ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 3 April
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 Delay
hybrid_tiger

Re: Moltzen

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 12:08 am

mtd wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:My main point of this thread was that he was underdone and that people at the start of the year calling for him to play halfback and fullback were deluded, which they are. Yesterday proved he is way off the pace and he should not even be mentioned for any key position.
moltz is a superstar in the making... the only ones delusional are the ones who can't see it.

for you to 'claim' that yesterday proved he shouldn't be mentioned for a key position is laughable. it was his first game starting in the halves in god knows how long. to expect him to come in and work his magic is, once again, laughable.

if we play him for the 6 weeks lui is out and i guarentee lui wont have his spot back.
Sorry but there is no way Lui will lose his spot to Moltzen. Again, he is not the superstar he is being made out to be

And yes, he should not be mentioned for a key position when he has been out for so long and is barely match fit. And if you read properly I never expected him to come in and work his magic, I knew he wouldn't because he is underdone.

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 11:17 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
mtd wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:My main point of this thread was that he was underdone and that people at the start of the year calling for him to play halfback and fullback were deluded, which they are. Yesterday proved he is way off the pace and he should not even be mentioned for any key position.
moltz is a superstar in the making... the only ones delusional are the ones who can't see it.

for you to 'claim' that yesterday proved he shouldn't be mentioned for a key position is laughable. it was his first game starting in the halves in god knows how long. to expect him to come in and work his magic is, once again, laughable.

if we play him for the 6 weeks lui is out and i guarentee lui wont have his spot back.
Sorry but there is no way Lui will lose his spot to Moltzen. Again, he is not the superstar he is being made out to be

And yes, he should not be mentioned for a key position when he has been out for so long and is barely match fit. And if you read properly I never expected him to come in and work his magic, I knew he wouldn't because he is underdone.
lol if i knew you i'd happily slap a $100 on it... actually, i'd let you name your price!!

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 12:45 pm

mtd wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:
mtd wrote:

lol if i knew you i'd happily slap a $100 on it... actually, i'd let you name your price!!
You can name your price. Lui has far more to his game than Moltzen does. Better kicker, better organiser, better passer. Moltzen is a good ball runner, he is NOT an organiser.

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 1:03 pm

See here is where opinions differ....Moltzen offers just as much in combination with Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah than Robbie Lui does.....

Lui is not an organizer either but was getting a better understanding of his role before he was injured...still it all starts and ends with Farah and Marshall....
Ivan's Laws

1. You are either on the Bus or you are off..
2. The Star of the Team is the Team
3. Be the player your teammates want to play with..

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 1:17 pm

Geo. wrote:See here is where opinions differ....Moltzen offers just as much in combination with Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah than Robbie Lui does......
Disagree, I think Lui has more strings to his bow, for starters he is a good kicker. Moltzen apparently is, but you wouldn't know it as he hardly kicks during games.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 3:27 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
Geo. wrote:See here is where opinions differ....Moltzen offers just as much in combination with Benji Marshall and Robbie Farah than Robbie Lui does......
Disagree, I think Lui has more strings to his bow, for starters he is a good kicker. Moltzen apparently is, but you wouldn't know it as he hardly kicks during games.
Geo hits the nail on the head, Marshall and Robbie are the main men, neither Lui or Moltzen are organising halves.
Lui is not a good kicker, wish he was, our general play kicking is our only weakness.

Lui has a good short passing game, he is very good at attracting defenders and dropping balls on the inside, his long passing is weak, misses the target way too often, particularly right to left.

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 3:47 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Moltzen is a good ball runner, he is NOT an organiser.
couldnt disagree with you more...

gonna agree to disagree on this or the thread will never end... we got the season to battle this one out..

kingofthejungle

Post by kingofthejungle » Tue 05 Apr, 2011 9:03 pm

:blah :blah :blah
Tim Sheens must have a love child.. and his name must be Tim Moltzen.
His defence is weak at best, he needs to bring some strong defence like the good days at the Belrose Eagles when we play the Forestville Ferrits.

Kingofthejungle

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 11:34 am

hybrid_tiger wrote:
the main thing is that lui can pass before, at, and through the line.
someone show me where moltzen has put a player through a gap in a backline movement.
and go back to the 60min of the roosters game.huge gap and he holds it and tries to break the line with rhino screaming for the ball.
seriously,you couldn't ask for a bigger gap.
coaches should be drilling their players that moltzen will always look to go inside you.

until moltzen can show he can promote the football,i will pick lui every time.
lui has the balance of run and pass.
moltzen is just run.

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 12:13 pm

Good pass the other week into a Bulldog head

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 1:55 pm

cktiger wrote:Good pass the other week into a Bulldog head
:wtf

You picked one play?

Go and watch the Dragons semi again and then tell me Lui is not a good player.

Honestly...

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 2:00 pm

Lui has found Ellis on a number of occasions with a few beautiful floating left-to-right passes and put him through the gap.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Goose

Post by Goose » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 2:09 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
cktiger wrote:Good pass the other week into a Bulldog head
:wtf

You picked one play?

Go and watch the Dragons semi again and then tell me Lui is not a good player.

Honestly...
Lui was great that night, i think alot of the big wraps on lui resonate from this game, if he played like that every game i'd be over the moon.

TIGERDAVIS

Post by TIGERDAVIS » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 3:27 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:
stryker wrote:Sheens's hand has been forced by all the damned injuries...Moltz has to keep starting, he's one of the few in the squad with decent experience.
He's not fit and clearly pedestrian. And he's a liability in defense.

just remember that he had a massive injury 12 months ago, and of course its going to take him time to get back to his best but we all just have to be patient :sign:
GO THE MIGHTY WESTS TIGERS!!

Ready to roar like never before. Bring on 2012!

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Wed 06 Apr, 2011 11:33 pm

Confidence in his knee is the issue for Moltzen. He'll be fine in a couple of weeks. You don't comeback 100 percent from such a serious injury.