This is do or die

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7pm, Monday 6 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
Telecast: FoxSports2 LIVE
User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39660
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: This is do or die

Post by happy tiger » Mon 30 May, 2011 10:19 pm

MacDougall wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
tiger4ever wrote:eels run 8th and made it in 09....but top 4 if your 4th you can still be knocked out first week 3rd and up you cant
3rd can go first week but would be very unlikely
8 beats 1
7 beats 2
6 beats 3
5 beats 4
3 and 4 are gone
3 goes as long as 7 beats 2, 8 beats 1 and 6 beats 3. 4 v 5 result becomes irrelevant.
Yeah your right Mac Was just making point that 3 can go


User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1797
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: North Carolina

Post by steve-o » Mon 30 May, 2011 10:26 pm

MacDougall wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
tiger4ever wrote:eels run 8th and made it in 09....but top 4 if your 4th you can still be knocked out first week 3rd and up you cant
3rd can go first week but would be very unlikely
8 beats 1
7 beats 2
6 beats 3
5 beats 4
3 and 4 are gone
3 goes as long as 7 beats 2, 8 beats 1 and 6 beats 3. 4 v 5 result becomes irrelevant.
if 7 beats 2, and 8 beats 1, the loser of 4 v 5 is out.

as for the thread topic, cant make the do or die call too early, coz if we lose this week, r u saying we should give up? no way. even if we lose this week the season is only half way through and there would still be plenty of time to make our mark on the comp
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39660
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 30 May, 2011 10:30 pm

steve-o wrote:
MacDougall wrote:
happy tiger wrote:
tiger4ever wrote:eels run 8th and made it in 09....but top 4 if your 4th you can still be knocked out first week 3rd and up you cant
3rd can go first week but would be very unlikely
8 beats 1
7 beats 2
6 beats 3
5 beats 4
3 and 4 are gone
3 goes as long as 7 beats 2, 8 beats 1 and 6 beats 3. 4 v 5 result becomes irrelevant.
if 7 beats 2, and 8 beats 1, the loser of 4 v 5 is out.

as for the thread topic, cant make the do or die call too early, coz if we lose this week, r u saying we should give up? no way. even if we lose this week the season is only half way through and there would still be plenty of time to make our mark on the comp
No just think top 4 will be nigh impossible as cclubs will be 3 wins ahead of us and we have a very hard run next 7 weeks .

User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1797
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: North Carolina

Post by steve-o » Mon 30 May, 2011 10:34 pm

knights at leich = should win - we're better than newcastle
warriors in nz = will be tough
storm at leich = should win on a sunday arvo at leich
dogs at campb = should win at campb, dogs arent as good as ppl think
bye
parra at parra = should win, parra r a mess
cowboys at dfs = will be tough

i dont think the next 7 weeks is that tough
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

User avatar
happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 39660
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 30 May, 2011 11:08 pm

steve-o wrote:knights at leich = should win - we're better than newcastle
warriors in nz = will be tough
storm at leich = should win on a sunday arvo at leich
dogs at campb = should win at campb, dogs arent as good as ppl think
bye
parra at parra = should win, parra r a mess
cowboys at dfs = will be tough

i dont think the next 7 weeks is that tough
Yeah we should of beaten Souths , we should of beaten Bulldogs It depends whether Jeckyl or Hyde shows up Steve O . I think we will win this week . we seem to have it over the Knights the last few years , much like Raiders . Point I was trying to make with all of this Top 8 (8th)isn't likely to win the premiership in my eyes No one has done it yet anyway . Our bare minimum acceptance should be top 6


User avatar
steve-o
Member
Member
Posts: 1797
Joined: Tue 14 Sep, 2010 4:27 pm
Location: North Carolina

