Lui goes off at 22-4.

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm, Sunday 12 June
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium, Aukland
Telecast: Ch9 4PM LIVE
MacDougall

Re: Lui goes off at 22-4.

Post by MacDougall » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:08 pm

No need to worry, if that isn't the proof he's our weak link I dunno what is.

Jazza

Post by Jazza » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:08 pm

I would say its related to an injury he picked up in the 1st half, from what I remember he was clutching at his wrist and signalling to the sideline.
Gee its grouse at hardware house!

Bismark

Post by Bismark » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:10 pm

underdog wrote:admittedly, iv also always liked lui at 7, but he has played and defended like a busted over the last month or so.

last year his tackling was decent, and i remember a couple of wonderful trysavers from him, WTF has happened in the meantime?

The court case with his girlfriend/fiance. Must be playing on his mind, it is the only explanation outside of 2nd year syndrome (2009 only played a handful of games).

Adman

Post by Adman » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:13 pm

2nd year syndrome.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:14 pm

MacDougall wrote:No need to worry, if that isn't the proof he's our weak link I dunno what is.
You are going to blame Lui for the Tigers playing like muppets for the first 60 minutes?

At least try be objective.

baku

Post by baku » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:16 pm

Give the guy a break. He's a young player playing in a key position. Set up a beauitful first try. Still out number one half back by a mile. Miller aint ready, Moltzen has potential, but Lui is the better half.
If he gets isolated one-on-one by front rowers, or Manu, etc, what do you expect, at least he has a go. Prince wouldn't have missed those tackes too. Not many half backs would make those tackles.
It's good coaching, or bad on our part, to isolate him one-on-one. Look at soward, or langer. Alfie Langer was one of the best half backs ever, but suspect in defence, food for thought.

tigers1111

Post by tigers1111 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:17 pm

hadds75 wrote:Robbie Lui came off at 22-4 with about 20 to go (when simona picked up that loose ball toed through).

Now im not saying moving Moltzen to the halves and taking Lui off is why everything happened after that, but interesting?
u may want to watch again the warriors scored 3 tries after lui went off'

and benji won us that game

moltzen had a chance to show y he should be half but didnt do anything
so miller has to come in

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:19 pm

Bismark wrote:
underdog wrote:admittedly, iv also always liked lui at 7, but he has played and defended like a busted over the last month or so.

last year his tackling was decent, and i remember a couple of wonderful trysavers from him, WTF has happened in the meantime?

The court case with his girlfriend/fiance. Must be playing on his mind, it is the only explanation outside of 2nd year syndrome (2009 only played a handful of games).
Thats all over I think, charges dropped.
His pass for our first try was a pearler
I dont think Lui on or off had much to do with our resurgence, more benji taking control I think and the warriors clocking off

Moh

Post by Moh » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:22 pm

baku wrote:Give the guy a break. He's a young player playing in a key position. Set up a beauitful first try. Still out number one half back by a mile. Miller aint ready, Moltzen has potential, but Lui is the better half.
If he gets isolated one-on-one by front rowers, or Manu, etc, what do you expect, at least he has a go. Prince wouldn't have missed those tackes too. Not many half backs would make those tackles.
It's good coaching, or bad on our part, to isolate him one-on-one. Look at soward, or langer. Alfie Langer was one of the best half backs ever, but suspect in defence, food for thought.
Great post.

I watched Miller in the U20s earlier, I'm a big fan but he's nowhere near ready.

Moltzen is slowly gaining confidence though, could be a possibility if Lui has a couple more shockers/gets injured.

tigers1111

Post by tigers1111 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:24 pm

innsaneink wrote:
Bismark wrote:

Thats all over I think, charges dropped.
His pass for our first try was a pearler
I dont think Lui on or off had much to do with our resurgence, more benji taking control I think and the warriors clocking off

smartest thing ive seen in this thread
100% correct ink

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:24 pm

I'm not blaming him for our first 60. But his terrible defense not being there in the last 20 allowed us to keep them out as much as it allowed us to put on 22 unanswered.

Leroy The Tigers Fan

Post by Leroy The Tigers Fan » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:25 pm

For the long range try that was set up for the Warriors by Locke evading 2 tacklers it was not only Lui who failed to tackle him but Simon Dwyer as well, a noted tackler!.
If Robert is injured then there is the selection conumdrumn yet again, Jacob Miller played well in the NYC yet we all want to see Moltzen back at half, trouble is it seems that the replacement players are only on par with the dropped/injured player.
However 2012 will be different as the club will shed 3 to 4 players to sign Adam Blair!.

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:25 pm

4 weeks ago everyone was saying lui is our answer since scott prince now you guys are attacking him.There must be some logic behind it wheter its the court case or if he has agreed to terms with brisbane.
Number 1 souffs hater

tigers1111

Post by tigers1111 » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:29 pm

MacDougall wrote:I'm not blaming him for our first 60. But his terrible defense not being there in the last 20 allowed us to keep them out as much as it allowed us to put on 22 unanswered.

they scored 3 tries after he went off

benji got us home along with ashford and ellis stepping up

baku

Post by baku » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:30 pm

My concern is if the club sticks by him, which they have been, will he stick by us?
I'm sure I've read somewhere that he is going to test the open market when he's contract's up after he saw what Sandow got. I hate that. Show some loyalty.
How long is he contracted here for? I'd hate to get rid of Moltzen for Lui to then walk out and be left with niether player, guess we'd still have Miller.....
But if Lui is hinting at going, I'd have no issue with the club dropping him and investing time in Moltzen at no.7....

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:30 pm

Oh no I agree Dwyers defense has been rank as well.

Snake

Post by Snake » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:30 pm

Honestly I hope Lui doesn"t play at 7 again this year please its enough with the excuses! watch the game again and watch the last game.

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 6:31 pm

Benji seemed to take over the seven role and Fulton was playing a 6 role in some of the sets, mainly defensive sets. Lui's lack of defense has become a real issue. For all the good work he does with the ball goes out the window when we a defending, even channel nine picked up on his recent form