Farah will have a big one

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 19 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
tigers05

Re: Farah will have a big one

Post by tigers05 » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:33 pm

lets not forget ONeill lost the captaincy in 05 to Prince and it was a good call but then again ONeill is more of a clubman without an ego to boot

Ellis for me the guy is unassuming and all class

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:38 pm

No! Rhino is exactly who we need. I want a captain that yells at the players when they stuff up and leads by example. Ellis is good but he's not aggro enough. I want my Tigers to fire up and Rhino will make them.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:40 pm

but rhino was one of the players the club was shopping around.....robbie needs an off season to get his body right.....

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:42 pm

And Ellis's mind and heart is in England. He's gone after 2012. Heighington is the man.

Or maybe Beau Ryan? Sounds weird but maybe it could work? He talks enough and the boys seem to love him. He has aggro about him and he tries 100% all the time. Odd thought but I could see it being a good move.

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:48 pm

2013 not 2012

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:49 pm

and failing that Chris Lawrence he has class about him with no ego

willow

Post by willow » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:52 pm

MacDougall wrote:And Ellis's mind and heart is in England. He's gone after 2012. Heighington is the man.

Or maybe Beau Ryan? Sounds weird but maybe it could work? He talks enough and the boys seem to love him. He has aggro about him and he tries 100% all the time. Odd thought but I could see it being a good move.
With the outside backs the Tigers have coming through the NYC I would not expect Ryan to be re-signed when his contract expires.

I think Heighington would be the better captain, but Farah has basically played the entire season injured and with the Storm slowing the ruck down effectively all day, Farah's impact was very limited.

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:52 pm

Really? He is here for another two seasons?

That's good news.

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:53 pm

MacDougall wrote:And Ellis's mind and heart is in England. He's gone after 2012. Heighington is the man.

sorry mac d ,,, but ryan isnt in the team when everyone is fit ..so that rules him out

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 7:57 pm

Maybe Ryan should be in the team permanently. I'm warming to him.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:01 pm

As Ink said in another thread, no point fixing something that isn't broke.
But Farah does seem to give up instead of lifting the team.

If I had a choice, I would pick Ellis until he goes and then Chris Lawrence.
Both are top blokes, professionals and esp. Chris, he's good with his words, as seen once on the Footy Show.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:07 pm

Yeah of course no point fixing something that ain't broke, but I think Farah as captain is broke. My only fear is that it would worsen morale even more and I know Farah relishes the captaincy and that was one of the main reasons he chose us over the Titans. It'd be a pretty tough slog for Farah to lose the NSW 9 position to a nuffy then have captaincy taken off him. Heighington as a co-captain imo.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 8:36 pm

I think Farah keeps the captaincy but he gets a revving up from Sheens. Tell him that he will lose his spot soon because his form has been terrible. Show him how many tries he has butchered. Basically give it to him.

Then give him a strict game plan:

1. No kicks ever.
2. Only run it when you can get clear - i.e. don't play for the penalty.
3. Defend like a demon.
4. Own our attack around the ruck.

Tell him whenever he takes a bad option he is getting hooked and losing the captaincy the following week.

Hopefully he then turns his game around.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 9:17 pm

Over reaction about the captaincy. We had the same talk a few years ago that Hodgo should lose the captaincy. Really captaincy is a little bit of a token position in a game like League. It's not like a cricket captain making fielding and bowling adjustments. It would only worsen morale tossing Farah from the captaincy.

His form however has been poor, and pretty much has been all year.

derailed

Post by derailed » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 9:35 pm

I love how this thread starts out as Farah due for a big one to he plays poorly (again) maybe we should drop him to we can't drop him there is no one else, oh we better just strip him of the captaincy.

Fact his he's playing injured, still thinks it's 2005 and he can run from dummy half and get a penalty everytime or make a break (give up on this mate it ain't going to happen), and teams have figured him out and what he is going to do.

I needs to just sit make and inject himself minimally into games and let some others ran the show a little. In regards to the captaincy I agree with Eddie it's not that big a role

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 9:43 pm

why are we even talking about farah? who do you people wanna replace him with? farah is allowed to have bad luck games. melbourne are real mckoy. be happy - we had them for a while.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 10:10 pm

derailed wrote:I love how this thread starts out as Farah due for a big one to he plays poorly (again) maybe we should drop him to we can't drop him there is no one else, oh we better just strip him of the captaincy.

Fact his he's playing injured, still thinks it's 2005 and he can run from dummy half and get a penalty everytime or make a break (give up on this mate it ain't going to happen), and teams have figured him out and what he is going to do.

I needs to just sit make and inject himself minimally into games and let some others ran the show a little. In regards to the captaincy I agree with Eddie it's not that big a role
It started positive because it was before the game and supporters like myself recognize that he can be a great player. I think we're hopeful he can get into form.

Unfortunately he has been average with the occasional good moment and lots of poor plays I think for at least 2 seasons.

As for the fact he is playing injured. I think it is a fairy tale. Yeah he might have an injured left pinkie but so does every first grade player.

AmericanHistoryX

Post by AmericanHistoryX » Sun 19 Jun, 2011 10:42 pm

if anyone should be captain next it should be ellis. at the moment he is the best player in our team and leads by example.
Clouds of Dust, Buckets of Blood

"They overcame the impossible by doing the unthinkable"