Congratulations Tim Moltzen

ImageImageImage
1/4 chicken,chips
Member
Member
Posts: 1635
Joined: Sat 30 Jul, 2011 10:28 am

Re: Congratulations Tim Moltzen

Post by 1/4 chicken,chips » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 6:59 pm

that seems to be a sheens problem ,he keeps players way too long waiting for the potential to emerge.
and again why does the mastercoach change his players around , fults was going good in the 6 ,so he puts to 9 where he is useless,then plays moltz at 6 ,can somebody work sheens out ?


User avatar
smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator
Posts: 9454
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 11:56 pm

Post by smeghead » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 7:00 pm

He has not progressed as a footballer.

I would liek to see how our entire squad reacts under new coaching before passing final judgement on a players ability
Image

tiga4eva
Member
Member
Posts: 2063
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 8:09 pm

Post by tiga4eva » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 7:19 pm

smeghead wrote:He has not progressed as a footballer.

I would liek to see how our entire squad reacts under new coaching before passing final judgement on a players ability
So true, but alas Sheens will be here for a while yet.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

BornBlack&Gold
Member
Member
Posts: 356
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 3:42 am

Post by BornBlack&Gold » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 7:34 pm

Moltz has the talent and he has alot of it.
unfortunately he lacks guts. a very important part of any true footballer.
Thats his problem in a nutshell in my opinion.
He expects everything to come easily , and when it doesnt, he cant cope. and to me that says alot about his attitude, sheens has moved players on in the past because he wasnt happy with their attitude. what makes moltz any different?
Goes ok as an attacking fullback but his unwillingness to attack the ball when a chip or grubber is put through by opposition halves is inexcusable.
Watching hodgo in the challenge cup final last night, the courage the tough little fella shows always putting his body on the line knowing he is going to get smashed just highlights how far moltz needs to come as a fullback. and dare i say it, as a footballer in general.

User avatar
Bismark
Member
Member
Posts: 606
Joined: Sun 19 Jul, 2009 6:12 pm

Post by Bismark » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 7:47 pm

BornBlack&Gold wrote:Moltz has the talent and he has alot of it.
unfortunately he lacks guts. a very important part of any true footballer.
Bingo. He borders on cowardly at times. I know I'm not running next to him, nor am I a professional athlete, but rarely does Moltz put his body on the line. In the play where the Roosters scored a try of the back of a line drop out, the ball popped out and was rolling around. Moltzen has an opportunity to get to the ball if he really wanted to, but instead he held back and was brushed aside by Moga, who offloaded and we conceded a try which killed our comeback.

Plays like that have no place in first grade.


User avatar
BurningBright
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu 02 Sep, 2010 3:46 pm

Post by BurningBright » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 9:14 pm

Moltzen is our current Daniel Fitzhenry.

Sorry, that's probably a bit harsh on Fitzhenry...


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 9:41 pm

Glennb wrote:
MacDougall wrote: You must not be watching the same player as me. He is one of the best defensive fullbacks in the NRL he pulls off more try saving plays than anybody not named Barba, Bowen or Slater. He puts his body on the line time and time again when he tries to stop tries. He DOES run the ball back hard now, and has done basically all season, his bad hands are only really his issues under the high ball, other than that it's fine. As a ballplaying fullback he has a great passing game and since when is it a pre-requisite of fullbacks to kick the ball?

Lay the boot in all you want but please stick to facts. I said as a fullback he has a few key problems and most of the things you said are blatantly untrue. His issues are not offering support around the ruck, not attacking the ball fiercely enough and a lack of confidence under the high ball. That is it in 2012. In years past there were others but he solved them imo.
I have to further explain myself. Credit where credit is due,I totally agree with one aspect of your praise. He has pulled off some fantastic try saving plays on the line. At least 3 or 4 times he has swept through on the line and knocked a ball free etc and I genuinely think he is fantastic at that. He has also surprised be a few times with great one on one tackles with a player who has made a break. His general defence in any other position of the field is poor.

Lets address your other points since you would like to debate based on correct information and stick to facts. you say that he DOES run the ball back hard and has done all season? He averages 78m per game over 18 games (pretty much all at fullback). Lets compare this with other fullbacks, Mini 140m, Slater 140m, Stewart 100m, Barba 122m, in fact he probably has the worst ave metres of any fullback in the game. This is due to the high number of times that he offloads a kick return to his wingers or jogs tentatively to the defence.

I am yet to see ANY evidence of a great passing game from him as a "ballplaying fullback" unless you call passing it to a winger for a kick retuen a passing game.

I bring up his kicking game because you have said he will realise his potential as a 5/8, in fact in another thread you said we will "finally see the talent that we all know he has. Moving him from fullback will remove every weakness has has. At five-eighth we will see Moltzen's career best game this weekend imo". Well playing 5/8 doesnt remove his weakness with a poor kicking game. Today in a game when he was going to "step up" and when we were missing one of our kickers, and when playing 5/8, he kicked once...and it went straight down the defenders throat on the full.

