TOP 8 Next Year

User avatar
Granto87
Member
Member
Posts: 681
Joined: Mon 12 Oct, 2009 3:13 pm

TOP 8 Next Year

Post by Granto87 » Sun 18 Oct, 2009 1:15 pm

I think we will make the top 8 next rear may even push for top 4. Where do you think we will finish and what other teams do you think will make it, or miss out.

Heres mine

1.Bulldogs
2.Eels
3.St george
4.Tigers
5.Melbourne
6.Rabbits
7.Manly
8.Titans


habibsta33
Member
Member
Posts: 218
Joined: Sat 05 Sep, 2009 11:43 pm

Post by habibsta33 » Sun 18 Oct, 2009 4:17 pm

i think it will look something like this:

1.Eels
2.Dragons
3.Tigers
4.Melbourne

5.Bulldogs
6.Brisbane
7.Manly
8.Rabbithos

9.Newcastle
10.Penrith
11.Titans
12.Cowboys
13.Sharks
14.Roosters
15.Warriors
16.Raiders

---syberian tiger---

Post by ---syberian tiger--- » Sun 18 Oct, 2009 5:53 pm

1. Dragons- Will go through another regular season with the minor premiership... Still in search of some game breakers and a genuine half..
2. Eels- Will consolidate on their miracle run
3. Storm- Not loosing many players
4. Brisbane- Loosing Taylor is a blow, but they have a good pool of talent with a city of such large proportions... Might miss Hunt a bit as well
5. Tigers- really see us being premiership contenders next year... Us and Brisbane for 4 and 5 is a 50/50 call..............
6. Dogs- If anything happens to Kimmorley they are gone... personally i think they are pretty average
7. Manly- Filth will fall to 7th
8. Rabbitohs- A gun forward pack wins them some matches...

jasetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 228
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 4:49 pm

Post by jasetiger » Sun 18 Oct, 2009 5:57 pm

---syberian tiger--- wrote:1. Dragons- Will go through another regular season with the minor premiership... Still in search of some game breakers and a genuine half..
2. Eels- Will consolidate on their miracle run
3. Storm- Not loosing many players
4. Brisbane- Loosing Taylor is a blow, but they have a good pool of talent with a city of such large proportions... Might miss Hunt a bit as well
5. Tigers- really see us being premiership contenders next year... Us and Brisbane for 4 and 5 is a 50/50 call..............
6. Dogs- If anything happens to Kimmorley they are gone... personally i think they are pretty average
7. Manly- Filth will fall to 7th
8. Rabbitohs- A gun forward pack wins them some matches...


Great analysis & agree with all your comments....My Top 8 as well.

I think we will make the 8 and as we know.....once in the 8, anything can happen!

User avatar
alex
Member
Member
Posts: 3624
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 7:58 pm
Location: Haberfield

Post by alex » Sun 18 Oct, 2009 5:58 pm

1. Eels
2. Storm
3. Dragons
4. Bulldogs
5. Tigers
6. Titans
7. Manly
8. Knights

Souths have a good forward pack but without Wing's experience there I reckon they'll be very inconsistent.


User avatar
Snowy
Member
Member
Posts: 712
Joined: Sun 12 Jul, 2009 4:38 pm
Location: Central Coast NSW

Post by Snowy » Sun 18 Oct, 2009 6:13 pm

1. Tigers
2. Dragons
3. Storm
4. Bulldogs
5. Eels
6. Titans
7. Manly
8. Panthers

User avatar
glebe_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 798
Joined: Wed 15 Jul, 2009 2:19 pm

Post by glebe_tiger » Sun 18 Oct, 2009 6:49 pm

after whats happened the past couple of seasons i'd just be happy to be in the 8, dont care what position just being in it is all that counts.

User avatar
Geo.
Member
Member
Posts: 29896
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 10:55 pm
Location: Sandy Point NSW..

Post by Geo. » Sun 18 Oct, 2009 7:09 pm

Snowy wrote:1. Tigers
2. Dragons
3. Storm
4. Bulldogs
5. Eels
6. Titans
7. Manly
8. Panthers
THAT WILL DO ME!!!!!!!!!!





























