Benji

ImageImageImage
LCA

Re: Benji

Post by LCA » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 8:14 am

What really hit home last night was that we are, effectively, a 2-man team; Farah and Marshall. Not for the first time, when Farah is out iinjured, Marshall just hasn't stood up. Robbie is and will be a star without Marshall but Benj needs Robbie on the park with him to take the expectation away from himself. Hurry back, Robbie!

hybrid_tiger

Post by hybrid_tiger » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 9:38 am

We are a one man team at the moment.

And it's not Marshall.

Twodogs

Post by Twodogs » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 10:00 am

claws wrote:It was too slippery for any type of jinking runs or side steps tonight. Give him a break. I don't recall anyone doing this type of running from either team. Yeah, he missed a few tackles, when the others are back he will be OK.
You are joking, surely? Ben Barba ring a bell??

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

bbobb

Post by bbobb » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 10:03 am

happy tiger wrote:Citizen Tiger if he creates 2 tries and lets in three tries he is a liability

Tiger 99 Is Benji having a problem with his left shoulder ??

PM me if you like

Its looks like something isn't right defensively with him and it might explain why he isn't running the ball ??

x2. Benji has never had great tackling technique but when he was confident with his shoulder, he would at least commit. He is now arm grabbing and not driving with his shoulder. Does anyone remember how Benji defended when he made his comebacks from injury? Looks all toofamiliar to me.

Of course the real problem is that if we have noticed then everyone else has as well and he will be targeted and we will leak points.

I sincerely hope I am mistaken but after reading his book - I can't help but wonder....

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 10:06 am

I suspect a shoulder concern ... his defence was getting heaps better .Some of those attemps were bad so one thinks there is a problem.

The Phantom

Post by The Phantom » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 10:13 am

shifty wrote:We miss that mug rob lui something bad...

I agree....

Tigerspirit

Post by Tigerspirit » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 10:34 am

I want someone in the media to ask Benji, 'why he doesnt run the ball anymore' and to critize him live on air that ' is because he has lost his speed? Or sheens telling him to play conservative? Has he lost his mojo after getting engaged?' and that supporters especially young fans of the tigers have not seen his trademark attack runs all year and they want answers?'
I would love to hear and see his reaction live!

Tiger99

Post by Tiger99 » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 10:40 am

happy tiger wrote:Citizen Tiger if he creates 2 tries and lets in three tries he is a liability

PM me if you like

Its looks like something isn't right defensively with him and it might explain why he isn't running the ball ??
He was in doubt all week. But passed a fitness test. I don't think he wants to miss a game. But his shoulder is giving him problems. But as he said last night e ain't using it as an excuse.

Scorcher

Post by Scorcher » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 10:50 am

If Benji was playing touch last night he wouldn't have missed a tackle.

Aside from his poor defence his kicking all round was crap including the goal kicking, making 10m when kicking for touch is what I would expect an U/13 player would make. I blame Sheens as he persisted with Benji's poor goal kicking for 3 years. When Farah isn't there he cannot do all of the kicking as it stuffs us up every time.

TIGER

Post by TIGER » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 11:05 am

Tigerspirit wrote:I want someone in the media to ask Benji, 'why he doesnt run the ball anymore' and to critize him live on air that ' is because he has lost his speed? Or sheens telling him to play conservative? Has he lost his mojo after getting engaged?' and that supporters especially young fans of the tigers have not seen his trademark attack runs all year and they want answers?'
I would love to hear and see his reaction live!

Ill tell you why, it's because he's just a touch footy player and he will only run the ball when he has enough broken play that a defender has trouble touching him let alone making contact. he is afraid of taking the ball to the line unless the defence is on the back pedal.

magpiecol

Post by magpiecol » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 11:23 am

willow wrote:He has played worse than that. 2 try assists tonight, without him the Tigers lose by 22, not 12.

You are kidding right?

Did you miss the three tackles that he missed to allow them three tries!!!!

Another Sheen's experiment gone wrong. He is not a half back and never will be. He seems to have lost everything he once had, speed, acceleration, swerve, side step etc etc. Sad to see one of the truly great attacking players of the modern era reduced to kicking " up and unders". WTF.

Maybe he wants (and needs) to go home to New Zealand.

We have a perfectly good half back in the NYC (not everybody's cup of tea I will admit) who, if played, would allow Benji to go back to 5/8 where he belongs.

Did Sironen play last night? He is far to slow to play 5/8. Maybe lock in place of Hino, who is really playing crap and should call it a day.

And while we are at it, how about a forward who can unload a ball in traffic. Woods and Groat can, but seem to have been discouraged by Sheens to play this part of their game.

There is no greater supporter of the team than I, however, the team as it is made up at the moment will not reach the semi's, let alone win the premiership. Big changes are needed, starting at the top.

milford_magic

Post by milford_magic » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 11:27 am

Big Changes MagpieCol.

Not only do the players need to go, but the tactics. When we get the ball 10m out you need to look to your weapons. Guys like BMM, Blair, Benji, Lawrence. Instead we get down there and go through a set where a prop takes a decent run, then is followed by Ryan, Heighno, Fulton and Heighno again and it turns out to be a wasted set.

tigerbenji

Post by tigerbenji » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 11:37 am

Must agree we seemed to get lost once we got into there 20met zone, also i hate having to see Lawrence & Ayshford used as battering rams running the ball out from our owntry line.

shane2801

Post by shane2801 » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 7:58 pm

He has always been the most overrated player in the game.. period. It's great to see I'm not the only one that sees it now.
BLACK & WHITE...DYNAMITE!!!!!

bundyboy

Post by bundyboy » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 8:16 pm

Just watching titans v warriors game . I would love to see Shaun Johnson play for the tigers ! He really has a dig ,he has a go , takes on the line , and can tackle . He makes benji look like a wet paper bag .

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 10:31 pm

shane2801 wrote:He has always been the most overrated player in the game.. period. It's great to see I'm not the only one that sees it now.
I haven't seen anyone saying he's over-rated, he's just not being used the right way. Theres no doubt we miss Lui. I don't know how his name hasn't been brought up more often, probably coz off his off-field issues, but he has been the biggest loss this yr bar none

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 10:38 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:
shane2801 wrote:He has always been the most overrated player in the game.. period. It's great to see I'm not the only one that sees it now.
I haven't seen anyone saying he's over-rated, he's just not being used the right way. Theres no doubt we miss Lui. I don't know how his name hasn't been brought up more often, probably coz off his off-field issues, but he has been the biggest loss this yr bar none
Dunno GNR Toss up between Bryce and Lui I reckon

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 07 Jul, 2012 10:40 pm

Tiger99 wrote:

PM me if you like

He was in doubt all week. But passed a fitness test. I don't think he wants to miss a game. But his shoulder is giving him problems. But as he said last night e ain't using it as an excuse.

So what you are saying that this will continue ?? :(