How many of you thought

ImageImageImage
Friday 17 September 2010 7:30PM
Canberra Stadium
Television Coverage: Ch. 9 Live
senexx

Re: How many of you thought

Post by senexx » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 1:44 pm

How many of you thought on that last penalty to the Raiders..."oh, no...here we go again.." ?

All of us
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

Golden

Post by Golden » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 1:48 pm

I didnt watch I walked away changed the channel and listened to the kick on the radio on 2GB, there was no way I could sit through that again and against the team I hate more then any other team in the NRL, I thought he would kick it for sure and we were no chance in GOlden point becasue we never win Golden Point

and if he kicked it NINE would go crazy with their green machine bandwagon rubbish

Guy

Post by Guy » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 1:51 pm

Im still fairly confident that we would have gotten up in golden point. Sheens came out and said if they had of gotten that penalty he had 2 interchanges that he was going to use virtually instantly (and would have had two more, come to golden point)

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 7:07 pm

my quote in the Live game thread

"not again...... miss it! come on miss it!"

BrissieTiger67

Post by BrissieTiger67 » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 7:14 pm

i got really down when he was lining the kick up, i hate golden point after last week. Then when gould was saying it was awkward and 30 out then i thought maybe he wont get this. I was so glad!!!! But seriously the guy has a kick % of about 85 or something i got scared.

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 7:19 pm

To be honest, deep down I felt he would miss it.

I thought he was 50/50 chance of getting it and then I kept thinking of Luke Burt, the big crowd willing Croker on and then Gus saying its not an easy kick.

So I wasnt surprised the kid missed it, felt sorry for him for a sec. Then I realised Canberra are gonna get the ball in good position and started thinking "Knowing our luck, Canberra will score a try instead".
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:05 pm

After Croker missed the kick and Raiders got back posession, didn't he try to offload the ball back and the balll came lose and Fulton picked it up?? Thought he would be more criticised for that than the missed goal lol.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

westTAHger

Post by westTAHger » Sat 18 Sep, 2010 10:12 pm

was very worried when they got the penalty. thinking, here we go again.
very relieved when he missed the goal.
Basil, our rescue dog, is wondering when wests tigers will win 25 - 18 :D

BRET

Post by BRET » Sun 19 Sep, 2010 2:26 am

haha my friend with me couldn't bare to watch. I sat there yelling lolly legs wishing just once something freaky could happen and prevent another heart stopper like last week. I went off like a frog in a sock when he missed. Best day of my life at a footy game. Hahaha Had an absolute ball!!!
The price of success is hard work, dedication to the job at hand, and the determination that
whether we win or lose, we have applied the best of ourselves to the task at hand.

-Vince Lombardi

koori boi

Post by koori boi » Sun 19 Sep, 2010 10:39 pm

BRET wrote:haha my friend with me couldn't bare to watch. I sat there yelling lolly legs wishing just once something freaky could happen and prevent another heart stopper like last week. I went off like a frog in a sock when he missed. Best day of my life at a footy game. Hahaha Had an absolute ball!!!
hahhahaha are u confident
?? NO LOL

Juro

Post by Juro » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 10:01 am

I'll just say that I was less surprised than when Burt missed his one.

Had to laugh seeing the highlights on the footy show and seeing the Canberra fan holding the "In Croker we trust" banner at the start of the game. I wonder how he felt at full time...
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

Tiger Queen

Post by Tiger Queen » Mon 20 Sep, 2010 10:19 am

Canberra tried to channell the parra efforts from last year but managed to channel the round 24 miss.
Juro wrote:Had to laugh seeing the highlights on the footy show and seeing the Canberra fan holding the "In Croker we trust" banner at the start of the game. I wonder how he felt at full time...
Best part of the highlights was this sign.