Dwyer

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 3 April
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 Delay
happy tiger

Re: Dwyer

Post by happy tiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:54 pm

Dwyer 2nd year syndrome strikes again . We have enough major game time forwards . Heighington Ellis Fulton we don't need another . Really disappointed in his efforts

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 8:55 pm

Balmain Bug wrote:4 forwards on the bench would help !!!!
We are certainly going to have to rotate 2 hookers while Farah is missing.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 9:30 pm

Vicious wrote:
Balmain Bug wrote:4 forwards on the bench would help !!!!
We are certainly going to have to rotate 2 hookers while Farah is missing.
4 forwards on the bench would change absolutely nothing and Farah has been missing for a while.

I would prefer 4 forwards on the bench and Robbie can be a gun but both things aren't happening at the moment.

Muffstar

Post by Muffstar » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 10:32 pm

Living on last years tackle I am afraid, out of his depth atm imo.

CocaCola

Post by CocaCola » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 11:11 pm

Muffstar wrote:Living on last years tackle I am afraid, out of his depth atm imo.
+1
Couldn't have stated it any better.

markotiger

Post by markotiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 11:23 pm

I think the reason he isn't playing as well as he can is because last year he would sit on the bench and WANT to come onto the field and play the time he got on the field as well as he could so that the coaches recognise how well he plays and then eventually rate him higher

But I think now that he is playing for more time than last year per game he just gets tired, and probably worries about just staying consistent and concentrating too hard on not making any mistakes, thus making him more "boring" or under par with other players of his caliber.

It was those risky plays the he would do to get noticed last year that made him SIMON DWYER, this year its just Simon Dwyer.

I'm happy Fifita is as good as last year if not better, and every time I say his name i say it with the roar he deserves. Dwyer has lost that this year.

Lets hope it all changes next week, rabbits have a very strong attack. we are gonna need SIMON DWYER back with some of those massive hits from last year.

BTW anyone notice how MASSIVE his arms are now? almost as big at Utai's legs!

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 11:27 pm

markotiger wrote:I think the reason he isn't playing as well as he can is because last year he would sit on the bench and WANT to come onto the field and play the time he got on the field as well as he could so that the coaches recognise how well he plays and then eventually rate him higher

But I think now that he is playing for more time than last year per game he just gets tired, and probably worries about just staying consistent and concentrating too hard on not making any mistakes, thus making him more "boring" or under par with other players of his caliber.

It was those risky plays the he would do to get noticed last year that made him SIMON DWYER, this year its just Simon Dwyer.

I'm happy Fifita is as good as last year if not better, and every time I say his name i say it with the roar he deserves. Dwyer has lost that this year.

Lets hope it all changes next week, rabbits have a very strong attack. we are gonna need SIMON DWYER back with some of those massive hits from last year.

BTW anyone notice how MASSIVE his arms are now? almost as big at Utai's legs!
Well he is not trying hard enough with mistakes Crucial missed tackles Two dropped balls in attacking positions one dropped bomb Only thing that did surprise me was his speed he footed it with Kenny Dowell in the 1st half and ran him down

markotiger

Post by markotiger » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 11:45 pm

yea all the added pressure of trying to be mistake free is getting to him, he just needs to relax and then jump at oppotunities as they arrise.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 03 Apr, 2011 11:55 pm

Errors and penalties are costing him and Tigers.

He has a lot of potential, runs great lines but I think he sometimes looks scared to face up to the big guys, maybe coz he thinks he might be a target now after THAT HIT?

Whatever the reason is, I thought if he didn't hit his straps this week, he would easily be replaced by Ellis next week but since Ellis wont be back next week, he has another chance to prove himself and the coach. Personally, he shouldn't be starting next week. Off the bench is his best position, for me he is an impact player.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

mightymagpie

Post by mightymagpie » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 12:58 am

Got to remember he's still young and not really experienced. It's one thing coming off the bench as he was last year and another to play 80 minutes. unfortunately with the injuries he's required to do more than he would otherwise. Just hope he learns and ends up a better player for it

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 8:43 am

mightymagpie wrote:Got to remember he's still young and not really experienced. It's one thing coming off the bench as he was last year and another to play 80 minutes. unfortunately with the injuries he's required to do more than he would otherwise. Just hope he learns and ends up a better player for it
This

Most forwards take some time to mature, he looks to be one of them
We have a few that have come on very early...thats rare, Dwyers situation really isnt rare...more the norm than anything

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 04 Apr, 2011 11:45 am

I think Dwyer is going ok, at this stage in his development, 80 minutes is prob too much, but I think he is going ok,If Ellis and Fulton were around he would be playing 30-50 minutes, and be able to play that with more intensity.