed me this year and he has good size and speed so should fill Lawrence's role nicely

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Sat 04 Sep, 2010 7:29 pm

Mentioned this a few weeks ago, but he's really cementing his spot with decent game time.

Don't understand Sheen's fascination at playing him anywhere but fullback but at least he's on the field for the majority of the game.
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 05 Sep, 2010 6:47 pm

My only complaint about Brown at FB is that he is not a support player...when McKinnon plays he is always sniffing around the ruck, one good offload and we are away. This is not a criticism of Brown, just that he isn't that style of fullback.

Aside from that Brown runs hard, tackles hard, makes metres and has been good under the high ball of late. He should really be in the team ahead of Ryan, IMO, if we have a full strength side.

Love the WestsTigers

Post by Love the WestsTigers » Sun 05 Sep, 2010 7:18 pm

Brown has really stepped up in recent games and thats the sort of development we like to see leading into the finals.
I still doubt Sheens will ever replace Ryan with Brown unless he was injured.Ryan is not running hard , not been exciting enough but he is still finding the try line a lot more than some other players.
I'm not going to ask for any player to be axed for another but instead ask all players to STEP UP for the finals.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 05 Sep, 2010 7:26 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:My only complaint about Brown at FB is that he is not a support player...when McKinnon plays he is always sniffing around the ruck, one good offload and we are away. This is not a criticism of Brown, just that he isn't that style of fullback.

Aside from that Brown runs hard, tackles hard, makes metres and has been good under the high ball of late. He should really be in the team ahead of Ryan, IMO, if we have a full strength side.
As a fullback, Id prefer to see him attack the ball carrier, rather than staying back on his heels if they break through the line. Until I see him do that, all he has achieved at Fullback is catching a ball?!

Ryan won't get dropped!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sun 05 Sep, 2010 8:16 pm

What i like about him most is he seems a very cool customer never seems flustered and looks very confident in his own ability which are all good signs coming into the big games.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Sun 05 Sep, 2010 10:18 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:My only complaint about Brown at FB is that he is not a support player...when McKinnon plays he is always sniffing around the ruck, one good offload and we are away. This is not a criticism of Brown, just that he isn't that style of fullback.

As a fullback, Id prefer to see him attack the ball carrier, rather than staying back on his heels if they break through the line. Until I see him do that, all he has achieved at Fullback is catching a ball?!

Ryan won't get dropped!!!
Wow some are harsh ....Mitch Brown is better in the centres...has been for BRET when Ive seen him ..you know like Meaney...

but lets throw in the bloke who has a doggy hammy cuase he's a good support player and gets of the line in defence....Oh like Meaney without the dodgy hammy... :roll:
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am

OK I was wrong

alex

Post by alex » Sun 05 Sep, 2010 10:27 pm

You dont think Brown is a good supporting fullback?

Go back and watch the Parramatta game again.