Post by steve-o » Mon 30 May, 2011 11:23 pm

happy tiger wrote:
steve-o wrote:knights at leich = should win - we're better than newcastle
warriors in nz = will be tough
storm at leich = should win on a sunday arvo at leich
dogs at campb = should win at campb, dogs arent as good as ppl think
bye
parra at parra = should win, parra r a mess
cowboys at dfs = will be tough

i dont think the next 7 weeks is that tough
Yeah we should of beaten Souths , we should of beaten Bulldogs It depends whether Jeckyl or Hyde shows up Steve O . I think we will win this week . we seem to have it over the Knights the last few years , much like Raiders . Point I was trying to make with all of this Top 8 (8th)isn't likely to win the premiership in my eyes No one has done it yet anyway . Our bare minimum acceptance should be top 6
yeah since the nrl started in '98 no one has won out of the top 4 so realistically if we want to win the comp we've gotta be up there. but the last 2 yrs 6th and 8th have both made it to the gf so as long as we make it into the finals i think we can do some damage
Year of last finals appearance:
2017 - Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Eels, Sharks, Sea Eagles, Panthers, Cowboys
2016 - Raiders, Bulldogs, Titans
2015 - Rabbitohs, Dragons
2013 - Knights
2011 - Tigers, Warriors

Rambo2714
Member
Member
Posts: 786
Joined: Mon 11 Apr, 2011 10:32 am

Post by Rambo2714 » Tue 31 May, 2011 12:39 pm

This thread is ridiculous . Finals are do or die , end 13 is not do or die .


Posted using RoarFEED
Wests for life !

User avatar
Golden
Member
Member
Posts: 3017
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:56 pm

Post by Golden » Tue 31 May, 2011 5:49 pm

mtd wrote:
Golden wrote:As far as I am concerned this is do or die, if we don't win this game we have no hope for the top 4 to win the comp and we might as well not even bother making the 8, its a home game knights are crap lately no Mullen. if we don;t win this game we are G O N E GONE no chance at all in this comp. and are looking like and deserve 10th place. Already beaten by the Roosters and souths 2 joke teams can't fall to this one
in 2005 when we won the comp, where were we placed before we made our run?

yet now we are 8th in a tight comp and you think we should not even bother make the 8 if we lose 1 more game??? ah, i forgot its where we are placed in round 13 that everyone remembers... silly me..
2005 2011, 2005 people picked us for the spoon, 2011 we are picked to win the comp by many people. do you see the difference?? we have a home game against the knights who are average, if we can't win this game we might as well forget about winning this thing, we already could not beat souths or the roosters

I remmeber this time in 05 all we wanted to do was make the bloody 8 for once, and that was it! none of is expected us to win the comp at all.

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Tue 31 May, 2011 7:05 pm

When we lost Ellis, Tuqiri and Lawrence, i said all we need to do is hang in there and win 50% of our games. When we win on Monday we will be on track to do this. If we can sneak it above 50% by the time Lawrence comes back then its game on. Season is nowhere near over, its round twelve and we've had so many things go wrong and we are hanging in there. We may even end up a better side for it.

I understand some peoples views about "do or die", and i dont disagree, but at the same time, it really is only do or die if a loss means mathamatically we cant make it. As long as we can still make it every single one of us will be tuning in each week hoping for the best.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Marshall_magic
Member
Member
Posts: 4252
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 5:33 pm

Post by Marshall_magic » Tue 31 May, 2011 11:16 pm

king sirro wrote:When we lost Ellis, Tuqiri and Lawrence, i said all we need to do is hang in there and win 50% of our games. When we win on Monday we will be on track to do this. If we can sneak it above 50% by the time Lawrence comes back then its game on. Season is nowhere near over, its round twelve and we've had so many things go wrong and we are hanging in there. We may even end up a better side for it.

