Kickoff: 7PM, Monday 29 August
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FOX Sports 2 LIVE
Demps

Re: Mitch Brown

Post by Demps » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 7:36 am

Mitch Brown is the man.
Hope he reads this.

Always looks focused and has a dig, sign him up till 2015.
LEZGO!
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

tigers05

Post by tigers05 » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 7:43 am

I hope we resign Brown a good solid player one of the most underrated players in the club. Would love to see him have a crack at fullback

Tigerdave

Post by Tigerdave » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 7:49 am

tigers05 wrote:I hope we resign Brown a good solid player one of the most underrated players in the club. Would love to see him have a crack at fullback
yeah hopefully he'll get a shot next year, I think most of the forum rates him and wonder why he doesn't get more game time.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 8:26 am

Brown would be our best FB options...I've held this opinion since he played there late last year...He has it all; size; attacks the ball(moltz note!); runs the ball back and can take a high ball....I'm flabbergasted(nice word) why Sheens has not given him a crack at FB this year??!!

whoneedstherapy

Post by whoneedstherapy » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 8:44 am

supercoach wrote:I still think Utai has a major blunder in him that will cost us big time in a big game, probably unfair but i lack confidence in him. Brown on the other hand you know what your going to get every time he runs out onto the field, okay he may spill the odd bomb, but who dosnt

I thought Utai was going to have another shocker when he dropped that first pass cold... Definitely glad he caught the second one when Benji put him away.

I'll be gutted if we lose Mitch. He needs a consistent run in the side like last season and i hope he gets it at fullback leaving reddy to push our boys in the centre's and wing slots. He's got everything, just needs a run in the side and for sheens to tell him he'll back him for a bit to get him going!

clontarfkid

Post by clontarfkid » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 8:51 am

alex wrote:I think the reason Utai was picked at centre is because he runs a very similar line to Lawrence. There were several occasions where Benji floated across field and gave it to a straight charging Utai.

Anyway, back on to Mitch Brown. There's something very fishy here. As everyone else has said, what aren't we seeing?!?!?!
I would love to see him have a crack at fullback next year. I don't really know why we've signed Grant and Reddy when we've got guys like Brown, Simona, and even Tedesco who had a cracker of a game in the 20s tonight.

And gees he hit that kick sweetly. Brown to kick for the rest of the year please.
The reason why Utai was picked in the centres is because we want his go forward,but not his fragility under the high ball or in defence when isolated on the wing.
Weve had plenty of opportunities to play Brown,but in Sheens defence Brown hasnt really grasped them like Utai did early in the season

barra

Post by barra » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 9:28 am

Yes I'd like to see him stay in the team and that was a cracking conversion last night. But there must be something that is stopping him getting a reular spot. We don't get to see the ins and outs of training etc that can give a coach a feeling for what a player offers.

I've always thought Brown lacks aggression for a bloke of his size. Maybe he is just too nice a kid.

This year Moltzen was always going to be persisted with. Next year it might be different. Tedesco is way too young for a regular fullback spot in '12.

spudoakes

Post by spudoakes » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 9:55 am

supercoach wrote:I still think Utai has a major blunder in him that will cost us big time in a big game, probably unfair but i lack confidence in him. Brown on the other hand you know what your going to get every time he runs out onto the field, okay he may spill the odd bomb, but who dosnt
yeah he may spill the occasional bomb but he does it with style :P

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 10:26 am

I agree Brown :mrgreen: is a very good player, & did you see Ellis tell Benji that kick was very good lad & Benjis face said it all & his reply seemed to be your not wrong.

whoneedstherapy

Post by whoneedstherapy » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 11:40 am

tigerbenji wrote:I agree Brown :mrgreen: is a very good player, & did you see Ellis tell Benji that kick was very good lad & Benjis face said it all & his reply seemed to be your not wrong.
Can we groom him as Hodgo v2? :P