How Did Braith Anasta Go ??

ImageImageImage
User avatar
tigersrule4life
Member
Member
Posts: 2565
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 9:00 am

How Did Braith Anasta Go ??

Post by tigersrule4life » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:45 pm

Did he play well today is he going to be a good signing for next year ??


User avatar
Flippedy
Member
Member
Posts: 7913
Joined: Mon 19 Oct, 2009 10:58 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Post by Flippedy » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:51 pm

He played well without being brilliant, but it was really a team effort for the Roosters today. I think he will be very handy for us next year, despite being in the twilight of his career, because I think a change of club culture will do him good.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33096
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 8:10 pm

He'll go alright for us next year. Good vision, good talker, good passing and kicking game.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29557
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 8:23 pm

tigersrule4life wrote:Did he play well today is he going to be a good signing for next year ??
Didnt you see the game?

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 41139
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 8:24 pm

I thought he had a good game today

If he'd been on our page of the programme it would of been the difference in my opinion


hellman
Member
Member
Posts: 561
Joined: Thu 01 Mar, 2012 5:24 pm

Post by hellman » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 8:44 pm

He was good from what I saw. He is a threat in attack. I'd play him at lock next year but I have no idea where we are going to fit all the players we have.

Tedesco, Sirro, Anasta, Moltzen and Benji all have to fit into 1,6, 7 and 13. To me the only one there guaranteed a starting spot is Benji and all of them could be star players.

User avatar
Spartan117
Member
Member
Posts: 5960
Joined: Wed 07 Oct, 2009 4:22 pm
Location: Picnic Point, Sydney

Post by Spartan117 » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 8:46 pm

Didnt see the game but the highlight show he had a solid game and will be an asset with the youngsters over the next two years

1/4 chicken,chips
Member
Member
Posts: 1638
Joined: Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:28 am

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 8:47 pm

braith will be the controling influence we have needed for a couple of years ,and no guesses needed to work out who he will replace.

tig_prmz
Member
Member
Posts: 8006
Joined: Sat 03 Oct, 2009 10:32 pm

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 8:50 pm

didn't get muck kicking done in general play.. pearce did most of it, i was really looking forward to seeing that.

isn't afraid to take the line on. no matter what, if he takes the line on, he will always put the defense in two minds. built nicely, good passing game (long and short), passionate, not afraid to take the line on, defensively sound.. would play him at 5/8 next season.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

User avatar
tigersrule4life
Member
Member
Posts: 2565
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 9:00 am

Post by tigersrule4life » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 10:16 pm

Thats Good cant wait untill he joins the tigers who!!!!

User avatar
Yossarian
Member
Member
Posts: 9748
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 7:46 pm
Location: Central Coast

Post by Yossarian » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 10:33 pm

hellman wrote:He was good from what I saw. He is a threat in attack. I'd play him at lock next year but I have no idea where we are going to fit all the players we have.

Tedesco, Sirro, Anasta, Moltzen and Benji all have to fit into 1,6, 7 and 13. To me the only one there guaranteed a starting spot is Benji and all of them could be star players.
I'd say the following have the inside running:

1 - Tedesco
6 - Sironen
7 - Marshall

Anasta will be somewhere in the backrow (I'm thinking he goes straight in for Ellis) or on the bench as a replacement backrower. Moltzen starts from the bench at full strength or where he's needed in case of injuries.

Chadman's Ghost
Member
Member
Posts: 546
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 2:21 pm

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 12:06 am

He played as he normally plays- involved in much of the organising, enthusiastic, injects himself at the right times. He's a smart guy.

What I really noticed was that when the Roosters looked to be imploding & they started jawing at the refs, Anasta was yelling instructions at his players, getting them back in the game. There was a 10-15 minute period from about the 60th minute that held the balance of the game, and as it went on the Roosters started to fall apart. Once that started, you could see Anasta taking control.

