Chris Lawrence

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: 7:30 PM
Venue: Toyota Park, Cronulla
Telecast: FOX Sports 2
shano

Re: Chris Lawrence

Post by shano » Wed 31 Aug, 2011 9:37 pm

Resting Lawrence this week is a smart move. No need to risk him even if he was ready. Utai had a good game in the centres last week and can fll in again until the finals. Must say it's nice to have solid back up players.

t2010igers

Post by t2010igers » Wed 31 Aug, 2011 9:42 pm

Slight twinge last week pushing too hard in rehab...Would be 100/1 to play this weekend. Not worth the risk.

Chris

Post by Chris » Thu 01 Sep, 2011 6:34 am

Tiger Watto wrote:I doubt he will play... does anyone actually know what the 'hicup' was last week?

With Inglis in doubt for the Four Nations, a fit Chris Lawrence should force his way into the Test Line-up!!!
I'd pick Lawrence ahead of a fit Inglis every day of the week.

cunno

Post by cunno » Thu 01 Sep, 2011 6:41 am

A slight twinge, I see, possibly a shifty comment!! I would not be surprised to see him get a run against cronulla even if not for the full game. He is a quick healer.

Mulga Bill

Post by Mulga Bill » Thu 01 Sep, 2011 1:47 pm

cunno wrote:A slight twinge, I see, possibly a shifty comment!!
How cynical are you “Cunno” suggesting our coach would be so Shifty with the media.

I’ll believe Lawrence is not playing when I don’t see him come out during the warm up with the others.
Black & Gold will never fold.

Long Distance Tiger

Post by Long Distance Tiger » Thu 01 Sep, 2011 2:21 pm

Was on track to play this week until he disobeyed physio's instructions and 'twanged' his hammy again. Hopefully back next week

darkie

Post by darkie » Thu 01 Sep, 2011 11:02 pm

Was talking to Chris on Monday night & he said two weeks.

cunno

Post by cunno » Thu 01 Sep, 2011 11:15 pm

Mulga Bill wrote:
cunno wrote:A slight twinge, I see, possibly a shifty comment!!
How cynical are you “Cunno” suggesting our coach would be so Shifty with the media.

I’ll believe Lawrence is not playing when I don’t see him come out during the warm up with the others.
Gee it would be great to see him run out for the warm up MB, I wait in anticipation just in case it happens.

stryker

Post by stryker » Thu 01 Sep, 2011 11:25 pm

Chris wrote:
Tiger Watto wrote:I doubt he will play... does anyone actually know what the 'hicup' was last week?

With Inglis in doubt for the Four Nations, a fit Chris Lawrence should force his way into the Test Line-up!!!
I'd pick Lawrence ahead of a fit Inglis every day of the week.
Love the sentiment but totally disagree at this stage of either players career when it comes to rep level. Inglis is a big game/big match superstar. Chris has had a horror run with injuries the past couple of years. Hopefully next year is kind to him.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 01 Sep, 2011 11:48 pm

cunno wrote:A slight twinge, I see, possibly a shifty comment!! I would not be surprised to see him get a run against cronulla even if not for the full game. He is a quick healer.
Its pretty normal to get small twinges once they start to get to about 75% onwards of full speed
Unless he has done further damage I imagine he will be fine 1st week of semis
It would of been nice if he could of knocked off some rust with 50-60 minutes this weekend but if it can't be helped so be it

cunno

Post by cunno » Fri 02 Sep, 2011 11:22 pm

happy tiger wrote:
cunno wrote:A slight twinge, I see, possibly a shifty comment!! I would not be surprised to see him get a run against cronulla even if not for the full game. He is a quick healer.
Its pretty normal to get small twinges once they start to get to about 75% onwards of full speed
Unless he has done further damage I imagine he will be fine 1st week of semis
It would of been nice if he could of knocked off some rust with 50-60 minutes this weekend but if it can't be helped so be it
Yes it would be good if Chris could get some game time this week but if it's best to be patient and wait another week, I agree Happy. Non the less I'll have the binoculars peeled when the boys run out for warm up tomorrow night.