:D FINE
Wests Tigers don't need a Coach.. The playing group has taken over..
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 25 Oct, 2018 12:17 am
OK I was wrong
happy tiger wrote:
Thu 22 Nov, 2018 12:13 am
I know at times I'm not always the brightest light in the kitchen

User avatar
citizen cub
Member
Member
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu 16 Jul, 2009 7:20 pm

Post by citizen cub » Sun 18 Oct, 2009 8:29 pm

Geo. wrote:
Snowy wrote:1. Tigers
2. Dragons
3. Storm
4. Bulldogs
5. Eels
6. Titans
7. Manly
8. Panthers
THAT WILL DO ME!!!!!!!!!!





























:D FINE
Tigers first! yeah right, others seem kinda accurate actually
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29714
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 18 Oct, 2009 9:16 pm

Posted this last month on LU...cant see no reason to change yet


Bulldogs
Dragons
Eels
Manly

Melbourne
Rabbitohs
Tigers
Cowboys

Titans
Broncos
Knights
Panthers
Cowboys
Sharks
Warriors
Raiders
Roosters

User avatar
simonthetiger
Member
Member
Posts: 3405
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:12 pm

Post by simonthetiger » Sun 18 Oct, 2009 9:19 pm

Snowy wrote:1. Tigers
2. Dragons
3. Storm
4. Bulldogs
5. Eels
6. Titans
7. Manly
8. Panthers
Nice one Snowy.........I would love to see that,I dont see why its not possible.

User avatar
matty tiepie
Member
Member
Posts: 528
Joined: Tue 14 Jul, 2009 8:04 am

Post by matty tiepie » Tue 20 Oct, 2009 1:24 pm

might as well throw my 2 bobs worth in

Melb
Parra
drag queens
tigers
souths
dogs
brisbane
cowgirls

User avatar
AndTheKungFoSing
Admin with a flute?
Admin with a flute?
Posts: 2486
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 8:28 am
Location: Behind You!
Contact:

Post by AndTheKungFoSing » Tue 20 Oct, 2009 4:07 pm

I believe we will sign both Lote and Lima... if not Lima, we'll retain Galea IMO...

With that... i think the Tigers and the Eels will have too much for most teams next season
  1. Tigers - Recruited extremely well for the first time in 10yrs! Signed good depth along with the formation of some real strike power in the backs with speed and size!
  2. Eels - Recruited well, but how are they under the cap? They could definitely loose key players before the season starts... also I am not sold on Hayne being worth 2mil!!! If they don't win it next season, they won't win it for at least another four.
  3. Storm - They don't seem to suffer injuries! No real depth but as long as Smith, Slater, Cronk and a few forwards stay injury free... they are always going to be a well oiled machine!
  4. Dragons - Strong side and smart side now under Bennett
  5. Dogs - Had a dream run this season... won't make the four but will push for it... I thought they were lucky in a few games this season
  6. Manly - If they keep Orford they will cruise but not have enough to win imo, if they sign Pearce (what I'm hearing...) they won't make the eight
  7. Brisbane - Getting old and have a lot of over-rated, over-paid players... no Hunt means they'll struggle too imo but they'll scrap into the eight i think
  8. Sharks - Recruited well and were crippled by injuries this season. Morris IMO will prove a very good addition to their side in the 9 jersey
    -------------
  9. Cowboys - Lost a few this season and they just seem a very inconsistent side... Gallant will prove a good buy but I think they'll struggle to string wins together
  10. Knights - Poor recruitment and no depth.. a few injuries will hurt them but they are always a side that play the 80mins and the young blokes seem to lift.
  11. Raiders - Could prove me wrong... i think a smokey for the eight... no chance of winning the comp i think... but i always find the raiders the hardest team to predict.
  12. Titans - Have they even brought anyone? No depth, injuries will kill them.
  13. Panthers - As long as Sammut is there... they will leak points... they also seem to be a dysfunctional team in my eyes..
  14. Warriors - Lost all there decent players and kept the duds... They can't seem to attract anyone worth while and with an aging side... I can't see them winning much..
  15. Roosters - These guys are helpless...
  16. Souths - These guys are hopeless... Big BIG forward pack... but they are also a SLOW forward pack... Hopeless back-line will ensure they don't put much on the scoreboard and most teams i think will run rings around these guys...
I hate South Sydney.... immensely

