Don't Blame Refs Please!!

ImageImageImage
artful dodger

Re: Don't Blame Refs Please!!

Post by artful dodger » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:36 pm

innsaneink wrote:How is questioning - criticising WRONG decisions by officials that have a freeking remote control and can watch replay after bloody replay lowering ourselves??????

Round one was round one....24 bloody weeks ago ....you might feel better that we got the rub then....but the Sharks didnt.

Guess what bud....SOMEONE ALWAYS LOSES! So take your high & mighty moral righteous attitude for a long walk off a short pier eh?
A little bit of humility in defeat seems to be something of another era, yea it was a very important game for us tonight what one isn't including round 1.

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

saundo1982

Post by saundo1982 » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:37 pm

Not only did the refs dud us tonight but Melbourne just got a try from a dropped ball that makes Farahs a certain try.

angeman

Post by angeman » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:40 pm

Refs were woeful. Harrigan reminds me of sheens though so can admit no wrong!

tigertye

Post by tigertye » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:44 pm

artful dodger wrote:
innsaneink wrote:How is questioning - criticising WRONG decisions by officials that have a freeking remote control and can watch replay after bloody replay lowering ourselves??????

Round one was round one....24 bloody weeks ago ....you might feel better that we got the rub then....but the Sharks didnt.

Guess what bud....SOMEONE ALWAYS LOSES! So take your high & mighty moral righteous attitude for a long walk off a short pier eh?
A little bit of humility in defeat seems to be something of another era, yea it was a very important game for us tonight what one isn't including round 1.

Well a game that guarantees us a spot in the 8 is pretty important. Humility is good when it's honest. Not putting some blame to the officials for some pretty damn big mistakes is ridiculous. The thing that annoys me, is how they attempted to even up the penalty count. A lot of our penalties occurred on the first or second tackle with no real benefit. It was a
Definitely a blatant attempt of evening the penalty count that's for sure.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:45 pm

artful dodger wrote:

Plenty of humility here tonite IN OTHER THREADs....Lots of pride in our boys....have a look around.

But youre getting the reaction you wanted.

Please tell me why an experienced official with years of experience that should know all the rules blindfolded, should be criticism free even when he has the benefit of hindsight?

darkie

Post by darkie » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:45 pm

regit wrote:I'm dirty as, bugger the refs. It was always a tough ask to beat the dogs. which we did tonight! Just two bad calls from the refs hands them the 2 points. SPEWING!

Totally agree, there was two bad calls, and they where beauties.
Am watching the storm - broncos game, the storm winger goes over for a try. Goes to video, it's obvious he knocks on, but gets BOTD try!! :wtf If that was parra, no try.
Maybe we need video ref from England who don't have favorite Aussie teams.

yeti

Post by yeti » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:50 pm

I said it after JT wrote his article about the Dogs use of the obstruction ... this is one area that needs to be 'black and white'. Take the 'interpretation' of the rule out of the ref's hands! If a player with the ball runs behind a team mate then it must be a penalty. Full stop. No ifs or buts. It's the way it always used to be and should be again.

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 10:56 pm

The referees may have made some mistakes

But we should be pointing the finger at our kick \chase

Whats the ONE thing you don't do when marking Barba from your kick chase STAGGERED LINE ??

stryker

Post by stryker » Fri 17 Aug, 2012 11:02 pm

happy tiger wrote:The referees may have made some mistakes

But we should be pointing the finger at our kick \chase

Whats the ONE thing you don't do when marking Barba from your kick chase STAGGERED LINE ??
Exactly, our chase was dreadful and they easily made very good meters most of the night due to it.

The refs made some horrible decisions - both ways - but we had many chances to win tonight and couldnt get the job done..ie our usual play of dropping the restart after a hard fought for try. You cant whinge too much when your team made more stuffups then the refs. Their decisions cost us a 10 point turnaround. Our defense and scratchy attack cost us far more.

TigerDave81

Post by TigerDave81 » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 6:50 am

Interpretation is a bull s*** excused or refs to make a wrong call!! The problem with the game is their are to many grey areas which allow for different interpretations and a reason for refs to cover their mistakes.

Obstruction should be black and white. Simple. You run behind s player and you don't surrender then it's a penalty. That's it no other clause or paragraph to be needed in the rule book. That is the point of having rules!! If you are caught speeding, theirs a million and one excuses you can give but you'll still get your ticket cause you broke a rule. The rules in footy need to go back to being black and white and Harrigan needs to be booted. The game is being ruined for all who love to see a fair contest!!

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:40 am

Was at the game and I blame the idiots in pink on the field and in the box for our loss. If I was Sheens I would have walked into the press conference and said the officials are inept and cost us the game and walked out.

