Heighno

ImageImageImage
cnx_tigers

Re: Heighno

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 27 May, 2012 7:42 pm

Just to clarify...........I'd definitely have a place for him in the team if we didn't have Liam Fulton.

This is a great back row:

13. Liam OR Heighno
12. Blair
11. Ellis

This is an undersized back row where we'll get dominated physically way too often:

13. Heighno
12. Liam
11. Blair

You can't play them both. Sheens will pick them both though.......

supercoach

Post by supercoach » Sun 27 May, 2012 7:46 pm

If we had Eliis on that edge today the score would have been big. Poor old Rhino is about the only backrower who would not have scored but he did a ton of work and it was his first start back from a spell. He will be better for the run

southerntiger

Post by southerntiger » Sun 27 May, 2012 7:49 pm

king sirro wrote: I did notice today that everytime he ran we lost some momentum
This sums Heighno up for me. If you ever want to kill a Tigers attacking movement give it Heighno.

Truth is he played okay today but sadly it was still very ineffective. Given the talent we have in the backrow (combined with the purchases for next year) this has to be close to his last season with the club.

I wish Sheens had stuck to his guns last year and let him go to the Panthers.

One season too many for mine.

Stripes96
Location: Where the folks who know about frostiness stay frostiest the most

Post by Stripes96 » Sun 27 May, 2012 7:56 pm

He runs up at million miles an hour at the defensive line, but then does a little shimmy, basically walks into the defence and gets out-muscled in the tackle. If only he didn't stop before the line, he'd be 100 times better.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

cnx_tigers

Post by cnx_tigers » Sun 27 May, 2012 8:00 pm

Stripes96 wrote:He runs up at million miles an hour at the defensive line, but then does a little shimmy, basically walks into the defence and gets out-muscled in the tackle. If only he didn't stop before the line, he'd be 100 times better.

Yeah, which begs the question as to 'why' he does that little shimmy?

He dead set kills the attack.

seijai

Post by seijai » Sun 27 May, 2012 10:31 pm

One word.....ineffective.

Stop with that goose step and barge the line.

Goose

Post by Goose » Sun 27 May, 2012 10:36 pm

i actually thought he was a better today, but agree he certainly lacks penetration.

Im inclined to have bell in the middle ahead of him in the middle at the moment.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 27 May, 2012 10:43 pm

IMO he was the only real negative today.

I really don't want to be too harsh, he has given his all over the years for us, and he still does but he was without a doubt our worst player today. Zero impact in attack and defense, and kills our entire set everytime he takes a hit up.

I have never seen a player so ineffective with the ball. Everytime he hits the line he just drops immediately.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sun 27 May, 2012 10:47 pm

Heighnington was good 2 years ago... Is past his best.... Off to the sharkies heighno...

Mistadobalina

Post by Mistadobalina » Sun 27 May, 2012 10:54 pm

So remind me.. which forwards DID score a try today? You could just as well say the same about Woods nearly scoring. At least Heighno actually got over the line. Bowen is a freak, if it was anyone but him defending we'd have scored an extra try.

Eddie

Post by Eddie » Sun 27 May, 2012 11:14 pm

hybrid_tiger wrote:Zero impact in attack and defense, and kills our entire set everytime he takes a hit up.
This. When he were building on the left with a nice deep set up giving him the ball killed the entire set. A couple of times there were numbers and he ran it. Every time he ran it he dropped to the line like a sack of spuds. Not even getting close to scoring that try was a poor effort. He killed the momentum most times he got the ball. His defence is average, and at times bad on the goal line. He is a committed player, but in my opinion lacks quality. I admire him because he does play with a lot of heart, and it was a big effort from him today to play the 80.

However in the cold light of day, we should be looking at shipping him off to England next season. I think he should be on the bench giving u a couple of 20 minute stints. Maybe then he could try and step up the quality rather then just a quantity of mediocre nothing runs.

He was practising the hit and spin by himself about 15 times in the warm up. Does he realise this is not that effective?!

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sun 27 May, 2012 11:17 pm

Also does anyone notice how many times he turns his back when running back into the defensive line? He did it twice in the second half and nearly got caught out both times.

There is no way in the world he should be playing 80 minutes. 15-20 minutes a half at best.

Meevinman

Post by Meevinman » Sun 27 May, 2012 11:18 pm

He just came back from injury, give him a chance to get back in the feel of it.

willow

Post by willow » Sun 27 May, 2012 11:21 pm

Given it was his first game in 6 weeks, I thought he went well. Let's give him 2-3 weeks before casting judgement like this. Galloway took a good 3-4 weeks to wind up after his foot injury and look at him now.

Meevinman

Post by Meevinman » Sun 27 May, 2012 11:24 pm

willow wrote:Given it was his first game in 6 weeks, I thought he went well. Let's give him 2-3 weeks before casting judgement like this. Galloway took a good 3-4 weeks to wind up after his foot injury and look at him now.
Same could be said for Tuqiri, although it took him a bit longer, lol. I thought he was solid today.

epictiger

Post by epictiger » Sun 27 May, 2012 11:49 pm

bp tiger wrote:you blokes are all blowing smoke out of your arse heighno was very good today he does a lot of work for that forward pack, who was there when benji got run down. How quick u all are to bash him, he gives his all every game unlike blair who plodes around and he does not break the line either. he is a worker and u need them in a team, so give him the respect he deserves please.
I'm ready all this garbage about heighno and can't believe peoples short memories. Thank you bp for some common sense and yea absolutely give the man the respect he deserves.

twenty20

Post by twenty20 » Mon 28 May, 2012 12:13 am

Today, he was over for the winning try.....yet a 5 foot full back spun him around and held him up (on his own).
I vividly remember a much younger Benji Marshall chasing down an "average forward named Darren Smith" in a semi final at the SFS around 2005 with similar results.
As a few have mentioned, he has just returned from injury and I wouldn't put to much stock in his form over the first 4 weeks given the whole team had issues of one sort or another. I'm bettin on a Heigno MOM performance against the Canberra forwards next week after the WTF poison challis of opinion stains his reputation.

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Mon 28 May, 2012 12:15 am

cnx_tigers wrote:Just to clarify...........I'd definitely have a place for him in the team if we didn't have Liam Fulton.

This is a great back row:

13. Liam OR Heighno
12. Blair
11. Ellis

This is an undersized back row where we'll get dominated physically way too often:

13. Heighno
12. Liam
11. Blair

You can't play them both. Sheens will pick them both though.......
Post of the Year.

With Heighno and Fulton in the back row together , 1 from 6.
With Heighno or Fulton only in the back row, 5 from 5.

Thats not the soul reason of course, but it has contributed.