Just think back to the times we've all thought the Tigers looked directionless, and then imagine what difference Anasta should make. I'd play him at 5/8 for the record, and let Sironen play off the bench for a year. If young Sironen is smart- he'll tag along with Anasta every day that Anasta is a Tiger, gleaming insights on how to be an on-field general from him.

User avatar
Irvine
Member
Member
Posts: 1330
Joined: Fri 25 Mar, 2011 10:27 pm

Post by Irvine » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 12:23 am

Went really well, was keen to impress and did so.

Chunky love machine
Member
Member
Posts: 173
Joined: Mon 07 Mar, 2011 10:08 am

Post by Chunky love machine » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 8:03 am

Chadman's Ghost wrote:He played as he normally plays- involved in much of the organising, enthusiastic, injects himself at the right times. He's a smart guy.

What I really noticed was that when the Roosters looked to be imploding & they started jawing at the refs, Anasta was yelling instructions at his players, getting them back in the game. There was a 10-15 minute period from about the 60th minute that held the balance of the game, and as it went on the Roosters started to fall apart. Once that started, you could see Anasta taking control.

Just think back to the times we've all thought the Tigers looked directionless, and then imagine what difference Anasta should make. I'd play him at 5/8 for the record, and let Sironen play off the bench for a year. If young Sironen is smart- he'll tag along with Anasta every day that Anasta is a Tiger, gleaming insights on how to be an on-field general from him.
Anasta is the biggest sook in rugby league. He practically cries at the ref every time something goes against him. I was so angry when I found out we had signed his washed up ass. I have spent years hating him from a Tigers supporters point of view. I hate him almost as much as Watmough and Brett Stewart, I will be getting rid of my Heighington jersey next year in case Anasta wears it and I'm mistaken for a fan of his. His druggy girlfriend has a face like a horse too, just for the record.

tigerbenji
Member
Member
Posts: 2331
Joined: Thu 03 Mar, 2011 12:48 pm

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 8:25 am

Thought he played very well & was determined to show the Tigers fans what he could do or bring to us, must play lock though.

jaysondanielgraham
Member
Member
Posts: 68
Joined: Tue 26 Jul, 2011 1:28 pm

Post by jaysondanielgraham » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 8:38 am

tigerbenji wrote:Thought he played very well & was determined to show the Tigers fans what he could do or bring to us, must play lock though.
I agree.... Do not play him in the halves.

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 11:01 am

Chunky love machine wrote:
Chadman's Ghost wrote:He played as he normally plays- involved in much of the organising, enthusiastic, injects himself at the right times. He's a smart guy.

What I really noticed was that when the Roosters looked to be imploding & they started jawing at the refs, Anasta was yelling instructions at his players, getting them back in the game. There was a 10-15 minute period from about the 60th minute that held the balance of the game, and as it went on the Roosters started to fall apart. Once that started, you could see Anasta taking control.

Just think back to the times we've all thought the Tigers looked directionless, and then imagine what difference Anasta should make. I'd play him at 5/8 for the record, and let Sironen play off the bench for a year. If young Sironen is smart- he'll tag along with Anasta every day that Anasta is a Tiger, gleaming insights on how to be an on-field general from him.
Anasta is the biggest sook in rugby league. He practically cries at the ref every time something goes against him. I was so angry when I found out we had signed his washed up ass. I have spent years hating him from a Tigers supporters point of view. I hate him almost as much as Watmough and Brett Stewart, I will be getting rid of my Heighington jersey next year in case Anasta wears it and I'm mistaken for a fan of his. His druggy girlfriend has a face like a horse too, just for the record.
He is a good player and once he pulls on our jersey you should support him.

User avatar
Centaur
Member
Member
Posts: 1572
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 2:35 pm

Post by Centaur » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 3:36 pm

On the continuous call team after the game one of them (Andrew Moore I think) suggested that Anasta was coming to the Tigers on a salary in the vicinity of $350k a year. I nearly drove off the road - that kind of money is ludicrous.

Post Reply