Sheens without Benji = clueless

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.35pm, Friday 24 June
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Ch.9 LIVE
cnx_tigers

Sheens without Benji = clueless

Post by cnx_tigers » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:22 pm

Benji's brilliance has effectively CARRIED Tim Sheens for years now...freak plays have won us games, stuff that wasn't coached. Natural freak stuff

Take out Benji..........and we have no structure, no real game plan, none of our young blokes have improved compared to players at other clubs (reference = no Origin players). Even Farrah has regressed massively and can't make Origin at a time there's no decent hookers for NSW.

This bloke is a dud coach. He's old and his lack of gameplans are killing us .(Anyone can yell "go sideways, throw it around, hope Benji bails us out".)

We needed a new era desperately. I don't care if Benji would have cried for a month without Sheens, he'd have gotten over it. We needed a culture change and some actual game plans that work long term / something with structure, not simply hoping No. 6 bails us out.

Geez I hope he does the right thing and quits.

tiger05

Post by tiger05 » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:33 pm

You have it completely wrong. Our team without Benji = totally clueless.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:34 pm

Been saying it for years

No one listens

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:36 pm

No BENJI=NO WIN.....simple really
Number 1 souffs hater

Defiant
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter

Post by Defiant » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:37 pm

I blame just a few players tonight.

Between the refs early and our errors we gifted the game.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:38 pm

tiger05 wrote:You have it completely wrong. Our team without Benji = totally clueless.
Who has had almost ten years to construct that team / coach them / give them a gameplan ?

Who has coached our forward pack to be the most passive, soft, lacking any aggression pack in the comp?

Who has coached our halves to be fullbacks?

Who has let the team run for years without any 'real' structure?

The bloke has just collected a pay cheque on the back of BENJI winning us games for way, way too long.

And we just gave him three more years :(

John Lang, Elliot (almost beat us down all his rep players) and Kevin Moore have outcoached him this season and they've all been sacked :evil:

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:42 pm

Our attack was woeful thats true ,but once Farah moved to first reciever we looked better . What cost us Two bad mistakes by MacKinnon and one shocking defensive read by Lui . But what did we expect with two inexperienced play makers Have not had a real shot at Sheens before but I will now . It took him too long to see that what he was planning did not work but once he made change we were better .

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:44 pm

The sad thing is, i got the impression he dead set didnt give Miller a chance. Maybe im wrong, but it seemed he made Miller stay on the left and then decided to play all our attack on the right. When the game was gone it looked like Miller thought "stuff it", and he got himself involved and he looked ok. If your going to put a young guy in then give him free reign to do what he does best.

Im really tired of this left and right crap. Left centre, left backrower....and now we bloody have left and right halves....i cant believe it. These halves have come through the grades dominating all over the park, but once they get into first grade, they get told to stay on one side. I just dont get it.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Snake

Post by Snake » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:49 pm

Sheens is washed up as a NRL coach if he has 7 internationals in his team he looks good but give him a team he has to coach forget it .. he should of been punted 4 yrs ago. Tonights coaching performance was as good as at least 5 players that are selected every week regardless pathetic.

biggest tigers fan

Post by biggest tigers fan » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:51 pm

he is the Australian coach remember :crazy
Number 1 souffs hater

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:52 pm

king sirro wrote:The sad thing is, i got the impression he dead set didnt give Miller a chance. Maybe im wrong, but it seemed he made Miller stay on the left and then decided to play all our attack on the right. When the game was gone it looked like Miller thought "stuff it", and he got himself involved and he looked ok. If your going to put a young guy in then give him free reign to do what he does best.

Im really tired of this left and right crap. Left centre, left backrower....and now we bloody have left and right halves....i cant believe it. These halves have come through the grades dominating all over the park, but once they get into first grade, they get told to stay on one side. I just dont get it.
100% correct.

Sheens "shackles" 95% of the players and insists on the forwards showing "no mongrel".

Benji and Robbie can do as they want, everyone else he's turned into robots that have to obey all his commands. It's why he never changes any of them. If you are "in" and follow his rule to the letter, you have a spot for life. That's the reward for giving up on any individuality and mongrel.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:55 pm

how can you possibly say it was sheens' fault cnx
there's always so many excuses to be found as to why he's completely innocent
funny how well coached teams don;t seem to need to rely on excuses.

sod off sheens. you're rubbish
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 9:58 pm

softlaw wrote:how can you possibly say it was sheens' fault cnx
there's always so many excuses to be found as to why he's completely innocent
funny how well coached teams don;t seem to need to rely on excuses.

sod off sheens. you're rubbish
Well said mate.........and I am matching you here whiskey for wine. I think you're on about number 6, I am on 5 (but they are all doubles)

:)

flash

Post by flash » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:03 pm

100% Sheens and his inside passes are so predictable, Bulldogs did nothing tonight and made us look ordinary. The effort was there in defence but we just don't have a clue in attack.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:09 pm

flash wrote:100% Sheens and his inside passes are so predictable, Bulldogs did nothing tonight and made us look ordinary. The effort was there in defence but we just don't have a clue in attack.
For me, that's what hurts the most about tonights loss mate. The fact the Bulldogs were very, very ordinary. I'd wager that 95% of teams would have beaten them tonight.

The fact we didn't even look like we were in the contest...............just, wow. We are a rabble.

The coach HAS to be accountable for the fact we lack any real attack without Benji.

Hagan rode Andrew John's jockstrap for years......then got exposed as bloke who can't coach.

Sheens seems almost untoucable though and we just inked him for three more years :(

John Lang is coaching Souths without 70% of their pack....yet they might be equal with us in an hours time.

He's been sacked. Our bloke got three more years. Last 18 meeting = Lang 17, Sheens 1.

I just don't get it :(

Tigersmurf

Post by Tigersmurf » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:16 pm

Lang didn't get sacked, he had only agreed to coach for two years. He never wanted any longer than that.

This thread is useless - he is signed up for 3 years so get used to it!

We defended well. They had two tries off dropped balls. It is frustrating that we cannot break the line or offload the ball to players in space, but we had a patched up broken team out there tonight. Miller should have played first receiver. If he is good enough for grade then he is good enough to run the team.

We won't make the 8 this year. If we shouldn't have resigned Sheens then who else would you have suggested? Sticky, Brown.....I don't think so. Folkes is the only one that could have been offered the job and now he is lost too!

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:19 pm

Tigersmurf wrote:
This thread is useless - he is signed up for 3 years so get used to it!
We signed Gibbs for three years also......................and Sheensy had no problem telling him "it was time to move on".

I've backed Sheens for a long time but mate, the time has come. He needs to look in the mirror and really ask if he's the right bloke for this club anymore. If he's honest, he'll say "no" and do the right thing.

We agreed and he agreed to move on if we failed to make the finals in 2010. Yet somehow being garbage in 2011 is acceptable?

tiger tigers

Post by tiger tigers » Fri 24 Jun, 2011 10:22 pm

biggest tigers fan wrote:he is the Australian coach remember :crazy
hahahaha magpiecol could coach the kangaroos ..... you turn up just to get your gear .......