Groat's fitness?

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Monday 26 March 7:00PM
Venue: Campbelltown Stadium
Telecast: Fox2
Alf Duguid

Re: Groat's fitness?

Post by Alf Duguid » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 11:01 pm

bigdamo wrote:he is effective as awet sao and a shirt grabber looks like he visits maccas before a game for the kids meal.
Your funny, even if the grammar in your posts resembles the rants of a six year old.

Are you Andrew Fifita?

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 11:31 pm

Alf Duguid wrote:
bigdamo wrote:he is effective as awet sao and a shirt grabber looks like he visits maccas before a game for the kids meal.
Your funny, even if the grammar in your posts resembles the rants of a six year old.

Are you Andrew Fifita?

"Your funny".... :mrgreen:

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 11:34 pm

so you dont have anything to say then. so you dis agree or you cant handle the truth i school people like you everyday now off to do youre home work.

Blackandwhite

Post by Blackandwhite » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 11:37 pm

Wow school with bigdamo what will they think of next !

bigdamo

Post by bigdamo » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 11:39 pm

hi black and white you naughty magpie.

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Mon 26 Mar, 2012 11:42 pm

I just got a laugh out of Big Damo slamming someone's grammar.......whilst making a grammatical error.

No offense :)

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 7:15 am

cnx_tigers wrote:
Alf Duguid wrote:

Are you Andrew Fifita?

"Your funny"....
At least someone gets it ...

Alf Duguid

Post by Alf Duguid » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 7:21 am

bigdamo wrote:so you dont have anything to say then. so you dis agree or you cant handle the truth i school people like you everyday now off to do youre home work.
No I made a comment on Groat. He has been thrown to the wolves way too early. He is a work in progress and is a few years away from first grade.

Anyway I have to go and pack my little lunch and watch Dora before I go to big school

underdog

Post by underdog » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 8:13 am

I honestly can't think of a game where I've thought "Wow, Groat had a blinder!"

I also can't think of a game where I've thought "Yeah Groat played ok, I guess..."

He is looking out of his depth - just like smoking gun said.

Persist with Woods, he's really been standing up. At absolute BEST, put Groat on the bench.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 8:34 am

He is no doubt hindered by our current situation in terms of prop stocks, worse than that though is the poor minutes being given to Bell though.

Bigger picture though alot of the guys were blowing after 10 minutes last night which I cannot remember happening for the longest time in terms of number of players and as such I really think the qualification and appplication of Skandalis as Strngth and Conditioning coach must come into question as we look weak and unfit thus far in 2012.

I am a Skando fan but really is he the right man for the job?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 8:41 am

underdog wrote:I honestly can't think of a game where I've thought "Wow, Groat had a blinder!"

I also can't think of a game where I've thought "Yeah Groat played ok, I guess..."

He is looking out of his depth - just like smoking gun said.

Persist with Woods, he's really been standing up. At absolute BEST, put Groat on the bench.
Underdog , I don't think Sheens really has a choice with Groat Yes he should be on the bench but you can't drop him now . The problem is that we don't have enough big men to support our current big men . Bell should be playing more game time

Again just remember , it wasn't Groat who decided to have Meaney on the bench If you asked Groat who he wanted i bet he says Moors which would of been the right mix If we get any injury in the backs we just have to deal with it best we can

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 8:58 am

Fitness is a worry across the board... Groat needs time. He is still 19 I think?

His motor wont be up to NRL level for some time, but he is trying hard. Unfortunately, I highly doubt he is gona go to Sheens and say, "mate, I feel I should be playing 20's" and at the same time, Sheens decided his place in the line-up.

Factoring all those things, I dont think he has let us down... But the guy who has put him in this position has let Matt Groat down!!!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 9:02 am

smeghead wrote:He is no doubt hindered by our current situation in terms of prop stocks, worse than that though is the poor minutes being given to Bell though.

Bigger picture though alot of the guys were blowing after 10 minutes last night which I cannot remember happening for the longest time in terms of number of players and as such I really think the qualification and appplication of Skandalis as Strngth and Conditioning coach must come into question as we look weak and unfit thus far in 2012.

I am a Skando fan but really is he the right man for the job?
Smeg Both sides were blowing That was the fastest start to a match I have seen this season They were both just into it Teams have worked out without Keefy this is the way to beat the Tigers ,run Groat and Woods off there feet

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 9:11 am

The really sad thing is the halves saw their cleanest, quickest ball when Meaney was playing at hooker

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 10:31 am

it's tough to be negative about a young bloke but yeah he doesn't look up to it right now

our defence automatically improves when he goes off and he must be responsible for at least 10 of last night's missed tackles right?

on the plus side, Woods is giving us good go forward, he just needs to cut out the bloody penalties. Also BMM is looking the best I've seen him play (which isn't much)

but we still rely too heavily on Ellis, doesn't bode well for next year. I hope someone gets in Blair's ear and tells him to earn his money, he's playing OK but seriously we need more from a marquee buy like that.

mtd

Post by mtd » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 11:14 am

im sure he's got potential, but he should not be starting...

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 11:15 am

After having another look - Groat actually wasn't that bad. He only played about 30 minutes and made 20 odd pretty good tackles, once or twice he made 3 in a row. So it is pretty obvious he is going out there and making a good fist of it - perhaps highlighting his apparent fitness issue.

He is prone to a shirt grab, but so are a lot of the other guys. He played with much more intensity last night than last week which is good. However, he should be taking more runs - I am not sure why he is running so many decoys.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Tue 27 Mar, 2012 11:18 am

He ran so many decoys because Fulton had no idea what he was doing at hooker