Blair

ImageImageImage
clifferdSH

Re: Blair

Post by clifferdSH » Mon 28 May, 2012 12:07 am

I noticed a lot in his game today he seems to be niggling players. Always seemed to be twisting the opposition player's arm and as was mentioned above, knees in their calves.

He seems to get turtled a lot in tackles but that can be fixed. Also like how he's mainly the only chaser to pressure the kicker. That's commitment.

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Mon 28 May, 2012 12:10 am

One thing Id like to see him/US do is give him the ball when we are in the opposition 20 more/at all!.

When we are close to the line you have to look for your big players like Lawrence, Blair, Ellis if fit, BMM when he's on etc. But too many sets we get down there and Blair doesn't see the ball.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Mon 28 May, 2012 3:22 am

fast play the balls.what a laugh.
strong runs,what a laugh.
really strong when you stutter step before the line and then turn your back and get dominated.

and once again his biggest effort was a hit on a defenseless half kicking.

where is that effort against the big boys.

thankfully sheens finally moved him from the left edge.
he no longer gets in the way or isn't 2 yards back too deep that he commits nobody.

tiger pom

Post by tiger pom » Mon 28 May, 2012 4:56 am

I have been one of Adam Blairs biggest detractors but after the last two games im starting to change my mind.he is definitely improving and is involved so much more than previously.just hope the progress continues and he becomes a favourite with everyone.

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 28 May, 2012 11:21 am

Just starting to see him poke his head through the line in attack, getting his arms free a little more. He's getting there. As the season wears on, I expect he'll start to become the focal point in attack more as far as forward running on the edges go.

When we start seeing Moltzen & Ryan follow him around, we'll see Adam Blair really take off, in my opinion.

For now, he's still getting there.

max smart

Post by max smart » Mon 28 May, 2012 11:26 am

he had a solid off load yesterday and looked almost set for another one about 10 metres from the line which was positive...

agree that in the last two games he has finally started to look solid and cut out the stupid shoulder charges which never come off...

Still, as seen when he took out the kicker, he is still prone to a brain snap every now and then.

Mothermagpie

Post by Mothermagpie » Mon 28 May, 2012 1:35 pm

Knuckles wrote:Patience is not the Forums strong point ... Success is expected from game 1 and continue unaltered until the first Su day in October !

For me, it was only a matter of time before he came good and fitted in with the WT style of play.
I agree, my son keeps saying the same thing, and he is not often wrong :) Time will tell!

Chris

Post by Chris » Mon 28 May, 2012 1:46 pm

alexaki wrote:The heat has come off Blair 'cause we are winning....for mine Blair is nowhere near a $500k player...we paid at least $250k overs for him and Humpty and co made a gross mistake paying that much for him
Who said Blair was on $500k? The club? Oh that's right it was in the media!!!! Just like Ink says, it's funny how some of you guys use the media to support your own agendas.

He's nowhere near that amount.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Mon 28 May, 2012 2:12 pm

Chris wrote:
alexaki wrote:The heat has come off Blair 'cause we are winning....for mine Blair is nowhere near a $500k player...we paid at least $250k overs for him and Humpty and co made a gross mistake paying that much for him
Who said Blair was on $500k? The club? Oh that's right it was in the media!!!! Just like Ink says, it's funny how some of you guys use the media to support your own agendas.

he was the marquee signing, not really playing like one.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

max power

Post by max power » Mon 28 May, 2012 6:35 pm

Blair is going very well ... I dont care if he is on 500k or not he is worth every penny, that is the direction the game is heading.. all players contracts are increasing and righfuly so . This was always going to be his biggest contract and these guys have maybe 7 - 10 years to make some good money and as the game continues to move forward so will player salarys so get used to it because there a worse players out there then blair on the same amount of coin or more...theres even been a couple of players on more coin playing nsw cup in recent times

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 29 May, 2012 3:27 am

Chris wrote:

his manager did.the dt quoted him.
does that mean that is what he is on,no.
but most clubs said they couldn't afford what the tigers were offering.
still doesn't mean he is on 500k.
the general consensus was that he was one of the top backrowers in the game.
doesn't mean he is on 500k,but surely a large chunk of change.
we then go on a offloading spree of contracted players.

yeah i'm sure we got a bargain. :roll:

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 29 May, 2012 3:34 am

Knuckles wrote:Patience is not the Forums strong point ... Success is expected from game 1 and continue unaltered until the first Su day in October !

For me, it was only a matter of time before he came good and fitted in with the WT style of play.
would hardly call getting moved from left edge to right,fitting in with the tigers style.
he was killing the tigers style on the left edge for 3 months.

no coincidence we looked better on the left edge than any other time this year.

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Tue 29 May, 2012 6:37 am

bonstonker wrote:

would hardly call getting moved from left edge to right,fitting in with the tigers style.

Can't see where I wrote that mate !
Coming from a structured club like Melbourne to an ad-lib club like ours was never going to be instantaneous.
As I did write .... it was only a matter of time.

bonstonker

Post by bonstonker » Tue 29 May, 2012 11:07 am

Knuckles wrote:
bonstonker wrote:

Coming from a structured club like Melbourne to an ad-lib club like ours was never going to be instantaneous.
in your last line.

as for moving from the storm to here,what exactly is the big challenge here.
are we playing aussie rules.

Goose

Post by Goose » Tue 29 May, 2012 1:08 pm

Some people are hard to please.
Not sure what people expect from him, 3 tries and a back flip after turning water into wine for the crowd at half time

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Tue 29 May, 2012 1:42 pm

Goose wrote:Some people are hard to please.
Not sure what people expect from him, 3 tries and a back flip after turning water into wine for the crowd at half time
People would bag him for being a show pony with the back flip...

Knuckles

Post by Knuckles » Tue 29 May, 2012 8:53 pm

bonstonker wrote:
Knuckles wrote:
bonstonker wrote:

in your last line.

as for moving from the storm to here,what exactly is the big challenge here.
are we playing aussie rules.
You've lost me mate !
Obviously not a fan hey Bon !

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Tue 29 May, 2012 9:16 pm

Blair played well and was in everything it seemed yesterday.

I want to see a bit more agro in defense.