How Did Braith Anasta Go ??

ImageImageImage
tigersrule4life

How Did Braith Anasta Go ??

Post by tigersrule4life » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:45 pm

Did he play well today is he going to be a good signing for next year ??

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 7:51 pm

He played well without being brilliant, but it was really a team effort for the Roosters today. I think he will be very handy for us next year, despite being in the twilight of his career, because I think a change of club culture will do him good.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

willow

Post by willow » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 8:10 pm

He'll go alright for us next year. Good vision, good talker, good passing and kicking game.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 8:23 pm

tigersrule4life wrote:Did he play well today is he going to be a good signing for next year ??
Didnt you see the game?

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 8:24 pm

I thought he had a good game today

If he'd been on our page of the programme it would of been the difference in my opinion

hellman

Post by hellman » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 8:44 pm

He was good from what I saw. He is a threat in attack. I'd play him at lock next year but I have no idea where we are going to fit all the players we have.

Tedesco, Sirro, Anasta, Moltzen and Benji all have to fit into 1,6, 7 and 13. To me the only one there guaranteed a starting spot is Benji and all of them could be star players.

Spartan117

Post by Spartan117 » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 8:46 pm

Didnt see the game but the highlight show he had a solid game and will be an asset with the youngsters over the next two years

1/4 chicken,chips

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 8:47 pm

braith will be the controling influence we have needed for a couple of years ,and no guesses needed to work out who he will replace.

tig_prmz

Post by tig_prmz » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 8:50 pm

didn't get muck kicking done in general play.. pearce did most of it, i was really looking forward to seeing that.

isn't afraid to take the line on. no matter what, if he takes the line on, he will always put the defense in two minds. built nicely, good passing game (long and short), passionate, not afraid to take the line on, defensively sound.. would play him at 5/8 next season.
My Round 1 Team 2018

1. lolo 2. noffa 3. suli 4. milne 5. fonua
6. reynolds 7. brooks
8. packer 9. ET 10. Twal
11. McQuen 12. Lawrence 13. Eiso
14. Matulino 15. McIllwrick 16. Sue 17. Aloiai
18. Marsters 19. Benji 20. Grant 21. K Naiqama
Next: Liddle, MCK, Felise, MWZ, Thompson, Rochow, Gamble

tigersrule4life

Post by tigersrule4life » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 10:16 pm

Thats Good cant wait untill he joins the tigers who!!!!

Yossarian

Post by Yossarian » Sun 17 Jun, 2012 10:33 pm

hellman wrote:He was good from what I saw. He is a threat in attack. I'd play him at lock next year but I have no idea where we are going to fit all the players we have.

Tedesco, Sirro, Anasta, Moltzen and Benji all have to fit into 1,6, 7 and 13. To me the only one there guaranteed a starting spot is Benji and all of them could be star players.
I'd say the following have the inside running:

1 - Tedesco
6 - Sironen
7 - Marshall

Anasta will be somewhere in the backrow (I'm thinking he goes straight in for Ellis) or on the bench as a replacement backrower. Moltzen starts from the bench at full strength or where he's needed in case of injuries.

Chadman's Ghost

Post by Chadman's Ghost » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 12:06 am

He played as he normally plays- involved in much of the organising, enthusiastic, injects himself at the right times. He's a smart guy.

What I really noticed was that when the Roosters looked to be imploding & they started jawing at the refs, Anasta was yelling instructions at his players, getting them back in the game. There was a 10-15 minute period from about the 60th minute that held the balance of the game, and as it went on the Roosters started to fall apart. Once that started, you could see Anasta taking control.

Just think back to the times we've all thought the Tigers looked directionless, and then imagine what difference Anasta should make. I'd play him at 5/8 for the record, and let Sironen play off the bench for a year. If young Sironen is smart- he'll tag along with Anasta every day that Anasta is a Tiger, gleaming insights on how to be an on-field general from him.

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 12:23 am

Went really well, was keen to impress and did so.

Chunky love machine

Post by Chunky love machine » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 8:03 am

Chadman's Ghost wrote:He played as he normally plays- involved in much of the organising, enthusiastic, injects himself at the right times. He's a smart guy.

What I really noticed was that when the Roosters looked to be imploding & they started jawing at the refs, Anasta was yelling instructions at his players, getting them back in the game. There was a 10-15 minute period from about the 60th minute that held the balance of the game, and as it went on the Roosters started to fall apart. Once that started, you could see Anasta taking control.

Just think back to the times we've all thought the Tigers looked directionless, and then imagine what difference Anasta should make. I'd play him at 5/8 for the record, and let Sironen play off the bench for a year. If young Sironen is smart- he'll tag along with Anasta every day that Anasta is a Tiger, gleaming insights on how to be an on-field general from him.
Anasta is the biggest sook in rugby league. He practically cries at the ref every time something goes against him. I was so angry when I found out we had signed his washed up ass. I have spent years hating him from a Tigers supporters point of view. I hate him almost as much as Watmough and Brett Stewart, I will be getting rid of my Heighington jersey next year in case Anasta wears it and I'm mistaken for a fan of his. His druggy girlfriend has a face like a horse too, just for the record.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 8:25 am

Thought he played very well & was determined to show the Tigers fans what he could do or bring to us, must play lock though.

jaysondanielgraham

Post by jaysondanielgraham » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 8:38 am

tigerbenji wrote:Thought he played very well & was determined to show the Tigers fans what he could do or bring to us, must play lock though.
I agree.... Do not play him in the halves.

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 11:01 am

Chunky love machine wrote:
Chadman's Ghost wrote:He played as he normally plays- involved in much of the organising, enthusiastic, injects himself at the right times. He's a smart guy.

Anasta is the biggest sook in rugby league. He practically cries at the ref every time something goes against him. I was so angry when I found out we had signed his washed up ass. I have spent years hating him from a Tigers supporters point of view. I hate him almost as much as Watmough and Brett Stewart, I will be getting rid of my Heighington jersey next year in case Anasta wears it and I'm mistaken for a fan of his. His druggy girlfriend has a face like a horse too, just for the record.
He is a good player and once he pulls on our jersey you should support him.

Centaur

Post by Centaur » Mon 18 Jun, 2012 3:36 pm

On the continuous call team after the game one of them (Andrew Moore I think) suggested that Anasta was coming to the Tigers on a salary in the vicinity of $350k a year. I nearly drove off the road - that kind of money is ludicrous.