IS JOHN GRANT READY FOR 1ST GRADE?

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Friday 9 March 7:30PM
Venue:Bluetongue Stadium
Telecast: Ch9
hybrid_tiger

Re: IS JOHN GRANT READY FOR 1ST GRADE?

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 3:51 pm

Can't understand why people keep mentioning him. He will not play FG this year unless a massive injury crisis occurs.

You seriously can't expect someone switching codes to play FG after round two.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

tigergirlz

Post by tigergirlz » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 4:06 pm

HT - If he switches well isn't a year a long time to wait?

Moh

Post by Moh » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 4:23 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Can't understand why people keep mentioning him. He will not play FG this year unless a massive injury crisis occurs.

What a joke.

It's like Rugby is a completely different sport; don't quote me and list the differences, because I know them. A winger can handle it. I'm prepared to give Grant a go soon, and if you say now is too soon, ok, that's fine, but a year?

Please.

king sirro

Post by king sirro » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 5:08 pm

My take on Grant today.

1st half

He's huge, great looking athlete. Few minutes in Cronulla kicked and Tigers players had to scream at him to drop back. First hit up he got crunched, dropped the ball Cronulla scored. He was then required to make a one on one tackle and missed, Cronulla scored again. Got given a half chance up the sideline but didnt really look like doing anything with it, was going to get bundled out and threw the ball back but we eventually lost possession on the play. That was his entire 1st half involvement.

2nd half
He was on the other side and lost track of him a bit as i was well and truly over the game. He improved. Helped stop a cronulla break by running someone down. Had a strong hit up in the middle of the ruck and looked strong. Sharks put a good grubber in and looked set to score but Grant did very well to turn and get to it first. Scored an easy try.

Overall, i feel he has the talent and the physical attributes. But he looks like he lacks confidence. Once that kicks in we may see a very demaging player, but until then, dont even think about a call up to NRL.
LAUGH NOW CRY LATER--JS

Post by 851 » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 5:21 pm

Well Utai has been ordinary,Grant wouln't have to be too good to be an improvement,plus he has plenty of height and speed.
Go hard or go home

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 5:22 pm

Moh wrote:
hybrid_tiger wrote:Can't understand why people keep mentioning him. He will not play FG this year unless a massive injury crisis occurs.

What a joke.

It's like Rugby is a completely different sport; don't quote me and list the differences, because I know them. A winger can handle it. I'm prepared to give Grant a go soon, and if you say now is too soon, ok, that's fine, but a year?

Please.
Yeah let's just throw him into first grade after how many league games? 2? 3?

white_tiger

Post by white_tiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 5:25 pm

Tim Sheens was on 2sm on Wednesday afternoon I think it was. When asked about Grant he said he was injured at the moment. I forget what the injury was though. Another one we can add to the list

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 6:25 pm

Hes clearly ok now, if you read the thread, he played today

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 6:33 pm

It is simple If he was ready to step up Sheens would play him look at James Tedesco

He obviously isn't ready but that could change around round 12-13

cochise

Post by cochise » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 6:41 pm

Have the people calling for him to play actually seen him play. I've seen him play 3 times and he most definitely is not ready yet. Meaney has spend the 3 games telling him where to stand in both defense and attack. 1st grade is not the place to learn the game.

He has potential, but he is not ready.

T-D-C

Post by T-D-C » Sat 10 Mar, 2012 8:39 pm

cochise wrote:Have the people calling for him to play actually seen him play. I've seen him play 3 times and he most definitely is not ready yet. Meaney has spend the 3 games telling him where to stand in both defense and attack. 1st grade is not the place to learn the game.

He has potential, but he is not ready.

I doubt they have seen him play. Most likely they have just watched the highlight reel on YouTube

Huss Jebzz

Post by Huss Jebzz » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 7:05 am

. So what do we do utai is injured who do we get to fill in utais place. Sheens put didesco at fullback then mitch brown said [automatically edited] it he went to the dogss then what happend dedesco got injured then he puts TOM FUMBLE he cost us a try. WE NEED EXPERIENCED PLAYERS not players who are unexperienced players we got john grant for a reason not so we can put him in nsw cup that is a waste of a player that could be in the team doing alot off damage.. NOw is the time to put grant, reddy, in our side before its to late....

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 7:23 am

Great Work Sirro... Thanks.
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

cochise

Post by cochise » Sun 11 Mar, 2012 12:07 pm

Huss Jebzz wrote:

. So what do we do utai is injured who do we get to fill in utais place. Sheens put didesco at fullback then mitch brown said [automatically edited] it he went to the dogss then what happend dedesco got injured then he puts TOM FUMBLE he cost us a try. WE NEED EXPERIENCED PLAYERS not players who are unexperienced players we got john grant for a reason not so we can put him in nsw cup that is a waste of a player that could be in the team doing alot off damage.. NOw is the time to put grant, reddy, in our side before its to late....

You speak about not wanting to play inexperience players them suggest grant. He is the most inexperienced player in the club.

He is not ready for 1st grade. He has to be directed by other players for his positional play.

adamtiger

Post by adamtiger » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 1:39 pm

everyone is forgetting about Joel Reddy.....he will start on the wing in heart beat over grant.... yes humble made one blunder in 80 minutes and to be fair to the kid, I thought he played really well.... he has also only got a handful of 1st grade games under his belt too ..... got to be patient its only round 2!!!

cochise

Post by cochise » Mon 12 Mar, 2012 7:19 pm

adamtiger wrote:everyone is forgetting about Joel Reddy.....he will start on the wing in heart beat over grant.... yes humble made one blunder in 80 minutes and to be fair to the kid, I thought he played really well.... he has also only got a handful of 1st grade games under his belt too ..... got to be patient its only round 2!!!
Yeah massive overreactions after 2 games.