A few vital 1% plays

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7.30pm Saturday 16 July
Venue: Dairy Farmers Stadium, Townsville
Telecast: Fox Sports
hadds75

A few vital 1% plays

Post by hadds75 » Mon 18 Jul, 2011 12:47 pm

Just two vital 1% plays. Probably doesnt deserve a thread but meh.

1) The Bowen try. Mitch Brown gets to the other side of the field to keep bowen out wide making the conversion harder (and he missed). Turned out to be semi vital at 26-14.

2) Meaneys kick chase for the Ayshford try. We arent used to someone chasing it at full belt but it paid off. He might of missed the ball but put pressure on there wing who missed it too for Ayshford to come through and get it.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 18 Jul, 2011 1:54 pm

hadds75 wrote:Just two vital 1% plays. Probably doesnt deserve a thread but meh.

1) The Bowen try. Mitch Brown gets to the other side of the field to keep bowen out wide making the conversion harder (and he missed). Turned out to be semi vital at 26-14.

2) Meaneys kick chase for the Ayshford try. We arent used to someone chasing it at full belt but it paid off. He might of missed the ball but put pressure on there wing who missed it too for Ayshford to come through and get it.
Yeah agree Hadds But I think we kept the Cowboys in the game They basically got tries from a missed bomb , an intercept , a bad bounce (Farah would of cleaned up the ball if it bounces normally) and a turnover from the kick off . Other turning point was early in the first half when Bowen splits us open from the kick return and they drop the ball to the winger (can't remember if it was Kalifa or Ash Graham ) with the line open

stryker

Post by stryker » Tue 19 Jul, 2011 9:08 am

Agree Hadds. I said at the time it was the best kick chase in our history...probably not that wrong either.

Great chase from Meaney, showed a lot of toe.

barra

Post by barra » Tue 19 Jul, 2011 9:31 am

I agree and noticed Brown do that, in fact the team showed a lot more commitment which was great to see. I also liked the determination Farah showed by backing up attacking plays and his great cover tackle.

I also liked the way Groat got in there with the boys and was revving them up, another small thing that matters and also shows his enthusiasm.