Who wins us games and the comp.

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 14 March, 7pm
Venue: ANZ Stadium
Telecast: FOX2 Live
User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Who wins us games and the comp.

Post by tiger05 » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:07 pm

To me Marshall obviously is our no 1 player. Apart from Marshall who is going to win us games.

I think on tonights performance Lui can however he needs to cut the poor options out of his game. Fifita is a weapon and should be the no 3 chosen player every week (behind Ellis & Marshall).

Ellis is another who can win us games.

Farah can do it as well however I think he needs to really focus on simply being steady. Tonights performance wasn't great but he didn't make any crucial mistakes. Marshall also makes mistakes but his mistake to big play ratio is a lot higher than Farah's.

Moltzen is another and he needs to be at fullback. Yes he will stuff it up but he will win us games as well.

Apart from those listed I think Lawrence and Tuqiri if given space and time will win us games.


User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29717
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:10 pm

Fifita has a long year ahead of him....he's far from no. 3 in this team
Young bloke in a tough position...extrememly hard to keep the intensity up week in week out especially how he plays, he cant keep fending forever

User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by tiger05 » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:12 pm

innsaneink wrote:Fifita has a long year ahead of him....he's far from no. 3 in this team
Young bloke in a tough position...extrememly hard to keep the intensity up week in week out especially how he plays, he cant keep fending forever
I see your point but he seems to be proving you wrong with regards to being able to fend forever. He is a weapon.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29903
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:13 pm

Its round 1 for god sake....relax
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

tiger tigers
Member
Member
Posts: 981
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 6:49 am

Post by tiger tigers » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:13 pm

gee ... moltzen has killed it for us when he plays in the number 7 .....but mr sheens likes to stick with lui .....maybe lui could have a crack at fullback .....


thinkbig
Member
Member
Posts: 52
Joined: Mon 07 Mar, 2011 1:13 pm

Post by thinkbig » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:15 pm

tiger tigers wrote:gee ... moltzen has killed it for us when he plays in the number 7 .....but mr sheens likes to stick with lui .....maybe lui could have a crack at fullback .....
God please don't go there!!!

User avatar
farahfan
Member
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 5:27 pm

Post by farahfan » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:17 pm

i hope one day bonstonker can make us a compilation of fifita fending for 80 minutes, i would never get tired of watching that

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41528
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:17 pm

tiger05 wrote:To me Marshall obviously is our no 1 player. Apart from Marshall who is going to win us games.

I think on tonights performance Lui can however he needs to cut the poor options out of his game. Fifita is a weapon and should be the no 3 chosen player every week (behind Ellis & Marshall).

Ellis is another who can win us games.

Farah can do it as well however I think he needs to really focus on simply being steady. Tonights performance wasn't great but he didn't make any crucial mistakes. Marshall also makes mistakes but his mistake to big play ratio is a lot higher than Farah's.

Moltzen is another and he needs to be at fullback. Yes he will stuff it up but he will win us games as well.

Apart from those listed I think Lawrence and Tuqiri if given space and time will win us games.
One word Defense

User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:25 pm

tiger05 wrote:To me Marshall obviously is our no 1 player. Apart from Marshall who is going to win us games.

I think on tonights performance Lui can however he needs to cut the poor options out of his game. Fifita is a weapon and should be the no 3 chosen player every week (behind Ellis & Marshall).

Ellis is another who can win us games.

Farah can do it as well however I think he needs to really focus on simply being steady. Tonights performance wasn't great but he didn't make any crucial mistakes. Marshall also makes mistakes but his mistake to big play ratio is a lot higher than Farah's.

Moltzen is another and he needs to be at fullback. Yes he will stuff it up but he will win us games as well.

Apart from those listed I think Lawrence and Tuqiri if given space and time will win us games.

pardon my ineloquency - but whats your point? what are you dribbling on about in stating the obvious. hello, mcfly, anyone home?????????????? give me something frsh to read - something original :wtf
Last edited by AmericanHistoryX on Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29717
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:26 pm

I see your point but he seems to be proving you wrong with regards to being able to fend forever. He is a weapon.
But props should go upfield, not across field which is what usually happeen when he puts a few fends together
Geo. wrote:Its round 1 for god sake....relax
If you cant contribute go to bed

User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by tiger05 » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:27 pm

happy tiger wrote:
tiger05 wrote:To me Marshall obviously is our no 1 player. Apart from Marshall who is going to win us games.

I think on tonights performance Lui can however he needs to cut the poor options out of his game. Fifita is a weapon and should be the no 3 chosen player every week (behind Ellis & Marshall).

Ellis is another who can win us games.

Farah can do it as well however I think he needs to really focus on simply being steady. Tonights performance wasn't great but he didn't make any crucial mistakes. Marshall also makes mistakes but his mistake to big play ratio is a lot higher than Farah's.

Moltzen is another and he needs to be at fullback. Yes he will stuff it up but he will win us games as well.

Apart from those listed I think Lawrence and Tuqiri if given space and time will win us games.
One word Defense
Forget the cliches - if you can't score points you can't win games. Defense is a key part of the game but our defense wasn't the problem tonight.

