Moltzen hooked?

ImageImageImage
russelldp

Re: Moltzen hooked?

Post by russelldp » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 8:58 pm

Moltzen has talent but doesn't put his body on the line and in turn, let's his team down;

1. was in a position to charge down the winning field goal, but instead slid in with his feet and ducked his head

2 Submits like an 8 year old in tackles,

3 lost concentration because his finger was sore and dropped the kick-off,

4. panics when he hears foot steps whilst under bombs...

the list goes on...

Posted using RoarFEED 2012

angeman

Post by angeman » Sat 18 Aug, 2012 9:59 pm

russelldp wrote:Moltzen has talent but doesn't put his body on the line and in turn, let's his team down;

1. was in a position to charge down the winning field goal, but instead slid in with his feet and ducked his head

2 Submits like an 8 year old in tackles,

3 lost concentration because his finger was sore and dropped the kick-off,

4. panics when he hears foot steps whilst under bombs...

the list goes on...

Yes this exactly! Worst full back in the comp.

chickenkebabs

Post by chickenkebabs » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 8:56 am

Fair dinkum. Moltz could cure AIDS and he'd cop a bollicking here for taking too long!

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 5:43 pm

Anybody who thinks Koroibete could play fullback doesn't understand football. His team mates can barely understand him so how is he supposed to arrange the defensive line?

angeman

Post by angeman » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 5:43 pm

chickenkebabs wrote:Fair dinkum. Moltz could cure AIDS and he'd cop a bollicking here for taking too long!
Not sure about that but he is one of the worst fullbacks in the comp...

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 5:48 pm

MacDougall wrote:Anybody who thinks Koroibete could play fullback doesn't understand football. His team mates can barely understand him so how is he supposed to arrange the defensive line?

Good point Mac

GNR4LIFE

Post by GNR4LIFE » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 5:51 pm

I wouldn't play him there at this stage of his career but down the line when he has more experience i wouldn't mind seeing him given a shot

kh_canada

Post by kh_canada » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 5:58 pm

He's a halves player. Hasn't had the experience to play fullback. And there is other guys who have adapted to the position but Moltz isnt one of them. If he'd played 7 all season it'd be a different story
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

MacDougall

Post by MacDougall » Sun 19 Aug, 2012 6:24 pm

GNR4LIFE wrote:I wouldn't play him there at this stage of his career but down the line when he has more experience i wouldn't mind seeing him given a shot
Haha well tbh I'd probably play him there as soon as he learns proper English. He seems inclined to get into the middle of the field anyway and he'd be deadly.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 8:37 am

From League Unlimited

dermo

Post by dermo » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 8:49 am

Apart from the kick off, I thought he was good under the high ball they tested him early and went well IMO

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 9:49 am

dermo wrote:Apart from the kick off, I thought he was good under the high ball they tested him early and went well IMO
Yeah you are probably right , but thats the issue "Apart from the kick off'

How often do you see other good fullbacks making mistakes like that when the game is on the line

He does these sort of things or semi regular basis

Error wise he has to be the worse fullback in the NRL on a per touch basis

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 10:27 am

happy tiger wrote:
dermo wrote:Apart from the kick off, I thought he was good under the high ball they tested him early and went well IMO

How often do you see other good fullbacks making mistakes like that when the game is on the line

Hmmm , one comes immediately to mind... Billy Slater losing the World Cup for Australia.

dermo

Post by dermo » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 10:28 am

happy tiger wrote:

I can remember Sirro dropping a kick off and Koro has dropped the ball on our line before aswell but neither were ever crucified for those errors like Moltzen is on here, there worth to the team justifies the errors (as it should). But many like you ignore Moltzens worth to the team and simply go on and on about the mistakes he make which are no more than other players

Well according to Nrl stats on an error per game basis hes one of the best actually, I cant find the amount of touches per game so this is all we have to go on:

Moltzen: 17 errors
18 games

Mini: 24 errors
22 games

Inglis: 16 errors
17 games

Coote: 26 errors
22 games

hayne; 13 errors
12 games

locke: 14 errors
14 games

bowen: 33 errors
21 games

Boyd: 15 errors
20 games

Slater: 30 errors
16 games

Stewart: 20 errors
16 games

Zillman: 25 errors
19 games

Wright: 14 errors
19 games

Dugan 23 errors
14 games

Barba 26 errors
22 games

Hoffman 12 errors
20 games

dermo

Post by dermo » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 10:29 am

cktiger wrote:
happy tiger wrote:

Hmmm , one comes immediately to mind... Billy Slater losing the World Cup for Australia.

Exactly, and pre origin most were calling him the best fullback ever

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 10:38 am

Great worth as a playmaker

Can make a good try saving tackle.

At all other aspects of fullback play, including defensive line organisation.....pretty disgraceful.

I want him to achieve everything he can and it is as plain as the nose on my face that this will not be done at fullback.

It is not "hating on" Tim Moltzen it is about recognising his strengths and weaknesses as a fullback and wondering why on earth he is being played there at all, especially considering he trained all off season in the halves

cktiger

Post by cktiger » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 11:02 am

smeghead wrote:Great worth as a playmaker

Can make a good try saving tackle.

At all other aspects of fullback play, including defensive line organisation.....pretty disgraceful.

I want him to achieve everything he can and it is as plain as the nose on my face that this will not be done at fullback.

It is not "hating on" Tim Moltzen it is about recognising his strengths and weaknesses as a fullback and wondering why on earth he is being played there at all, especially considering he trained all off season in the halves
Smeg , I stick up for him as much as anybody (maybe more) - especially in regards the unwarranted and personal criticism.
My opinion , and always has been , is that he plays infinitely better in the halves.
He has been forced into the fullback role this year , the same as he was last year.
The truth is , even though it's not his best position and he clearly prefers playing closer to the ball , Tim Sheens does not see a better option for fullback .
He makes mistakes sure , but if every player made 10 mistakes each and he only made one guess who would have a thread started about his lone mistake?
One thing is certain - until Sheens changes his mind he will , unfortunately , be stuck playing out of position at fullback.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Mon 20 Aug, 2012 11:10 am

The last point is the sad truth of it.

The terrible start to our sets which can be traced many times to Tims unwillingness to run the ball back straight and/or hard hurts us every game and at the moment Tim does not even play fullback in attack which means we have nobody but occasionally a centre supporting the ruck.

It is a sad state of affairs