Best general admission seating at Cambo

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7PM, Monday 29 August
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: FOX Sports 2 LIVE
User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9667
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Re: Best general admission seating at Cambo

Post by Yossarian » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 10:41 am

The Shiraz Tiger wrote:Driving to C'Town Stadium this afternoon from Beecroft. How long should I give it to get there and where can I park. Anyone ?
From Beecroft I'm guessing depends on whether you want to avoid tolls. I'd think the M2-F7 combo will get you close to the ground with no traffic lights. The other alternative would be to go down the Hume Hwy. The freeway route I'm thinking about an hour, the other way maybe an hour and a quarter? If you're going during peak hour that's another story - the freeways might be a LOT quicker and less stressful.

Parking is probably easiest in the station car park but I've only been out there on a weekend so I have no idea how it would work on a Monday night.


User avatar
genoshan
Member
Member
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon 27 Jun, 2011 9:43 pm

Post by genoshan » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 10:45 am

I think you are almost better off parking at a train station nearby and getting the train to Lumeah. It is a 2 min walk and the trains are frequent.

I also played there as a kid about 30 years ago when I played for Ingleburn RSL ... Do they even have a team anymore ?

1/4 chicken,chips
Member
Member
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:28 am

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 9:47 pm

Ingleburn RSL? Yes they do . their under 13 s were represented in the sprint at halftime.They are known as the Tigers and Bretty Hodgson is one of their juniors.

1/4 chicken,chips
Member
Member
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:28 am

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Mon 29 Aug, 2011 9:51 pm

alien wrote:
Frazer4Wests wrote:Bay 2 my friend,but get their early.
bay 8 is better because its closer to the video screen
I sat just behind Alien and it was a great view .We got there around the 630 mark.The big fella had his western suburbs jacket on with his c,mon wests banner.

User avatar
alien
Member
Member
Posts: 8720
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by alien » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 2:04 pm

Image

Bay 18 was General Admission yesterday. They mustn't have sold alot of tickets for the eastern stand before game day. It was a very good view for General Admission! 8-)

It was actually a better view than some seating in the Gold area!


User avatar
alien
Member
Member
Posts: 8720
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by alien » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 2:08 pm

1/4 chicken,chips wrote:
alien wrote:
Frazer4Wests wrote:Bay 2 my friend,but get their early.
bay 8 is better because its closer to the video screen
I sat just behind Alien and it was a great view .We got there around the 630 mark.The big fella had his western suburbs jacket on with his c,mon wests banner.
:lol: Yes I did!

The Shiraz Tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 104
Joined: Mon 25 Apr, 2011 5:11 pm

Post by The Shiraz Tiger » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 2:35 pm

Ahh what a great drive to the wild west from Beecroft in peak traffic. 1hr and 40mins and god knows how much in tolls. Bay 6 row H on the 40 meter line. First time at Campbelltown. Loved being so close to the game.

billy ray

Post by billy ray » Tue 30 Aug, 2011 5:42 pm

I was in Bay 18 with my brothers. It had a really good atmosphere. Alien, was that you in the front row right on the fence?

User avatar
alien
Member
Member
Posts: 8720
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by alien » Wed 31 Aug, 2011 5:12 am

billy ray wrote:I was in Bay 18 with my brothers. It had a really good atmosphere. Alien, was that you in the front row right on the fence?
yea it was. which row were u in :?: :?: :?:

Gary Bakerloo
Member
Member
Posts: 2463
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 7:22 pm

Post by Gary Bakerloo » Wed 31 Aug, 2011 9:25 am

Good effort with crowd on a Monday night. Just over 14,000.

Clubs like Manly bleat and whinge to the NRL about playing Monday nights and the poor crowds they attract, yet our club can get respectable crowds at our suburban venues. Love it.

Alf Duguid
Member
Member
Posts: 1009
Joined: Fri 14 May, 2010 10:07 am

Post by Alf Duguid » Wed 31 Aug, 2011 11:12 am

Gary Bakerloo wrote:Good effort with crowd on a Monday night. Just over 14,000.

Clubs like Manly bleat and whinge to the NRL about playing Monday nights and the poor crowds they attract, yet our club can get respectable crowds at our suburban venues. Love it.
Correct, and GC would have contributed around 9-10 spectators. Not even some of their players could be bothered to attend (i.e Scott Prince)

Well done to the people of Campbelltown and WT's supporters.

whoneedstherapy
Member
Member
Posts: 227
Joined: Mon 28 Feb, 2011 11:11 am

Post by whoneedstherapy » Wed 31 Aug, 2011 1:43 pm

alien wrote: Bay 18 was General Admission yesterday. They mustn't have sold alot of tickets for the eastern stand before game day. It was a very good view for General Admission! 8-)

It was actually a better view than some seating in the Gold area!
The better half and i got in on the bay 18 action as well near the bay 17 isle.

I was worried my poor c'town performance hoodoo was on when Utai dropped that first pass right in front of us.... thankfully he held onto the second one!

Post Reply