You need players who can win games and that bust open good defense ala Benji tonight.

boonboon
Member
Member
Posts: 864
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:14 pm

Post by boonboon » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:30 pm

Fifita and Woods were great tonight especially as their compatriots in the forwards - Galloway, Heighno, Dwyer, Payten who were poor , Ellis as always was good but needed the run as he wasnt at his best given injury

Marshall wins us matches, so does Farah (he was quiet tonight but that happens when your forwards do nothing) , Lui looks excellent and Moltzen once he is in at FB in place of McKinnonwill win us matches too

User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by tiger05 » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:32 pm

AmericanHistoryX wrote:
tiger05 wrote:To me Marshall obviously is our no 1 player. Apart from Marshall who is going to win us games.

I think on tonights performance Lui can however he needs to cut the poor options out of his game. Fifita is a weapon and should be the no 3 chosen player every week (behind Ellis & Marshall).

Ellis is another who can win us games.

Farah can do it as well however I think he needs to really focus on simply being steady. Tonights performance wasn't great but he didn't make any crucial mistakes. Marshall also makes mistakes but his mistake to big play ratio is a lot higher than Farah's.

Moltzen is another and he needs to be at fullback. Yes he will stuff it up but he will win us games as well.

Apart from those listed I think Lawrence and Tuqiri if given space and time will win us games.

pardon my ineloquency - but whats your point? what are you dribbling on about in stating the obvious. hello, mcfly, anyone home?????????????? give me something frsh to read - something original :wtf
No offence if you can't post something that is half intelligible or constructive don't bother.

User avatar
tiger05
Member
Member
Posts: 1649
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm

Post by tiger05 » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 9:33 pm

boonboon wrote: Moltzen once he is in at FB in place of McKinnonwill win us matches too
I reckon that is the only required change. Sheens must however also realize that Fifita is a weapon. We need both players out there as long as they can be.

User avatar
Demps
Member
Member
Posts: 8427
Joined: Sat 29 Jan, 2011 2:31 pm
Location: Newcastle

Post by Demps » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:04 pm

The only realistic answer is the team as a whole need to lift & work together to make the big plays work, doesn't simply come down to one individual. For example, Thurston @ the cowboys & Hayne @ the eels.

Need to come together like clock work, methodical with an understanding of each other so plays can be executed turning into points.

However I think the core needs to be built around
1) Moltzen
6) Benji
7) Lui
9) Farah

They're the game breakers, if they can get firing early in the season and put together some back to back wins we'll be unstoppable.

To be real, McKinnon is boring & useless. Dud-buy, don't waste any more time with him @ full back. Moltzen is wasted on the bench & all you people that wanna see him @ half back, not happening so lets get him in the #1 week in week out so he'll get use to it. Brown was good but Moltz is clearly more important to the team.

With Moltz starting, it'll make the bench stronger with something like
GIBBS OR PAYTEN (One starts of course)
DWYER
FIFITA (Gun player, needs more game time each week)
WOODS, SHIRNACK, MASILA (Take your pick, if a back gets injured I'm sure FULTON could move from 2nd row to center)
Strong bench, no point wasting time with 5 minute Fitzhenrys and so on.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

User avatar
AmericanHistoryX
Member
Member
Posts: 7181
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 11:15 am
Location: Ho Chi Min City

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:08 pm

tiger05 wrote:
AmericanHistoryX wrote:
tiger05 wrote:To me Marshall obviously is our no 1 player. Apart from Marshall who is going to win us games.

I think on tonights performance Lui can however he needs to cut the poor options out of his game. Fifita is a weapon and should be the no 3 chosen player every week (behind Ellis & Marshall).

Ellis is another who can win us games.

Farah can do it as well however I think he needs to really focus on simply being steady. Tonights performance wasn't great but he didn't make any crucial mistakes. Marshall also makes mistakes but his mistake to big play ratio is a lot higher than Farah's.

Moltzen is another and he needs to be at fullback. Yes he will stuff it up but he will win us games as well.

Apart from those listed I think Lawrence and Tuqiri if given space and time will win us games.



pardon my ineloquency - but whats your point? what are you dribbling on about in stating the obvious. hello, mcfly, anyone home?????????????? give me something frsh to read - something original :wtf
No offence if you can't post something that is half intelligible or constructive don't bother.

try to say something original please. am i asking for too much. but give me some credit at least i read your post.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

Image
"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

User avatar
stryker
Member
Member
Posts: 10825
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 4:16 pm
Location: Cairns

Post by stryker » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:09 pm

As most sides have very strong forward packs, then I say this year more than any others, the game is won and lost in the middle.

Our props have to be strong and gain good yards..for me they are key.
Benji, Farah, Moltzen are the stars who can perform magic but they alone can not win us the comp.

So I say we dont win the comp this year without a strong week in, week out performance from the front rowers.

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41528
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm
Location: Watching Waiting Lurking

Post by happy tiger » Mon 14 Mar, 2011 10:10 pm

Again how did Dragons win premiership last year great defense and doing simple things in the game better than everyone else nothing wrong with tonights side Played badly and probably did not follow Sheens game plan simple What do we need next week . Better kicking game , better kick chase forwards going forward . Ball control better defense . If we play at our best we will win a lot of games

Post Reply