ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm Sunday 1 May
Venue: Canberra Stadium
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
steve-o

Re: 3,2,1

Post by steve-o » Sun 01 May, 2011 7:27 pm

3 mckinnon - great support play
2 heighington - high work rate. hes much more effective when sheens gives him a rest on the bench
1 lui - great kicking game
Year of last finals appearance:
2018 - Roosters, Storm, Rabbitohs, Sharks, Panthers, Broncos, Dragons, Warriors
2017 - Eels, Sea Eagles, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers

Blackpearl

Post by Blackpearl » Sun 01 May, 2011 8:25 pm

3-heigno, tackles,hitups,try, non stop 80 mins .. awesome !

2-mack, the best fullback in the club, first class all round display today and best game so far the tigers

1-benji, what more can you, he is simply the best
I dislike sowfs immensely

willow

Post by willow » Sun 01 May, 2011 9:50 pm

3. McKinnon
2. Heighington
1. Marshall

Notable mentions to Galloway, Woods, Utai, Farah and Lui.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 01 May, 2011 10:11 pm

3 - McKinnon: Everything you want in a fullback. Brilliant defensive positioning, great support play, heavily involved, safe as houses

2 - Heighington: Possibly one of his best games ever, high work rate as always but his work was all quality. IMO he benefitted from two short stints on the bench that kept him fresh

3 - Lui: Tough to split this between Marshall, Farah and Lui but I give the points to Lui for his long kicking game, simply brilliant.

Vicious

Post by Vicious » Sun 01 May, 2011 10:22 pm

I have to agree with Hybrid`s comments. No denying McKinnon was great, but Heighington played like the lunatic we need him to be. He ran the ball and defended with aggression, best game I`ve ever seen him play and if he keeps playing at that level he`d become one of the very best back rowers in the game.
He`s been hard done by only being selected as a bench player for country,he should play for NSW if he can maintain that form.
McKinnon also shocked me, but not plenty of others including Hybrid who had obviously been a lot more impressed with him than what I had been in Wade`s previous games in Wests Tigers colours.
Robert Lui didn`t shock me, I`ve got no doubt he`s a champion in the making and I`ve got no doubt that he and Benji are the best halves combination in the NRL.
Like everyone else very pleased to see Robbie Farah perform somewhere near his very best and Benji was oustanding once again, geez doesn`t he like putting on a show when playing the poor old Raiders.

MightyMaggy

Post by MightyMaggy » Mon 02 May, 2011 6:18 am

This was really a hard choice. It was hard to pick a player, who did not deserve a point. Finally, I decided:-

3. Lui: He really shows what I think are the most important characteristics of a very good half-back. He exudes cheeky confidence and he never shuts up. Great kicking game and a great link in attack.
2. McKinnon: Many full-backs could learn from his positional play in both attack and defence. I hope he keeps fit as he is one of our best buys.
1. Galloway: Great leadership of the pack and showed the way to the very good youngsters around him. He keeps coming up with the big tackle or 10 metre run just when it is needed.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 02 May, 2011 12:22 pm

Was very tough today

3. Robbie Farah
2. Benji
1. Lui

also wanted to give points to McKinnon and Heighinton both outstanding,

and about 3 or 4 others did enough to get points most weeks!

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 02 May, 2011 12:42 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:3 - McKinnon: Everything you want in a fullback. Brilliant defensive positioning, great support play, heavily involved, safe as houses

2 - Heighington: Possibly one of his best games ever, high work rate as always but his work was all quality. IMO he benefitted from two short stints on the bench that kept him fresh

3 - Lui: Tough to split this between Marshall, Farah and Lui but I give the points to Lui for his long kicking game, simply brilliant.
You'd have given McKinnon 3 points just for being fit and edging Moltzen out of the position HT ;)
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...