Lets imagine

ImageImageImage
GNR4LIFE

Lets imagine

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 02 May, 2012 1:15 am

Now that a couple days have gone by i just thought id look at this from a lighter side for a moment. Just imagine being home Sunday afternoon, you've shut yourself off from the outside world until 4 o'clock. You watch the game and an hr in the score is 31-0 and you feel a sense of satisfaction that we've put 2 solid performances together 2 weeks in a row (albeit against cellar dwellers) and are moving in the right direction. Now imagine deciding not to finish watching the game, but deciding to get onto the forum to discuss what you think will have been a solid win only to find out we were beaten 32-31 with Parra scoring 32 unanswered points in 15 mins? Incredibly, its not that hard to fatham given the way the game turned out. Another 2 mins and that could well and truely have been the result

How would you people have reacted? me personally would never have recovered and would have been scarred for life

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Wed 02 May, 2012 7:41 am

I waited till four...didnt know the result......started thinking "Second nil scoreline in 2 weeks" about the 50-55 min mark, then started to imagine maybe time for another 2 or three converted tries and I had us something like 49-0....was think of the 80 odd positive jump in f/a and how good that would be, was think Cashy would get another try....and then it started, was like watching in slow motion what Parra were doing and one eye firmly on the clock, there was no panic or anger as it was clear the clock would beat them, more a sense of not believeing what I was seeing....a bit like the planes into the buildings on 9/11

Might study it again today

Cultured Bogan

Post by Cultured Bogan » Wed 02 May, 2012 8:02 am

GNR4LIFE wrote:Now that a couple days have gone by i just thought id look at this from a lighter side for a moment. Just imagine being home Sunday afternoon, you've shut yourself off from the outside world until 4 o'clock. You watch the game and an hr in the score is 31-0 and you feel a sense of satisfaction that we've put 2 solid performances together 2 weeks in a row (albeit against cellar dwellers) and are moving in the right direction. Now imagine deciding not to finish watching the game, but deciding to get onto the forum to discuss what you think will have been a solid win only to find out we were beaten 32-31 with Parra scoring 32 unanswered points in 15 mins? Incredibly, its not that hard to fatham given the way the game turned out. Another 2 mins and that could well and truely have been the result

How would you people have reacted? me personally would never have recovered and would have been scarred for life
How I would have reacted?

"This club means a lot to me and I really love this club, I love playing here, I love playing with all of the boys, it's what I've known for pretty much all of my life and I'm happy to be here." - Luke Brooks.

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

BenjiMagic96

Post by BenjiMagic96 » Wed 02 May, 2012 8:07 am

Cultured Bogan wrote:
GNR4LIFE wrote:Now that a couple days have gone by i just thought id look at this from a lighter side for a moment. Just imagine being home Sunday afternoon, you've shut yourself off from the outside world until 4 o'clock. You watch the game and an hr in the score is 31-0 and you feel a sense of satisfaction that we've put 2 solid performances together 2 weeks in a row (albeit against cellar dwellers) and are moving in the right direction. Now imagine deciding not to finish watching the game, but deciding to get onto the forum to discuss what you think will have been a solid win only to find out we were beaten 32-31 with Parra scoring 32 unanswered points in 15 mins? Incredibly, its not that hard to fatham given the way the game turned out. Another 2 mins and that could well and truely have been the result

How I would have reacted?

LOL

Kul

Post by Kul » Wed 02 May, 2012 8:32 am

I had to get ready for a farewell later on Sunday. At 31-0 I had a shower...

so yeah

When I came back to my computer and saw the score I actually laughed out loud. I mean it's the Wests Tigers after all!
Founder - WestsTigersForum.com

DavidDuncan

Post by DavidDuncan » Wed 02 May, 2012 8:54 am

Kul wrote:I had to get ready for a farewell later on Sunday. At 31-0 I had a shower...

so yeah

When I came back to my computer and saw the score I actually laughed out loud. I mean it's the Wests Tigers after all!
Was in a similar situation, had to turn off at 31-0 to help appease an upset daughter (mickey mouse had to come on)

Then was looking at a tipping app on my phone later and saw 31-30 and thought there must be some sort of bug in their app. Quickly fired up Roar Feed only to find it was reality.
Remember the past. Live in the now. Plan for the future.

underdog

Post by underdog » Wed 02 May, 2012 9:17 am

Well, walking back to the car with the family I would have been in deathly silence, then they probably would have had to physically stop me from jumping into Parramatta river.