I understand some peoples views about "do or die", and i dont disagree, but at the same time, it really is only do or die if a loss means mathamatically we cant make it. As long as we can still make it every single one of us will be tuning in each week hoping for the best.
I said the same thing, if we were in the 8, or had a record close to 50/50 when we started getting our full squad back, we'd be in a good position to make a charge for a finals spot. Well we're in the 8 and have a 5-6 record, win tomorrow it's 6-6, half the required wins to make the finals it would seem. If we have a decent run with injuries for the second half of the season, we'll be a better side than we were through the first half, and the origin period is going to be a strong period for us (and a few other clubs who have minimal representation-Manly, Warriors). We string a few wins together over the next few weeks, we're right back in top 4 calculations, but it has to start with Newcastle on Monday.

redemption
Member
Member
Posts: 1475
Joined: Wed 26 May, 2010 3:24 am

Post by redemption » Tue 31 May, 2011 11:23 pm

king sirro wrote:When we lost Ellis, Tuqiri and Lawrence, i said all we need to do is hang in there and win 50% of our games. When we win on Monday we will be on track to do this. If we can sneak it above 50% by the time Lawrence comes back then its game on. Season is nowhere near over, its round twelve and we've had so many things go wrong and we are hanging in there. We may even end up a better side for it.

I understand some peoples views about "do or die", and i dont disagree, but at the same time, it really is only do or die if a loss means mathamatically we cant make it. As long as we can still make it every single one of us will be tuning in each week hoping for the best.
Correct KS!!!

Those who get their rocks off by death-riding, embracing conspiracies & apocalyptic predictions clearly know very little about the game!!!!

User avatar
Chunk
Member
Member
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri 31 Jul, 2009 2:13 pm

Post by Chunk » Wed 01 Jun, 2011 11:45 am

Mathematically it might not be do or die but mentally, if we lose this one with everything pointing to a victory, it would be a big blow.

There is NO reason why we should lose this game.

User avatar
Golden
Member
Member
Posts: 3017
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 9:56 pm

Post by Golden » Wed 01 Jun, 2011 5:44 pm

do you guys really think this team is out of form because of hte injuries?? I don't think we can just get our players back then turn it back on. we got beaten by the dogs quite easy in round 1 too don't forget. I don't think injuries are our problem

king sirro
Member
Member
Posts: 5786
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:39 am

Post by king sirro » Wed 01 Jun, 2011 5:56 pm

Golden wrote:do you guys really think this team is out of form because of hte injuries?? I don't think we can just get our players back then turn it back on. we got beaten by the dogs quite easy in round 1 too don't forget. I don't think injuries are our problem

No i dont think we are out of form because of our injuries. I believe we could have done much better than what we have. But because we are a mentally weak side, its likely that a return of some players will give us the mental boost we need. Its a sad reflection of out mental toughness, but in reality, this is just how we are.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 27991
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Thu 02 Jun, 2011 8:00 am

Golden wrote:do you guys really think this team is out of form because of hte injuries?? I don't think we can just get our players back then turn it back on. we got beaten by the dogs quite easy in round 1 too don't forget. I don't think injuries are our problem
Ask yourself whats more relevant.....round one (3 months ago) or last week?

bbtiger81
Posts: 28
Joined: Thu 02 Jun, 2011 4:46 am

Post by bbtiger81 » Thu 02 Jun, 2011 8:51 am

Not do or die, but it is a good place to start building something. Outlook is better with bodies coming back. Took a peek at the draw and in my humble opinion, I think we should realistically expect a 30 point finish.


Posted using RoarFEED

everett
Member
Member
Posts: 1636
Joined: Fri 12 Mar, 2010 11:01 pm
Location: Kings Langley

Post by everett » Thu 02 Jun, 2011 12:26 pm

It will be good to sort out player's futures as well.

The speculation about the playing futures of the popular Gibbs, Fulton and Moltzen must be having some impact on moral in the club.

I think we can make the 8 but need to turn our season around starting with Newcastle.

Best side on paper to take on Newcastle.
Living the dream and praying for another premiership

tigerbenji
Member
Member
Posts: 2280
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by tigerbenji » Thu 02 Jun, 2011 1:19 pm

Iagree with everett that the speculation of gibbs,fulton, & moltzen, as to where they will be playing next year is having a big effect on the way our team is going.

Post Reply