Demps

Post by Demps » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 7:56 am

lol, are you kidding?
terrible referring.
#Unbeatable

"I never lie because I don't fear anyone. You only lie when you're afraid" - John Gotti

Wests Tigers Forum's most brilliant mind.

artful dodger

Post by artful dodger » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 8:00 am

sunshine coast tiger wrote:Was at the game and I blame the idiots in pink on the field and in the box for our loss. If I was Sheens I would have walked into the press conference and said the officials are inept and cost us the game and walked out.
Maybe Sheens could also run away from press conferences when we push a pass on first tackle, kick out on the full, & miss simple tackles.
Sheens has been around to long not to understand that bad decisions are made and it cost us.
I wonder if a few extra wins during the season against teams we should of beaten gets us out of this 8th position predicament the cries for bad calls by referees would be so loud

willow

Post by willow » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 8:00 am

artful dodger wrote:After each origin game we hear coaches/fans question every close decision that may not go there teams way get lambasted by media and fans alike.
Let's not lower ourselves to these standards, I was out there tonight and thought yea there might of been a few dubious decisions go against us but over the course of the year we have had our fair share of calls go our way that on closer inspection may have had us out of the 8,eg round 1 Vs Sharkies.
Lets be measured with our criticism please!!!

Measured with our criticism huh? Well the refs got it wrong, plain and simple. The Bulldogs were awarded a try which everyone with any inkling of football knowledge knew should not have been a try. So yeah, let's not blame professional referees for making elementary mistakes which cost teams games :crazy

georgebeema

Post by georgebeema » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 8:09 am

Who was the video ref?

sunshine coast tiger

Post by sunshine coast tiger » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 8:30 am

artful dodger wrote:
sunshine coast tiger wrote:Was at the game and I blame the idiots in pink on the field and in the box for our loss. If I was Sheens I would have walked into the press conference and said the officials are inept and cost us the game and walked out.
Maybe Sheens could also run away from press conferences when we push a pass on first tackle, kick out on the full, & miss simple tackles.
Sheens has been around to long not to understand that bad decisions are made and it cost us.
I wonder if a few extra wins during the season against teams we should of beaten gets us out of this 8th position predicament the cries for bad calls by referees would be so loud

Yes players make bad decisions every week. I think that we made mistakes last night. However I think the mistakes and dud calls the referees made last night cost us the game more than any mistake that the players made. I have watched a lot of sport in my 40 years on the planet and I think that NRL referees have the most influence on their sport than any other match officials.

In the NRL the refs control the speed you can play at by their interpertation of the play the ball, if you want to play a fast game like the Tigers did in 2005 you cant as the officials wont let you play the ball quick enough or penalise the opposition enough. The should get rid of dominant and surrender calls, when a player is tackled they should call held and count to three if the tackled players have stopped the ball being played penalise them. They also control who far back a side is and it usually isn't the required 10 metres.

They have video refs who get the big calls wrong far too often. They number of tries awarded this year makes th Farah decsion last night a joke.

The referees pnealised us out of the semi against the Dragons in the 2010 major semi and then refused to give us the vitial penalty for the knees in the back of Lote.

The NRL commision have to sack Harrigan and do it on Monday.

artful dodger

Post by artful dodger » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 8:37 am

willow wrote:
artful dodger wrote:After each origin game we hear coaches/fans question every close decision that may not go there teams way get lambasted by media and fans alike.
Let's not lower ourselves to these standards, I was out there tonight and thought yea there might of been a few dubious decisions go against us but over the course of the year we have had our fair share of calls go our way that on closer inspection may have had us out of the 8,eg round 1 Vs Sharkies.
Lets be measured with our criticism please!!!

Measured with our criticism huh? Well the refs got it wrong, plain and simple. The Bulldogs were awarded a try which everyone with any inkling of football knowledge knew should not have been a try. So yeah, let's not blame professional referees for making elementary mistakes which cost teams games
Any sport fan in general must admit that it is getting very very tired looking to blame officials for there teams loss.
I keep saying it was a bad call in my opinion but there were plenty of bad/decisions reads throughout the game by our players which will go unnoticed by some of our so called fans who would rather highlight the officials bad decisions instead.
Just sayin!!!!

artful dodger

Post by artful dodger » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 8:43 am

sunshine coast tiger wrote:
artful dodger wrote:

Yes players make bad decisions every week. I think that we made mistakes last night. However I think the mistakes and dud calls the referees made last night cost us the game more than any mistake that the players made. I have watched a lot of sport in my 40 years on the planet and I think that NRL referees have the most influence on their sport than any other match officials.

In the NRL the refs control the speed you can play at by their interpertation of the play the ball, if you want to play a fast game like the Tigers did in 2005 you cant as the officials wont let you play the ball quick enough or penalise the opposition enough. The should get rid of dominant and surrender calls, when a player is tackled they should call held and count to three if the tackled players have stopped the ball being played penalise them. They also control who far back a side is and it usually isn't the required 10 metres.

They have video refs who get the big calls wrong far too often. They number of tries awarded this year makes th Farah decsion last night a joke.

The referees pnealised us out of the semi against the Dragons in the 2010 major semi and then refused to give us the vitial penalty for the knees in the back of Lote.

The NRL commision have to sack Harrigan and do it on Monday.
a

Your 40 odd years on the planet would also tell you that AFL umpires base most there decisions on interpretations yet for some reason AFL supporters ( and they have a few) understands that over a season you probably end up all square good/bad.