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Wed 02 May, 2012 11:52 am

Cardiac arrest would be a good way of putting it

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Wed 02 May, 2012 12:05 pm

It was worse watching it - I nearly had a cardiac arrest then.
Managed to clear a 10 metre radius around me at the pub as it wore on .
This week will be overseas so checking live scores on here- hopefully it will be only updates of us scoring with no comeback in sight.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Wed 02 May, 2012 12:12 pm

As I said in another thread I will sort out this situation as I had the same thing happen in the Souths game while listening to the radio at work when I get called away to sort out something important

From now on I will lock myself in the freezer with the radio so I cannot be disturbed

That way if it still occurs I can stay in the freezer and let the cold take away the agonizing pain .......

stryker

Post by stryker » Wed 02 May, 2012 5:35 pm

Forget 32-31 gunners....the way both sides were playing, if the game had of gone on 2 more minutes it would have been 36-31.

Your scenario sort of happened to me. I was at the game and left with us up 31-0 to have a slash and grab some beers. by the time I got back to my seat they had scored 3 times and were on the rampage for their fourth.

Damn near chucked my beers at them...lol.

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Wed 02 May, 2012 7:46 pm

Was at the game, 31-0 up, thought we could really go on with it and wrap up a score, boost our F/A while we're at it. Usually tense every minute of every game (even when it seems it's impossible to lose), so I thought I could give my heart a rest for the last 15 as I saw my mighty tigers complete back-to-back thrashings. Instead I saw, defensively, probably the most inept 15 minutes a FG team has played and even worried about a miracle comeback. I can never feel safe with this team.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Juro

Post by Juro » Thu 03 May, 2012 9:25 am

I watched the first half on tv, got to 19-0, but knew I wouldn't be able to see most of the 2nd half, and was feeling pretty comfortable. I went into the SMH website, and saw a headline something along the lines of "tigers belting eels", so felt even more comfortable. Then, clicking on the live blog, it came up with the final score. I was just saying "WTF" but relieved that we got the 2 points.
I've been a member since 2012. We last played finals football in 2011. Just saying...

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Thu 03 May, 2012 9:33 am

stryker wrote:Forget 32-31 gunners....the way both sides were playing, if the game had of gone on 2 more minutes it would have been 36-31.

Your scenario sort of happened to me. I was at the game and left with us up 31-0 to have a slash and grab some beers. by the time I got back to my seat they had scored 3 times and were on the rampage for their fourth.

Damn near chucked my beers at them...lol.
Save your beer throwing for when a NSW ref sends either Cameron Smith or Johnathan Thurston to the sin bin at Lang Park again Stryker

barra

Post by barra » Thu 03 May, 2012 9:55 am

I got a cryptic text from a mate while watching the TV just before half time... so I knew something was coming and couldn't enjoy the rest of the game anyway!

cusschops

Post by cusschops » Thu 03 May, 2012 10:20 am

Waited till 4 to watch the game. Was at the pub with my mate who's a die hard eels fan. In the end, with no word of a lie. He left a happier man than I....80 minutes please guys!!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

cusschops

Post by cusschops » Thu 03 May, 2012 10:21 am

barra wrote:I got a cryptic text from a mate while watching the TV just before half time... so I knew something was coming and couldn't enjoy the rest of the game anyway!
Don't you hate when that happens!

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Thu 03 May, 2012 4:39 pm

I can't watch Tigers games on delay, i just always get the sense something awful will happen, which is why i listen to the call on the redio. Last time i watched a game on delay was the Titans game last yr when we went ahead 14-0 early. We all know how that turned out.

But i had an experiecnce like i was describing in my opening post in that match we blew against the Panthers. We lead 13-8 at HT, and i watched as we came out and blew them away in the first 15 mins. The commentators were comparing some of the tries to the ones NSW, who had recently thrashed QLD had scored.At 31-8 I was feeling comftable and decided to turn the radio, and couldn't believe my ears as Brandy Alexander was saying what a comeback the Panthers had made, and it was topped of by Hadley finishing off what Brandy had said by giving the final score. I remember throwing the remote i had in my hand down in disgust