User avatar
tigerdre
Member
Member
Posts: 811
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 9:49 am

Post by tigerdre » Tue 20 Oct, 2009 4:48 pm

Geez its not even january but what the hell
1.Eels
2.Dragons
3.Tigers
4.Storm
5.Eagles
6.Titans
7.Dogs
8.Sharks

9.Broncos
10.Rabbits
11.Cowboys
12.Panthers
13.Roosters
14.Warriors
15.Raiders
16.Knights

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29714
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Tue 20 Oct, 2009 6:37 pm

Kaiser wrote:I believe we will sign both Lote and Lima... if not Lima, we'll retain Galea IMO...

With that... i think the Tigers and the Eels will have too much for most teams next season
  1. Tigers - Recruited extremely well for the first time in 10yrs! Signed good depth along with the formation of some real strike power in the backs with speed and size!
  2. Eels - Recruited well, but how are they under the cap? They could definitely loose key players before the season starts... also I am not sold on Hayne being worth 2mil!!! If they don't win it next season, they won't win it for at least another four.
  3. Storm - They don't seem to suffer injuries! No real depth but as long as Smith, Slater, Cronk and a few forwards stay injury free... they are always going to be a well oiled machine!
  4. Dragons - Strong side and smart side now under Bennett
  5. Dogs - Had a dream run this season... won't make the four but will push for it... I thought they were lucky in a few games this season
  6. Manly - If they keep Orford they will cruise but not have enough to win imo, if they sign Pearce (what I'm hearing...) they won't make the eight
  7. Brisbane - Getting old and have a lot of over-rated, over-paid players... no Hunt means they'll struggle too imo but they'll scrap into the eight i think
  8. Sharks - Recruited well and were crippled by injuries this season. Morris IMO will prove a very good addition to their side in the 9 jersey
    -------------
  9. Cowboys - Lost a few this season and they just seem a very inconsistent side... Gallant will prove a good buy but I think they'll struggle to string wins together
  10. Knights - Poor recruitment and no depth.. a few injuries will hurt them but they are always a side that play the 80mins and the young blokes seem to lift.
  11. Raiders - Could prove me wrong... i think a smokey for the eight... no chance of winning the comp i think... but i always find the raiders the hardest team to predict.
  12. Titans - Have they even brought anyone? No depth, injuries will kill them.
  13. Panthers - As long as Sammut is there... they will leak points... they also seem to be a dysfunctional team in my eyes..
  14. Warriors - Lost all there decent players and kept the duds... They can't seem to attract anyone worth while and with an aging side... I can't see them winning much..
  15. Roosters - These guys are helpless...
  16. Souths - These guys are hopeless... Big BIG forward pack... but they are also a SLOW forward pack... Hopeless back-line will ensure they don't put much on the scoreboard and most teams i think will run rings around these guys...
Souths wont come last...

User avatar
NJLM78
Member
Member
Posts: 2725
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 1:51 pm

Post by NJLM78 » Tue 20 Oct, 2009 7:35 pm

1- Manly
2- Broncos
3- Storm
4- Dragons
5-Parramatta
6- Tigers
7- Souths
8- Raiders

User avatar
willow
Member
Member
Posts: 33162
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:28 pm
Location: The Village

Post by willow » Tue 20 Oct, 2009 7:54 pm

In no particular order:

Storm
Tigers
Eels
Dragons
Titans
Bulldogs
Manly
Broncos

Souths
Knights
Panthers
Cowboys
Raiders
Warriors
Sharks
Roosters

User avatar
alien
Member
Member
Posts: 8720
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 8:49 pm

Post by alien » Tue 20 Oct, 2009 8:17 pm

I don't mean to be mister negative but I can't see how Wests have recruited all that well.

Daniela and Brown are reserve graders.
Taumata has already been sacked from 4 clubs.
Cayless is injury prone, as is Topou.
Fitzhenry :roll:

Wests will be lucky to make the top 8. If we don't make the top 8 then Folkes should take over as Coach in 2011 with Matthew Johns as Assistant Coach.

Post Reply