Stop Over-reacting - we wernt that bad

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Sat 14 May
Venue: ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Telecast: FoxSports2
boonboon

Stop Over-reacting - we wernt that bad

Post by boonboon » Sun 15 May, 2011 9:05 am

I kn ow the first half scoreboard looked bad but we wernt that bad last night in reality - they made a couple of busts in the first half and a couple of random things went against us including a number of penalties and they got some momentum - we wernt great but we fought back - and with a bit of luck we probably would have won in the end. We often play badly against Souths its just how it is as a Tiger supporter

As for the individuals - Dwyer perhaps had a poor game but other then that no one was individually horrible just some badly timed penalties and a few freak things not going our way- for example the 2 drop outs we forced but didnt get back, Wesser having his a great game for the first time all year etc

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 15 May, 2011 9:08 am

"....just how it is......"
Continue your mediocrity acceptance.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 15 May, 2011 9:09 am

Cant win every week

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 15 May, 2011 9:14 am

yeah, our defence around the middle of the ruck was actually really really good.
Premiership material really.
:brick:
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Tigerpride

Post by Tigerpride » Sun 15 May, 2011 9:16 am

We were terrible, I agree you can't win every week but for a team who is "one of the premiership favorites" you just can't not turn up and start the game like that. You'll never see the dragons start a game like that. They're miles ahead of us.

Posted using RoarFEED

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 15 May, 2011 9:17 am

I will be interested whether the penalties had any impact on the result of the game when I watch the replay, surely the referees wouldn't have had any influence on the result.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 15 May, 2011 9:19 am

Dragons play as a team we seem to rely on benji and robbie to create everything and when they dont you see what happens.

Penalties had nothing to do with it.

LCA

Post by LCA » Sun 15 May, 2011 9:21 am

softlaw wrote:yeah, our defence around the middle of the ruck was actually really really good.
Where were you sitting? Were you watching the same game? The Tigers' performace was BAD. Bad in terms of intensity, cohesion, concentration, completion, tactics..... we were not in the contest in the first half. If it was just a few poor reads and a bit of bad luck, then it lasted a hell of a long time....40minutes and 27 points later. It wasn't bad, it was embarrassing.

Granto87

Post by Granto87 » Sun 15 May, 2011 9:24 am

tiger4ever wrote:Cant win every week
:roll we are a first grade football side not some b grade team, people say roller coaster ride :blah but i guess i am in the minority that think we should win more the we have with the team we have, yeh when we are on we are in my view, we have the cattle but lack the attitude we have been inconsitant for years the hole place needs a clean out, poor preformances are to commen around this team and shouldn't be accepted.

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Sun 15 May, 2011 9:29 am

A poor effort and not first grade standard any decent side would have put 40 on souths

cuzzo

Post by cuzzo » Sun 15 May, 2011 9:35 am

Tell me what other side in the NRL gets 27 unanswered points put on them before they turn up mentally.. NONE! At best maybe a side will have one - three tries put on before they answer back. 90% of the game is above the shoulders and last night 17 players left their heads in the sheds for the 1st half. It was a pathetic effort, and the most disturbing thing is not one player tried to lift the side with a big hit or a line break to try and buck the trend to gain momentum. Not one player stood up in the 1st half, 13 spectators / witches hats dressed in a West Tigers away strip..

It is compounded though because it seems to be the norm against South Sydney for us.

But yeah we were not that bad... goose!
***This is not Wayne Cousins***

gazza

Post by gazza » Sun 15 May, 2011 9:37 am

LCA wrote:
softlaw wrote:yeah, our defence around the middle of the ruck was actually really really good.
Where were you sitting? Were you watching the same game? The Tigers' performace was BAD. Bad in terms of intensity, cohesion, concentration, completion, tactics..... we were not in the contest in the first half. If it was just a few poor reads and a bit of bad luck, then it lasted a hell of a long time....40minutes and 27 points later. It wasn't bad, it was embarrassing.
Umm,have you ever heard the term tongue in cheek :lol:

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by jadtiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 9:38 am

LCA wrote:

You obviously didnt get his sarcasm softlaw was giving the team a serve for their defencive effort which they deserved.A truly abysmal performance.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 15 May, 2011 9:53 am

if we were a mediocre team then this thread would be justified.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

Chris

Post by Chris » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:01 am

I'm the biggest Sheens supporter there is and the ultimate optimist but I have to say that our first half performance was purely diabolical and someone has to take responsibility for that. That first was a performance you cant sugar coat if you're fairdinkum.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:03 am

Granto87 wrote:
tiger4ever wrote:Cant win every week
:roll we are a first grade football side not some b grade team, people say roller coaster ride :blah but i guess i am in the minority that think we should win more the we have with the team we have, yeh when we are on we are in my view, we have the cattle but lack the attitude we have been inconsitant for years the hole place needs a clean out, poor preformances are to commen around this team and shouldn't be accepted.

CRY ME A RIVER ITS NRL APART FROM A FEW TEAMS THEY ALL DOING THE SAME.We run 3rd last year you know and this year hasnt got to half way yet.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:04 am

Chris wrote:I'm the biggest Sheens supporter there is and the ultimate optimist but I have to say that our first half performance was purely diabolical and someone has to take responsibility for that. That first was a performance you cant sugar coat if you're fairdinkum.
Yeah blame the players who do we drop if your fairdinkum

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 15 May, 2011 10:05 am

A continuation of a proud tradition of mentally weak Tim Sheens prepared Tigers sides