Rowdy's Angles

ImageImageImage
Kickoff: Sunday 1 April 3:00PM
Venue: SCG
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
happy tiger

Rowdy's Angles

Post by happy tiger » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 2:51 am

Look I think Rowdy was pretty good yesterday but I am wondering why he always seems to be running inside out lines

For those who don't know what I mean the idea when you start your run at your opposing centre you start it on his inside shoulder and as the pass reaches you you are attempting to have slid to his outside shoulder and you are catching him off balance and slightly out of position It is a good ploy but that really was the only line he used

What I think would of been more effective (when used in moderation) when Benji or Humble bring him on an inside line and he gets to use some speed and footwork on big tiring forwards or a lazy half late in halves

What do others think ?? Lawrence in my opinion is being used one dimensionally and when he is used correctly is one of our chief weapons and will help create more chances for our halves

Also as they will start watching Lawrence and not Benji or the 7 or vice versa which makes us more dangerous in attack

boonboon

Post by boonboon » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 8:06 am

Pretty good he was Our worst player yesterday 5 missed tackles, 3 errors , 1 penalty against and I agree his running was one dimensional -I'm not sure what the centre training was over summer but both Lawrence and ayshford have had horrible starts to the season

tigertales

Post by tigertales » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 8:11 am

He is going like a busted and was awful yesterday. Even when he is playing poorly he usually doesnt make the mistakes he did yesterday, once again, easy to blame the coach but footballers dont forget how to play overnight, he has had a very ordinary start to the season. Playing without confidence.

bob56

Post by bob56 » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 8:14 am

Out played by every centre he has opposed this year.

Goose

Post by Goose » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 8:19 am

He found alot more space today, and agree he is overplaying the overs runs, id like to see him trying and break the line with some hard running unders lines, coupled with the overs runs.

As others have said, he is making to many mistakes, would like that to change

Tiger Watto

Post by Tiger Watto » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 8:24 am

I thought this thread was 'Rowdys Angels' and thought he had his own Cheer Squad?!

He had more room today and I felt that was because we played through the middle more. Interesting shift by Sheens considering Reddy is traditionaly a Right Centre and Rowdy is a Left. I'd be happy to keep this for a few more weeks and see how it progresses.

He is playing injured, so I hope he comes good!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 8:26 am

I don't think he was bad yesterday. Must have been watching a different game.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 8:35 am

He hasn't got the better of any opposition centre in all five games so far.

Next week he faces Hodges. I'm scared.

Also, him coming up out of the line to try and put a big hit on is really costing us. He never used to do this. It's so risky, leaves a massive hole in the defensive line if it doesn't come off (it usually doesn't)

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 10:50 am

MacDougall wrote:I don't think he was bad yesterday. Must have been watching a different game.
Me too. Apart from that one knock on I thought he was solid and made good metres.

Blake Ayshford, even in his 10 min stint, on the other hand...

Winnipeg

Post by Winnipeg » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 11:34 am

what happened when Ayshford dropped the ball, Ch9 went to an ad break, and afterward we got the scrum feed?

that was confusing

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 5:13 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:He hasn't got the better of any opposition centre in all five games so far.

Next week he faces Hodges. I'm scared.

Also, him coming up out of the line to try and put a big hit on is really costing us. He never used to do this. It's so risky, leaves a massive hole in the defensive line if it doesn't come off (it usually doesn't)

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
Theoutside backs are all doing it HT (screaming out of the line) Sheens must be telling them to do it

But the silly thing it doesn't make sense

Usually when teams do that they force the opposition back inside Seeing that our forwards are struggling defensively in the middle isn't that just asking for trouble by forcing halves back inside