Great game but.....

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm Sunday 1 May
Venue: Canberra Stadium
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
Chris

Great game but.....

Post by Chris » Sun 01 May, 2011 4:00 pm

We played a team that was facing 7 straight losses. Anything less than the hammering that they got would have been unacceptable.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 01 May, 2011 4:02 pm

We looked like the Tigers of old day...The spine(1,6,7,9) all played brilliantly.!

senexx

Post by senexx » Sun 01 May, 2011 4:04 pm

Too many missed tackles
Courage in my Blood
And Stripes across My Heart
- senex tigris

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Sun 01 May, 2011 4:06 pm

I agree with you Chris, and this is not something to take away from our win. I'm not criticizing here, but we clearly played against a weak team. No pressure whatsoever on our kickers, forwards marched up the field, stupid errors at critical times, essentially the last 3 tries were handed to us.

Even the 2 tries they scored were off a blatant forward pass and I think an extremely questionable video ref decision. Canberra played soo sooo sooooooooooooooooooooooo poorly.

And we needed to kill them. And we did. So props the boys.

Black Orange White

Post by Black Orange White » Sun 01 May, 2011 4:07 pm

Moltzen is a ball hog. Get him out of the centers.

Balmain Bug

Post by Balmain Bug » Sun 01 May, 2011 4:11 pm

Its a good start back for us. We needed that to get some bad play out of our system. That was the first game of the season for us. With the bye next week we should come back quite fit for the Souths game.
Wests Tigers colours are Black, White & Orange. Balmain are Black & Orange. Wests Tigers are not Balmain. Please take note Wests Tigers CEO.

JRD

Post by JRD » Sun 01 May, 2011 4:13 pm

And we had no Ellis,Payton,Gibbs,Lote or Lawrence so it makes our effort even better. If canberra were ever going to fire up and beat us it could have been today but we didnt let them play any footy harrassed them all day

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 01 May, 2011 4:15 pm

The Raiders deserve the last place spot at the moment. They were woeful. But it was fun to watch and our for and against will look healthier.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sun 01 May, 2011 4:15 pm

Chris wrote:We played a team that was facing 7 straight losses. Anything less than the hammering that they got would have been unacceptable.

I actually look at it the other way. We were playing a team that was more desperate than anyone and they were playing at home. Its not often u see a team lose 7 straight. It was a tough game and a win by one point would have done me, I think its a huge win coming into the bye.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 01 May, 2011 4:16 pm

Canberra were terrible but we won and the game showed the ability that we have.

underdog

Post by underdog » Sun 01 May, 2011 4:25 pm

The media did there best to beat up a Canberra win, with the whole Do or Die press lashing hard, followed up with article about the Tigers being distracted by the Sheens saga. Then the footy show gave the Raiders the clean sweep to win against us.

Then we won 49-12.

Stinks to high heaven of the Raiders/Tigers Semi last year - they had all the media beat up - But we won.

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sun 01 May, 2011 4:27 pm

And the raiders were the betting favourites.
Ohhh! And I tipped the Raiders, which clinched it for the Tigers.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 01 May, 2011 4:33 pm

I agree with King Sirro, it was a huge win.
The Raiders may be coming last, but they still have some very good footballers in their side. I thaught the Wests Tigers put on a master class today and I don`t think any side in the NRL would have beaten us.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 01 May, 2011 4:35 pm

Kicking game was probably our best ever and that was on the back of a lot of go forward from the pigs. The Raiders continued to give us good field position so its hard to read to much into the win. McKinnon makes such a difference at the back and Lui is the best no7 in the club by miles. Overall a good performance with all the forwards laying such a good platform. Another week closer to Lawrence and Lote being back

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 01 May, 2011 4:37 pm

supercoach wrote:Kicking game was probably our best ever and that was on the back of a lot of go forward from the pigs. The Raiders continued to give us good field position so its hard to read to much into the win. McKinnon makes such a difference at the back and Lui is the best no7 in the club by miles. Overall a good performance with all the forwards laying such a good platform. Another week closer to Lawrence and Lote being back
When the forwards play well & the kicking game is on song, what team in the NRL will beat us?

willow

Post by willow » Sun 01 May, 2011 5:47 pm

king sirro wrote:
Chris wrote:We played a team that was facing 7 straight losses. Anything less than the hammering that they got would have been unacceptable.

I actually look at it the other way. We were playing a team that was more desperate than anyone and they were playing at home. Its not often u see a team lose 7 straight. It was a tough game and a win by one point would have done me, I think its a huge win coming into the bye.
You could see the look of relief on Sheens face when Kimmorley spoke to him after the game on Fox Sports, even old Tim didn't see a scoreline like that coming as he was certain the Raiders would have been desperate. It just showed what the Tigers can do with McKinnon, Marshall, Lui and Farah all playing as a cohesive unit.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 01 May, 2011 5:52 pm

I assume you cleaned up on Footy Tab then, eh? Given that they were clear favourites and were beaten by 37 points?

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Sun 01 May, 2011 6:03 pm

Started the round 10th in attack...we're now 3rd. Thanks Canberra!