Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
fergiefurr

Re: Moltzen

Post by fergiefurr » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:18 pm

Moltzen is a cat

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:24 pm

Tiger 05 I watched the game . Completely sober as well . What did you see Moltzen do that very few others did not . As an ex fullback he does not cut it He seems to lack communication skills needed at back . Very unconfident at the back under high ball . Support play at times maybe average (but garbage when compared to MacKinnon). Leaves his wingers high and dry with kick returns . Tell me one fullback in the competition Moltzen is better than

Wildcat777

Post by Wildcat777 » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:34 pm

Moltzen is a good player when he is peaking - but he is no fullback!! And should never, ever be played there!! Tonight we played without a real fullback and a pair of genuine centres...and it showed!! Brown is not a centre or winger...but he can play fullback. So why not put him there?? I feel sorry for the lower graders - you centres and fullbacks...why hang around? You have no chance to play FG at Tigers! In order for that to happen we would need about another 13 major injuries. Yes I am pissed....18 points we gave to Brisbane tonight. Ok the ref gave 'em 6! They gave us nothing!!!
Do not go where the path may lead go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.

Sataris

Post by Sataris » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 10:55 pm

I've always maintained that Brown's best position is fullback.

Watching Moltzen at Fullback is painful. Especially when you see Brown on the screen a few metres away
cunno wrote:Ennis is the koala of the NRL.
Home of the Sataris

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:17 pm

Moltzen was one of our best today for mine - he added another dimension to thew team and was always dangerous - still recovering from injury but really starting to look the part for mine

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:20 pm

boonboon wrote:Moltzen was one of our best today for mine - he added another dimension to thew team and was always dangerous - still recovering from injury but really starting to look the part for mine
He is not a fullback he might be fine elsewhere but not at back

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:29 pm

boonboon wrote:Moltzen was one of our best today for mine - he added another dimension to thew team and was always dangerous - still recovering from injury but really starting to look the part for mine
Yep. Too many posters have their ideas in their head and are not watching the game. He is learning his trade but he was still our most damaging outside back along with Utai

Geo.

Post by Geo. » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:35 pm

Moltzen was most dangerous when he was in the line......i rate him highly but as a fullback I'm with Hybrid...no way

We are playing with 3 halves and it aint working...
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:36 pm

How as he damaging tiger05? I didnt see him make a line break or step through traffic. I didnt see him draw and pass to put his winger away. I didnt see him run the ball back with any intention other than self preservation.

He finished off the good work of others as he should have and that was good, but he was hardly damaging.

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:37 pm

fergiefurr wrote:Moltzen is a cat
Was this really necessary?????

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:39 pm

stryker wrote:How as he damaging tiger05? I didnt see him make a line break or step through traffic. I didnt see him draw and pass to put his winger away. I didnt see him run the ball back with any intention other than self preservation.

He finished off the good work of others as he should have and that was good, but he was hardly damaging.
I think you have answered your own question. Mckinnon hasn't been able to do this so far this year even though he is a more well rounded fullback.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:43 pm

Geo. wrote:Moltzen was most dangerous when he was in the line......i rate him highly but as a fullback I'm with Hybrid...no way

We are playing with 3 halves and it aint working...
EXACTLY, nothing good he does suggests he is a fullback. He is a five-eighth.

On the other hand every attribute a fullback needs he doesn't have.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:45 pm

Moltzen is the odd man out.

He looked good finishing those tries, but thats exactly what he did, he finished them. He threw a pass to Ryan and sacrified good meterage in the process.

I was waiting for a hospital pass to Ryan/Utai on a kick return but thankfully didn't see it.
"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:46 pm

tiger05 wrote:
Yep. Too many posters have their ideas in their head and are not watching the game. He is learning his trade but he was still our most damaging outside back along with Utai
Just because a bloke scores 2 tries does not mean he has had a good game . Tiger 05 I have not seen you defend the way he handles high ball or reason he does not communicate with other wingers Two of the most important things about being a fullback and he can't do remotely well

fergiefurr

Post by fergiefurr » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:48 pm

Yeah he did awesome when he got the ball and scored in a three on one situation

Should be our fullback for the next 10 years

Never mind that he is scared to contest a bomb, run a ball back hard, put his body on the line in defence etc

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 22 Apr, 2011 11:58 pm

tiger05 wrote:
stryker wrote:How as he damaging tiger05? I didnt see him make a line break or step through traffic. I didnt see him draw and pass to put his winger away. I didnt see him run the ball back with any intention other than self preservation.

I think you have answered your own question. Mckinnon hasn't been able to do this so far this year even though he is a more well rounded fullback.
I disagree mate...Macca was starting to do all these things before his injury on top of being very reliable at the back and organising the troops.

It's a shame for Tim that Lui is so good. He goes well when playing up in the line. Maybe try him at center next week but definetly not at fullback.

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 6:48 am

Can't believe after that game some are still defending Moltzen having the fullback spot

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:06 am

Oh dear... The kid has talent but realistically, we haunt seen Tim play to his potential since 2009. Injury aside, he is playing with no confidence which is evident every time we do not have any momentum. His support play is positive once we get some go forward and tonight he reaped the rewards of 2 Tries.

My concern is where is he best suited in this NRL Team. Reggies will help him gain some confidence, but why would you put a guy down to reggies to harness confidence for a bench spot?
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017