Trials on TV?

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Saturday 7 Feb, 7:30pm
Venue: Blue Tongue Stadium
Telecast: None
tigertye

Trials on TV?

Post by tigertye » Fri 27 Jan, 2012 1:27 pm

Hey guys, just wondering if this seasons trial games will be televised on fox. Or even online? Unfortunately I'll be away (finally getting my belated xmas break) so I can't get to any of the trials this year. If anyone knows, it would be appreciated.

Cheers guys and Happy Australia Day to all for yesterday.

Posted using RoarFEED

joe's magpies

Post by joe's magpies » Fri 27 Jan, 2012 1:37 pm

Tigertye unfortunatly none of the Tigers trials are on tv. The only pre season game on tv is the charity sheiks game between souths & st George. That game is on fox sports.

Posted using RoarFEED

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 27 Jan, 2012 1:45 pm

joe's magpies wrote:Tigertye unfortunatly none of the Tigers trials are on tv. The only pre season game on tv is the charity sheiks game between souths & st George. That game is on fox sports.

Posted using RoarFEED
And the All Stars game

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Fri 27 Jan, 2012 1:51 pm

I'll be getting along to this evening's u/20's trial, will take some pictures/video.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 27 Jan, 2012 3:06 pm

happy tiger wrote:
joe's magpies wrote:Tigertye unfortunatly none of the Tigers trials are on tv. The only pre season game on tv is the charity sheiks game between souths & st George. That game is on fox sports.

Posted using RoarFEED
And the All Stars game
...and the WCC

~ Tiger Zoe ~

Post by ~ Tiger Zoe ~ » Fri 27 Jan, 2012 3:40 pm

I was hoping the foundation cup might get on fox this year :(

o well...

Is it true that we only have 2 trials this year? vs Parra & vs Roosters? or is there more that ive missed?

Does anyone think 2 trials is maybe a little light as far as giving the team enough time to gell?

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Fri 27 Jan, 2012 3:43 pm

No problems thanks fellas.

I wish they had some sort of online feed we could watch to see how the boys are going. Off season sucks.

Posted using RoarFEED

wtfl1981

Post by wtfl1981 » Fri 27 Jan, 2012 4:11 pm

Shame they dont take on foundation cup. World club challenge will also be on some early sunday morning

Posted using RoarFEED
WESTS TIGERS FOR LIFE!

willow

Post by willow » Fri 27 Jan, 2012 4:14 pm

~ Tiger Zoe ~ wrote:I was hoping the foundation cup might get on fox this year :(

o well...

Is it true that we only have 2 trials this year? vs Parra & vs Roosters? or is there more that ive missed?

Does anyone think 2 trials is maybe a little light as far as giving the team enough time to gell?
I think 2 trials is enough. In previous seasons where the Tigers have played 3 trials, they have always put the fringe players and up and comers in the first trial and held the main squad back.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 27 Jan, 2012 4:40 pm

~ Tiger Zoe ~ wrote:I was hoping the foundation cup might get on fox this year :(

o well...

No way, 2 trials are enough for the top squad. The more trials you play, the higher the chances of a player picking up an injury

~ Tiger Zoe ~

Post by ~ Tiger Zoe ~ » Fri 27 Jan, 2012 4:54 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:

o well...

No way, 2 trials are enough for the top squad. The more trials you play, the higher the chances of a player picking up an injury
Well, trials can also help them prevent injuries as well.

Generally they arent playin at 100% effort in trials, more just getting themselves match ready and not taking unnecessary risks or exertion, but in a proper NRL match, they will be going all out, and if their bodies havent had enough "warm up" so to speak, they could end up with injuries.

The main injuries out of trials are season ending one-off mishaps that could happen in any game at any stage and you just cant budget for them.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 27 Jan, 2012 5:31 pm

~ Tiger Zoe ~ wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:

o well...

Well, trials can also help them prevent injuries as well.

Generally they arent playin at 100% effort in trials, more just getting themselves match ready and not taking unnecessary risks or exertion, but in a proper NRL match, they will be going all out, and if their bodies havent had enough "warm up" so to speak, they could end up with injuries.

The main injuries out of trials are season ending one-off mishaps that could happen in any game at any stage and you just cant budget for them.
No game of footy, no matter how much effort is put in can prevent injuries. The way players are so finely tuned these days, it doesn't take much at all for an injury occur. Just look at what happened to Lui this morning. He suffered a potential season ending knee injury due to a training drill. Look at the way Moltzen did his ACL in 2010. Running down field as apart of a kick chase, got to Matt Bown, planted his leg and his whole knee ruptured. There have been suggestions by a few players that trials should be scrapped altogether. I don't think that should happen, but there is no way the top squad needs more then two games. And if squads are pretty much unchanged from the previous year, 2 games is more then enough time to 'gell'

Goose

Post by Goose » Fri 27 Jan, 2012 5:59 pm

I had a medico swear to me that a couple trials assists in preventing injuries, FTIKH but he was adamant, for that reason everyone played in the trials.

Posted using RoarFEED

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 27 Jan, 2012 6:09 pm

A gradual build up of match fitness and being able to sustain the impact/collisions

Go from minor contact work at training to limited time on & off in trials to the real deal

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Fri 27 Jan, 2012 6:19 pm

Then the question is how many trials do you need? if its a steady build-up, surely 2 is enough

helmesy

Post by helmesy » Fri 27 Jan, 2012 11:04 pm

Here's some footage from tonight's u/20's trial -

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Sat 28 Jan, 2012 2:55 am

Just saw the footage, looks like some good talent coming through. The number 10 has some serious mongrel. The Tigers Fui Fui? Haha

Posted using RoarFEED

tiger_one

Post by tiger_one » Sat 28 Jan, 2012 6:48 pm

Maybe the new NRL Commission will endorse our own dedicated NRL TV channel.
Geez - if the AFL can do it - we sure deserve it too!