STUPIDITY AT LEICHHARDT

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 3pm, Sunday 19 June
Venue: Leichhardt Oval
alien

Re: STUPIDITY AT LEICHHARDT

Post by alien » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 8:43 pm

tiger4ever wrote:The wires are there for obvious reasons and its at goldxr50 said.
what other ground has them? are people that go to leichhardt oval more likely to jump the fence than the other grounds???

alien

Post by alien » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 8:44 pm

willow wrote:
Sounds like you're whinging just for the sake of it alien. You've been going to games at leichhardt for years. Why is this dribble such an issue now?
its not dribble. it needed to be said. and alot of people share my views
Last edited by alien on Wed 22 Jun, 2011 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

alien

Post by alien » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 8:46 pm

how dare i say anything bad about leichhardt oval, lol

willow

Post by willow » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 8:48 pm

alien wrote:
willow wrote:
alien wrote:another thing. whats with those stupid metal wires just above the fence. it is annoying for the people near the fence
Sounds like you're whinging just for the sake of it alien. You've been going to games at leichhardt for years. Why is this dribble such an issue now?
its not dribble. it needed to be said. and alot of people share my views
Yeah, like there's a whole army of them lining up to back up this ridiculous claim of yours.

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 8:53 pm

alien wrote:how dare i say anything bad about leichhardt oval, lol
do you ever say anything good about the oval.Dont go simple one less wont kill.
Then you can stand up at home in front of the tv.

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 8:58 pm

The toilets are crap too

alien

Post by alien » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 9:03 pm

Alf Duguid wrote:The toilets are crap too
the ones behind the goalposts (down the stairs) is like a dungeon.

its like entering a time warp and/or a 3rd world country :lol:

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 9:07 pm

toilets are crap i agree with that on the hillside.....im suprised its not a health issue to be honest.Its the councils doing.

alien

Post by alien » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 9:11 pm

tiger4ever wrote:toilets are crap i agree with that on the hillside.....im suprised its not a health issue to be honest.Its the councils doing.
you havent been in the ones behind the posts???

tiger4ever

Post by tiger4ever » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 9:14 pm

Yes of course i have but dont bother anymore as i know well and truly what they like its been like that since the early 70s.This is one area we need to get upgraded in a hurry.

alien

Post by alien » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 9:19 pm

i know this is a bit off topic but i always hear people spitting in the toilets. why??? its not every now and again, its almost every time, and im not just talking about leichhardt oval. im talking about anywhere.

TimmAyTiger

Post by TimmAyTiger » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 9:20 pm

Alien I'm just going to have a guess at this wire issue. They play soccer at the ground as well and possibly could be a measure to protect spectators from copping a blow? That said a kiddy copped it from a kick for touch on Sunday haha.

I absolutely despise the people that claim the hill is for sitting. What a bizarre notion! You STAND on it! Otherwise you get in early and grab a bench.
Fancy bringing your picnic rug and all the extras and paying for 4tickets and taking up 8standing spots. Absolute clueless mugs!

Posted using RoarFEED

alien

Post by alien » Wed 22 Jun, 2011 9:24 pm

sitting on the hill during the under 20s i can understand because it wasnt as crowded but during 1st grade when its a "sell-out" and the hill is packed. . .

they should do what kogarah does and actually call the hill a "standing hill" so people wont expect you to sit, and then they wont yell at you if you stand

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 8:14 am

The ground has its issues, but overall is a good place to watch a game of footy provided the crowd is not too large.

I doubt we will be playing at either Leichhardt or Campbelltown in 15-20 years without significant redevelopment of both grounds. By this time, the grounds will need to hold 30,000 for it to be viable to play at them.

The signs are already here. In the space of two weeks we could have two 20,000+ crowds when we could have have sold maybe 25,000+ tickets. Turning consumers away is not a sustainable business practice.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 8:34 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:The ground has its issues, but overall is a good place to watch a game of footy provided the crowd is not too large.

I doubt we will be playing at either Leichhardt or Campbelltown in 15-20 years without significant redevelopment of both grounds. By this time, the grounds will need to hold 30,000 for it to be viable to play at them.

The signs are already here. In the space of two weeks we could have two 20,000+ crowds when we could have have sold maybe 25,000+ tickets. Turning consumers away is not a sustainable business practice.
I always love going to Leichhardt, but I feel you are 100% correct.

The Tigers is a growing Club and has an ever growing fan base which is wide and deverse. I recall the Titans game earlier this year and the Broncos game late last year, and on both these occasions, I would say there was at least 30% of the crowd being Tiger Fans. With the unlikelyhood of the Councils and Government being prepared to upgrade these stadiums to a greater capacity, in 10 years the realisation will probably be no games at either Traditional Ground?!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 8:52 am

Tiger Watto wrote: I always love going to Leichhardt, but I feel you are 100% correct.

The Tigers is a growing Club and has an ever growing fan base which is wide and deverse. I recall the Titans game earlier this year and the Broncos game late last year, and on both these occasions, I would say there was at least 30% of the crowd being Tiger Fans. With the unlikelyhood of the Councils and Government being prepared to upgrade these stadiums to a greater capacity, in 10 years the realisation will probably be no games at either Traditional Ground?!
Leichhardt could be a sensational 30,000 seat stadium. It would dominate Parramatta Stadium as the premier sporting venue of the inner west.

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 8:59 am

Hmmm... This is where our problem starts and for now finishes. If the Tigers could base themselve at 1 ground all year round, I'm sure the Councils and Governments would see the positiveness of up-grading such ground. A bigger problem for Leichhardt, is the infrustructure around it to cater for 30k fans every 2nd weekend...
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

Gary Bakerloo

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Thu 23 Jun, 2011 9:03 am

That is right, but I would argue that with both Campbelltown and Leichhardt with 30,000 capacity, we could initially play 5 at each with 2 at the SFS/ANZ. "Poor" games can be taken to the SFS/ANZ where the revenue stream is underwritten.

Eventually play 6 at each and have 25,000 at each game minimum......that is the dream.......