Utai

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30pm, Sat 14 May
Venue: ANZ Stadium, Sydney Olympic Park
Telecast: FoxSports2
Granto87

Re: Utai

Post by Granto87 » Sun 15 May, 2011 8:46 am

Drop him?? I have seen Ryan play games 3 times worse then that and still get selected week in week out. We would miss him big time he is the only one willing to put there hand up and run it up from our own end in one set he tood 2 hitups in 3 tackles, at least he has a go.

cunno

Post by cunno » Sun 15 May, 2011 8:55 am

If he gets dropped on last nights game then half the team would join him.

sameulcon

Post by sameulcon » Sun 15 May, 2011 9:11 am

I never liked Utai from the start. Sure he started to grow on me. But last night I went back to my original thoughts. He does circles in defence when he is run at, he does not even contest a bomb in attack or defence. We need more than strong dummy half runs. At least Beau Ryan will attempt to diffuse a bomb and he even scored a couple of tries from bombs last season.

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 15 May, 2011 12:35 pm

Utai made over 120 meters in attack, scored a try could have been a double, made 9 tackle busts.......

Far from our worst.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Sun 15 May, 2011 12:49 pm

Utai has been a revelation this year, and is a consistent performer in a side that is inconsistent. He had an ordinary game last night but it doesn't warrant being dropped.

A question for all the clowns who reckon consistent players get dropped after one bad showing: does your boss call for your head when you put in one bad day?

Posted using RoarFEED
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

NJLM78

Post by NJLM78 » Sun 15 May, 2011 1:07 pm

Cultured Bogan wrote:Utai has been a revelation this year, and is a consistent performer in a side that is inconsistent. He had an ordinary game last night but it doesn't warrant being dropped.

A question for all the clowns who reckon consistent players get dropped after one bad showing: does your boss call for your head when you put in one bad day?

Posted using RoarFEED
Would he be the best bloke to wear number 14 though? With Lote soon back and I don't imagine Sheens will keep Ryan on the bench for the rest of the year. I feel that Utai can add more value to our bench. He can play as a forward and play on the wing should the backline needed to be reshuffled. I don't really want to see him lost from the team based on last night. Plenty of players could be dropped really. The bloke has really suprised me this year. I didn't expect to see him in first grade at all when we signed him.

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 15 May, 2011 2:02 pm

Matt Utai was disappointing last night but at least he seemed genuinely upset when he made a blue and wanted to make up for it. Some of the other so called stars didn't seem to care at times in the 1st half. Players have bad games every now and then. He made some terrible blunders (the drop out was probably the worst but from my memory there was someone nearby who possibly could have caught it on the full) but he'll be on the wing next week and we'll see what happens. The ground he makes after kicks can't be underestimated. If the bozos in charge kept teams marking square he'd be even more effective.

dermo

Post by dermo » Sun 15 May, 2011 5:08 pm

When Lote comes back Utai will be dropped hopefully to the bench because i think hes had a blinder of a season so far but i agree with an earlier post that said his weaknesses in defence and under the high ball are becoming more obvious this week. his biggest strength is his work getting us out of our own end but personally i think Lote does this just as well. Also with Mitch Brown and Lote on our wings who are the 2 best in our squad under the high ball hopefully we will be able to score more points off kicks which so far this season has been a big weakness for us as each week teams no that when we are on our 5th tackle we are either putting in grubbers out of dummy half our spreading it wide through benji.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 15 May, 2011 5:25 pm

stryker wrote:Utai made over 120 meters in attack, scored a try could have been a double, made 9 tackle busts.......

Far from our worst.
Exactly. Not his best game but in attack he's doing more than a lot of other players.

IronTiger

Post by IronTiger » Sun 15 May, 2011 5:40 pm

NJLM78 wrote:I've been a really big fan of his this year, but was tonight the performance that sees him dropped for Beau Ryan next week and with Lote back soon, possibly out of the first grade team altogether?

He did pick up his game in the 2nd half and probably could have got two trys if Marshall's pass was allowed but I always felt one bad performance would see him out of 1st grade.
Thats a remarkable feat, you have just posted the most ignorant and ridiculous post of the year so far. Utai has not put foot wrong all year and in your opinion has one bad 40 mins should be dropped.

Another reactionary so called fan

Drop yourself