A word on the Broncos

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm
Venue: Sydney Football Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
Tiger_heart

A word on the Broncos

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 6:10 pm

Let's give some credit to the team and the new coach - not only are they great to watch but they have talent to burn.

I, as a West Tigers supporter, take my hat off to them for their performance aganst us. Granted we had our injuries, but overall they outmuscled us, we were out coached and their young (unheralded) young guns made most of ours look like reserve graders. And one D Lockyer proved once again what a superstar he is.

At present, the only true measure of our worth, given who we will have on the field, will be the Canberra game. Unless we perform, I think it'll be time to reach for the blood pressure tablets...something (unfortunately) we are used to by now.

Brisbane Tiger

Post by Brisbane Tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 6:21 pm

I hate Brisbane...

Yes they played well.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 6:23 pm

A very reasoned and appropriate assessment of the night, I think. The Broncos were great and good luck to them. But, I haven't given up on our boys and I will be expecting them to perform nearer to their capacity than they did last night when they face Canberra next week. Let's forget the pursuit of excellence and celebrate some excellence in the pursuit. The boys wil be hurting, we are too, but next week is another game.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 6:34 pm

Amazed at the size of Hodges in real life, hes just massive, no surprises he does what he does

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 6:42 pm

innsaneink wrote:Amazed at the size of Hodges in real life, hes just massive, no surprises he does what he does
Very strongly built no doubt about that. Can be kept relatively quiet when the opposing centre rattles his rib cage a few times, whilst Ayshford kept attempting to arm grab he was no hope of containing him.

Did anyone notice the physique of the Broncos u/20`s winger Aaron Whitechurch (wearing number 5) ?
Built like a tank and had plenty of pace to go with it. Our u`20`s side contained him pretty well all night, but he did send a few of our blokes reeling 3-4 metres back when attempting to tackle him.
He`s played in all the junior rep teams as a centre and will be a real star of the future, being built like he is will most likely be ready for 1st grade real soon. With the talent the Broncos have in the backs he may have to look elsewhere, a player we should be looking at signing IMO.

Peaches

Post by Peaches » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:02 pm

Hodges is the best centre when fit. His huge and super-elusive with his pace and footwork.

Brisbane have very much improved. Their young blokes don't seem to have the errors in them and Lockyer's kicking game is so far in front of ours its not funny.

willow

Post by willow » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:30 pm

Physically they had the Tigers measure and their structure while simple, was effective as they had a good completion rate and good kicking game. Couple that with an effective defensive structure and you have yourself a good well balanced team. They'll make the 8 comfortably if they keep playing the way they are.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:42 pm

willow wrote:Physically they had the Tigers measure and their structure while simple, was effective as they had a good completion rate and good kicking game. Couple that with an effective defensive structure and you have yourself a good well balanced team. They'll make the 8 comfortably if they keep playing the way they are.
But beatable though Willow if we play our best with our best side

Tiger_heart

Post by Tiger_heart » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 7:48 pm

Do you think so? I am not sure both Lawrence and Lote would have make that big a difference - part of last night was the mental attitude gone missing..And let's face it, if not the best side, we were at least 85% there, with all our "strike weapons" fit and ready..But i hope you are right.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 8:01 pm

Tiger_heart wrote:Do you think so? I am not sure both Lawrence and Lote would have make that big a difference - part of last night was the mental attitude gone missing..And let's face it, if not the best side, we were at least 85% there, with all our "strike weapons" fit and ready..But i hope you are right.
Well to start with we would of have Lawrence on Hodges Mackinnon at fullback and Fulton would of started game lot of positives to start with . More cohesion in backline defensively and in attack .

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 10:27 pm

Thought they were a team on song as well. Very strong and committed. Had our measure from the start. It wasn't a rocket science game plan and had no great dazzle either. Very much Bennett inspired (just like the Dragons).
Their only downfalls will be SOO and injuries.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sat 23 Apr, 2011 10:33 pm

Mate the Bronks have the best defense because they play offside in every contest. Its the old Warren Ryan umbrella defense. Force a team to play to one side of the ruck. Last night we had no chance,we were getting smash in attack and had no field position.It was the talking point at my work today and most people are anti the tigers but thought the Bronks were well off side in every contest

Sully

Post by Sully » Sun 24 Apr, 2011 11:11 pm

The tigers didnt turn up in defence that is what cost us. I was amazed by the latitude given in the holding down of the players by the Broncos, and we know that for us to score we need fast play the ball and the refs did us no favours.

Having said that the better team won on the night as we didnt want to put the shoulders in and were grabbing shirts rather than put them on their backs.

Turn up in Canberra or it could be a big score

redemption

Post by redemption » Tue 26 Apr, 2011 12:05 pm

Henjak deserves special mention for their off-season preparation!!

He oversaw virtually their entire pre-season & needs to be credited with their fitness, speed, attitude & structure!!

Griffin has just continued what Ivan started!!!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Tue 26 Apr, 2011 1:28 pm

You're a silly lad Demps.

Hodges made us look very stupid on Friday.

Posted using RoarFEED
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 26 Apr, 2011 6:52 pm

redemption wrote:Henjak deserves special mention for their off-season preparation!!

He oversaw virtually their entire pre-season & needs to be credited with their fitness, speed, attitude & structure!!

Griffin has just continued what Ivan started!!!
Yeah your right but did you see who got all the praise from fool gould and co on friday night?

Bennett :lol: