ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 29 May
Venue: WIN Jubilee Oval
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
innsaneink

Re: Fulton

Post by innsaneink » Sun 29 May, 2011 8:03 pm

This weeks scapegoat it seems.
You guys need to remember its a team game.
Players also play poorly when we wing, it gets glossed over though then.
Wasnt too long ago people were raving about him.
Very fairweatherish

Montague Street

Post by Montague Street » Sun 29 May, 2011 8:54 pm

I agree. Fulton is being scapegoated here.
None of the team are playing as well as they both individually and collectively can and must.

Posted using RoarFEED
Rugby League: The Game They Play in Hell

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 29 May, 2011 9:13 pm

WAY too small to play 12...and other teams are targeting him on the line and barging through him for tries.

Tries hard, but he's not a NRL back rower.

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Sun 29 May, 2011 9:17 pm

like playing a school boy amongst men in the forwards

hooker

Post by hooker » Sun 29 May, 2011 11:52 pm

tiger05 wrote:I really like Fulton as a player but he simply isn't big enough to be in our starting squad.
this is true

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 30 May, 2011 12:36 am

cnx_tigers wrote:WAY too small to play 12...and other teams are targeting him on the line and barging through him for tries.

Tries hard, but he's not a NRL back rower.
Didn't miss a tackle Check his stats .

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 30 May, 2011 12:40 am

AmericanHistoryX wrote:he dropped a few balls???????? - did he watch the tape of last weeks match - werent we supposed to fix that problem? i still dont get it.
1 error 31 tackles no missed tackles .Personally think he is playing to close to the centre of the ruck so he can't use his ball skills . No this isn't man love for Fulton . he was not the worst out there today either .

palms

Post by palms » Mon 30 May, 2011 4:15 pm

supercoach wrote:Fulton was sent out their to play a yard man like Ellis dose. Way to small to cause any problems, next week back to the bench and share that role with Ellis and we could see Liam actually hitting some holes in traffic like the old days but while he is being used as a donkey that will not happen
Spot on supercoach. Fulton is our best gap runner besides Lawrence and Ellis but for him to be effective we have to be on the front foot, not trucking it up from our own line. Our set plays using Fulton were too predictable, throw in some hospital balls and he got punished everytime. I think Fulton offers definite value to our team but he is not a bash and barge man...

Deano1

Post by Deano1 » Mon 30 May, 2011 4:41 pm

palms wrote:
supercoach wrote:Fulton was sent out their to play a yard man like Ellis dose. Way to small to cause any problems, next week back to the bench and share that role with Ellis and we could see Liam actually hitting some holes in traffic like the old days but while he is being used as a donkey that will not happen
Spot on supercoach. Fulton is our best gap runner besides Lawrence and Ellis but for him to be effective we have to be on the front foot, not trucking it up from our own line. Our set plays using Fulton were too predictable, throw in some hospital balls and he got punished everytime. I think Fulton offers definite value to our team but he is not a bash and barge man...

This for me too. He's an old style lock forward, who makes alot of grass cutter type tackles and attacks mainly in the opposition half wide of the ruck, hitting those holes as the inside defenders start to tire. Unfortunately he doesn't have the size to knock opposing forwards on their bums and is expected to tread the same path up the middle of the ruck. Like a few other players in this current side his weaknesses are being exposed by playing him in the wrong role instead of using his strengths!

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 30 May, 2011 5:21 pm

tiger tigers wrote:thats exactly why i want a clean out.....and blair will be a good start......
at the start of the year everyone was tipping this squad to give the comp a big shake, now you want a clean out??
Bit of perspective here,
Gareth Ellis, Player of the year last 2 season, out for almost all of the YTD
Our potent left side attacking combo lawrence and Tuquri misses all but the first 3 games
3 very experienced forwards Galloway, Gibbs and Payten have all missed loads of footy
As best player and captain played the first half dozen games clearly injured

all of this and we are still in the top 8, we have had a heap of kids play and keep us in the hunt, we get a heap back this week and we are likely to still finish somewhere in the top 6 or better not a bad effort

Agree Blair would be a great signing but lets not get too carried away and stuck into these guys

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Mon 30 May, 2011 5:40 pm

innsaneink wrote:This weeks scapegoat it seems.
You guys need to remember its a team game.
Players also play poorly when we wing, it gets glossed over though then.
Wasnt too long ago people were raving about him.
Very fairweatherish

Its not that he played bad, it just the way he was physically dominated all game which is the worry.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

angeman

Post by angeman » Mon 30 May, 2011 8:26 pm

he should play more in a david stagg / dallas johnson type role at lock. put heighno into the 2nd row if you are going to play fulton.

Suzie-Q

Post by Suzie-Q » Mon 30 May, 2011 10:18 pm

Deano1 wrote:
palms wrote:

This for me too. He's an old style lock forward, who makes alot of grass cutter type tackles and attacks mainly in the opposition half wide of the ruck, hitting those holes as the inside defenders start to tire. Unfortunately he doesn't have the size to knock opposing forwards on their bums and is expected to tread the same path up the middle of the ruck. Like a few other players in this current side his weaknesses are being exposed by playing him in the wrong role instead of using his strengths!
And how good was to watch him play lock in the City v Country game - funnily enough, it was like watch ing the Liam Fulton of 2005. It's very disappointing to see a player who does run the gaps not being used in that position.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Tue 31 May, 2011 9:10 am

Suzie-Q wrote:
Deano1 wrote:
palms wrote:

And how good was to watch him play lock in the City v Country game - funnily enough, it was like watch ing the Liam Fulton of 2005. It's very disappointing to see a player who does run the gaps not being used in that position.
Surely Sheens is not using a player incorrectly...surely not?

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Tue 31 May, 2011 9:22 am

king sirro wrote:Its not that he played bad, it just the way he was physically dominated all game which is the worry.
He did play bad but that is unusual. Your point is correct though in that he is more suited to a game when the other forwards get on top and he is not really required to get a roll on for us.

To me he would make a great lock if we wanted a smaller player who would hard, run great lines and be defensively stable. At this point though Heighno is too good a player to move from that position and Ellis, Dwyer, Gibbs, BMM and others should be choosen ahead of Fulton in the 2nd row.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 31 May, 2011 9:28 am

I know noone wants him at the club , but I think he still offers a lot of value as a utility coming off the bench . I don't know how much he is on a season but if the price was right I would keep him Not as a starter but as utility off bench Especially as it appears Moltzen will be fullback next seson ,despite logic suggesting otherwise .

magpie mania

Post by magpie mania » Tue 31 May, 2011 9:33 am

tiger05 wrote:
king sirro wrote:Its not that he played bad, it just the way he was physically dominated all game which is the worry.
He did play bad but that is unusual. Your point is correct though in that he is more suited to a game when the other forwards get on top and he is not really required to get a roll on for us.

To me he would make a great lock if we wanted a smaller player who would hard, run great lines and be defensively stable. At this point though Heighno is too good a player to move from that position and Ellis, Dwyer, Gibbs, BMM and others should be choosen ahead of Fulton in the 2nd row.

I like fulton and I like rhino but ive said on countless occasions over two years when rhino and fulton are on the field at the same time for long periods we lose every time.We need more size and impact from our forwards so fultons creativity can shine but you cant replace him with rhino as rhino is in stelllar form.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Tue 31 May, 2011 11:32 am

True Fulton might not be big but he goes every week & gives everything, Iwould like to see him move to lock & rhino to the second row & use Dwyer off the bench, as i feel this gives us a better balanced back three.