Interesting fact

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 2pm, Sunday 12 June
Venue: Mt Smart Stadium, Aukland
Telecast: Ch9 4PM LIVE
Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Interesting fact

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:42 pm

Gibbs on field:

Wests 26
Warriors 4

Gibbs off the field:

Warriors 18
Wests 0

He stopped pretty much everything in the ruck. Man of the match.


Gotoddy
Member
Member
Posts: 182
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 9:02 pm
Location: Leichhardt

Post by Gotoddy » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:46 pm

That can't be right, we are letting him go.

User avatar
cnx_tigers
Member
Member
Posts: 827
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 6:57 pm

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:47 pm

He's our best defender along with Ellis and we are much more secure when he's on there. Fact.

With Todd Payten retiring and Gareth getting older, it's lucky we have Gibbo to build our defense around for the next few years.

Oh wait, we released the bloke to Cronulla.........................................*bangs head*

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4394
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 7:50 pm

Ridiculous thread.

Are you going ti drawn the aame conclusion re Tim Simona. Of course not.

The warriors had about 2 sets in the last 20. We didnt have to do much defending.


Posted using RoarFEED

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:00 pm

He was on the field for the first 30 minutes and the last 20. In between, the warriors ripped us apart up the middle providing momentum and subsequent gaps out wide.

It is an observation and fact. Not ridiculous at all.


User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9752
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:04 pm

Yeah cause Bryce would have stopped the chip over the top... The blatant misuse of stats in these forums is almost criminal. Very few of the Warriors tries were anyone's fault - the Warriors were on fire and everything was coming off. Then we got the ball and things turned. If anything the key was Meteo going off - he was carving up.

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:15 pm

Yossarian wrote:Yeah cause Bryce would have stopped the chip over the top... The blatant misuse of stats in these forums is almost criminal. Very few of the Warriors tries were anyone's fault - the Warriors were on fire and everything was coming off. Then we got the ball and things turned. If anything the key was Meteo going off - he was carving up.
How is this a misuse of stats? All I am pointing out is that when he was on the field, we were tighter up the middle and it reflected on the score board. Not saying he was solely responsible for the win, but he did a lot of things that contributed to the win. The difference in defence around the ruck was markedly different when he was on and off the field. In my view, he was our best player. You don't have to agree with me.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4394
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:29 pm

It is ridiculous to draw conclusions, which you tried to do, from such faulty logic. Its the same as the Moltz=100% at threads.




Posted using RoarFEED

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Sun 12 Jun, 2011 8:35 pm

southerntiger wrote:It is ridiculous to draw conclusions, which you tried to do, from such faulty logic. Its the same as the Moltz=100% at threads.
What is wrong with the logic? He defended well around the ruck, this stopped the momentum which was a large contribution to the win, best player on the field.

bob56
Member
Member
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:55 pm

Post by bob56 » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 5:17 pm

seems logical. Mataoe went off 22-16 because he cant tackle when tired.

chuckie

Post by chuckie » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 5:22 pm

I thought our hot streak started when liu left the field


Posted using RoarFEED

magpie mania
Member
Member
Posts: 1106
Joined: Fri 16 Oct, 2009 7:40 pm

Post by magpie mania » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 5:24 pm

Gary Bakerloo wrote:
southerntiger wrote:It is ridiculous to draw conclusions, which you tried to do, from such faulty logic. Its the same as the Moltz=100% at threads.
What is wrong with the logic? He defended well around the ruck, this stopped the momentum which was a large contribution to the win, best player on the field.
Yossarian wrote:Yeah cause Bryce would have stopped the chip over the top... The blatant misuse of stats in these forums is almost criminal. Very few of the Warriors tries were anyone's fault - the Warriors were on fire and everything was coming off. Then we got the ball and things turned. If anything the key was Meteo going off - he was carving up.


Dont worry bakerloo its just sour grapes from the same type of people who have been bad mouthing gibbs all year.

User avatar
MightyMaggy
Member
Member
Posts: 688
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 10:56 pm
Location: Bligh Park

Post by MightyMaggy » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 5:31 pm

chuckie wrote:I thought our hot streak started when liu left the field


Posted using RoarFEED
I think you will find that Lui went off at about 52 minutes, whereas the "come-back" started at 61 minutes.

The player that helped the turn-around to a big degree was Bryce Gibbs, who tightened the ruck defence.

User avatar
cunno
Member
Member
Posts: 4389
Joined: Wed 28 Jul, 2010 7:42 pm

Post by cunno » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 5:33 pm

I agree that Gibbs played well, his defence in particular was very solid and he contributed to the win like many others in the team.

southerntiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4394
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 6:24 pm
Location: Sydney

Post by southerntiger » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 5:37 pm

Thats right it is just sour grapes that i dont like intellectual dishonesty. Gibbs had is best game all season but to suggest he was better than Ellis and Ayshford is extreme bias. To suggest he turned the game around us absolutely ridiculous.

Gibbs is an ordinary footballer and a great clubman. No need to pretend he is something he is not.


Posted using RoarFEED

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9752
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 6:18 pm

magpie mania wrote:
Gary Bakerloo wrote:
southerntiger wrote:It is ridiculous to draw conclusions, which you tried to do, from such faulty logic. Its the same as the Moltz=100% at threads.
What is wrong with the logic? He defended well around the ruck, this stopped the momentum which was a large contribution to the win, best player on the field.
Yossarian wrote:Yeah cause Bryce would have stopped the chip over the top... The blatant misuse of stats in these forums is almost criminal. Very few of the Warriors tries were anyone's fault - the Warriors were on fire and everything was coming off. Then we got the ball and things turned. If anything the key was Meteo going off - he was carving up.


Dont worry bakerloo its just sour grapes from the same type of people who have been bad mouthing gibbs all year.
How have I been bad mouthing Gibbs all year? Get your facts straight pal before you start bagging people.

User avatar
underdog
Member
Member
Posts: 5324
Joined: Tue 27 Apr, 2010 5:25 pm
Location: Gold Coast

Post by underdog » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 6:27 pm

here's a stat -

We got 2 points

The warriors didn't.

Thats the best part. :D
Image

Tigerdale
Member
Member
Posts: 601
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 3:07 pm

Post by Tigerdale » Mon 13 Jun, 2011 11:25 pm

Yossarian wrote:Very few of the Warriors tries were anyone's fault - the Warriors were on fire and everything was coming off. Then we got the ball and things turned. If anything the key was Meteo going off - he was carving up.
100% true.

the warriors caught fire for 15 mins, then we caught fire for 15 mins. Benji kicked better than Maloney and we got the 2 points. was as simple as that.

they are a very good football team, who played very well on sunday. just not quite good enough to beat us :D

Post Reply