Venue: SCG
Telecast: Ch9 Delay
Tbone

Re: Tuqiri

Post by Tbone » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 2:51 am

We win and this thread doesn't exist.

barra

Post by barra » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 10:30 am

He went okay for his first game back. He is carrying plenty of weight, and needs to regain confidence that his injury is healed. Considering these factors, his best is likely still a couple of months away.

But get used to it, unless injured he will be named each week.

edit - added; Yes, when Everingham scored he was beaten to the ball by a younger winger but there was more to it than that - Benji was marking Taylor and gave him plenty of time to properly grubber kick, and Ryan could have been poistioned better. In the end it was a well executed play and it would be unfair to blame any one individual.
Last edited by barra on Mon 02 Apr, 2012 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 10:34 am

His best was some time ago it will be difficult for him to reach those heights again.

rossop

Post by rossop » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 10:43 am

I wouldn't be so quick to pay out on him. Some people reckon he cost us the semi against NZ last year. Not true IMHO
Give him a couple of games before you stab him in the back, people. Who else we got on the wing? I cant think of anyone who would do better.

jirskyr

Post by jirskyr » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 11:10 am

happy tiger wrote:He was fine today for his first hit out
Our fullback was out of position for the Everingham try
Blame him
It was also a bloody good kick. Having a 120kg bloke take on the line at pace forces the defence to commit. He pops a grubber and the outside boys are already sprinting forward, no way can Tuqiri hold his line then turn that fast when a 2nd rower takes it to the line.

Even Ryan wasn't so bad, he was mid field and came across fairly directly. He just isn't quite fast enough and nobody saw the kick coming.

Not to mention the bounce straight into the breadbasket.

It's the 2 x Luke tries I'd waste my complaints and tears on.

Moh

Post by Moh » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 2:49 pm

Tbone wrote:We win and this thread doesn't exist.
Actually, no.

Like I said, I've been critical of him since last season.

Some of you sound like a broken record, I acknowledged the fact he's had his injury problems. But even before then he wasn't hitting the ball up with any real venom.

If a guy that size pulling the handbreak at the line doesn't frustrate you, then good for you.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 3:28 pm

Thought he played well con sidering how long hes been out injured for, But then if where not bagging him its Benji, or Blair, or Moltzen or Farah we just dont seem to be happy unless we are bagging them.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 3:29 pm

Tiger99 wrote:Some people got no idea.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012
With you there... Thought he was pretty good for his first hit out today. Hasn't played much footy in the last 18 months and it's been great to see him play again, and better yet get through 80 minutes without an injury.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

Moh

Post by Moh » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 3:39 pm

Oh he hasn't played much footy in the last 18 months? Ok... didn't know that.

:brick:

I very rarely bag players. A guy of Lote's size should be running hard. I think so, some of you don't... apparently.

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 02 Apr, 2012 3:56 pm

Moh wrote:Oh he hasn't played much footy in the last 18 months? Ok... didn't know that.

:brick:

I very rarely bag players. A guy of Lote's size should be running hard. I think so, some of you don't... apparently.
Well you either don't know that he has played little over the last 18 months or you choose to ignore it because anyone who has had a horror run with injuries would be a little pensive in their first game back. I'm sure his confidence will build with every game and he'll be back to the 2010 form in no time.

He might have the turning circle of a cruise ship, but there wasn't much else that he could be faulted for yesterday.
It's not cruelty to animals if you inject enough amphetamines.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...