You state that his weaknesses are ..."His issues are not offering support around the ruck, not attacking the ball fiercely enough and a lack of confidence under the high ball.". Well that pretty much sums up 80% of a fullbacks role. How many other fullbacks would be picked who are poor in the areas you identified? Add to that his lack of kicking game, poor passing game and timidity and he deserves all the criticism he gets. He should probably NOT be under this much scrutiny though as he should NOT be in first grade.

It is obvious that he was very poor again today but also just as obvious that he wasnt on his own in that regard. I am simply sick of watching him week in and week out playing poorly. It is a given that every week he will make a poor error such as a dropped bomb that puts his team under great pressure and usually cost us points. Today I was grateful that we wouldnt see a dropped bomb from him but he didnt disappoint and put it dead on the full from a kick off for his obligatory weekly screw up to put us under the pump again.
Moltzen doesn't have as many kick return metres as other players because he has had the benefit of Tuqiri, Utai and Koroibete to pass to because, frankly, why would he run at the defence when he has players capable of splitting them just by winding up? When he actually does run back into them he runs at least as hard as Blair. :lol: The rest of his lack of kick return metres is due to the fact that he doesn't offer support up the ruck like other fullbacks and he doesn't take dummy half scoots like others either. He isn't a fullback but he is a dangerous attacking player that could be useful as an option at six or in the centres, in another team. That's all I'm saying.

User avatar
innsaneink
Member
Member
Posts: 29272
Joined: Fri 10 Jul, 2009 9:49 pm
Location: ...ahead of you....

Post by innsaneink » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 10:18 pm

That doesnt make sennse macd

The rest of his lack of kick return metres is due to the fact that he doesn't offer support up the ruck like other fullbacks and he doesn't take dummy half scoots like others either.


Oh...and all the other fullbacks have very capable wingers too.

Stop making excuses for him

larrycorowa
Member
Member
Posts: 2094
Joined: Fri 19 Feb, 2010 1:47 pm

Post by larrycorowa » Sun 26 Aug, 2012 10:48 pm

peanut with a pea-heart. he has cost us so many games over the past 2-3yrs with inept displays. Kicks it dead from a restart when we are already under a heap of pressure...please where is his head at?

tiga4eva
Member
Member
Posts: 2063
Joined: Sun 27 Sep, 2009 8:09 pm

Post by tiga4eva » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 7:20 am

larrycorowa wrote:peanut with a pea-heart. he has cost us so many games over the past 2-3yrs with inept displays. Kicks it dead from a restart when we are already under a heap of pressure...please where is his head at?
Somewhere near Benji's backside?


Posted using RoarFEED 2012

User avatar
Cultured Bogan
Member
Member
Posts: 17939
Joined: Tue 15 Sep, 2009 11:20 pm
Location: Blue Mountains

Post by Cultured Bogan » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 7:26 am

No doubt Tim had an ordinary game yesterday, but let's face it he had plenty of mates.
#penaltyTigers

Cuando llegue el día, y estoy parado a las puertas del cielo, será Dios pidiendo mi perdón...

happy tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 40798
Joined: Sun 27 Feb, 2011 4:49 pm

Post by happy tiger » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 7:44 am

Again he looked shellshocked playing in the halves

Play him their against the Storm and lets see what happens

But I asked this in my last Moltzen blast "If he fails at 6 where then "

He hasn't had a go at 2,5 or 9 yet Do we go there next

And when that fails 13

And then 11 or 12

Where does it end ??

I really thought at 6 he might shine , and I know we were terrible as a team but it seemed Benji was leading the fightback and he just stood back , like he did when he played 7 earlier this season .

jadtiger
Forum Suppoter
Forum Suppoter
Posts: 3360
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 8:12 am
Location: bayview

Post by jadtiger » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 7:53 am

Very poor player he shouldnt be at the club but he isnt the only one.

User avatar
hybrid_tiger
Member
Member
Posts: 4564
Joined: Sat 11 Jul, 2009 10:49 am
Location: Latchem Robinson Stand

Post by hybrid_tiger » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 8:15 am

Moltzen is the perfect Sheens player. Plays multiple positions but is equally average in all of them. Mentally weak. Plays 2 good games in 10. A strike record about as good as the coach who picks him every week.

User avatar
MacDougall
Member
Member
Posts: 7967
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 4:03 am
Location: Brisbane, QLD

Post by MacDougall » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 8:28 am

innsaneink wrote:That doesnt make sennse macd

The rest of his lack of kick return metres is due to the fact that he doesn't offer support up the ruck like other fullbacks and he doesn't take dummy half scoots like others either.


Oh...and all the other fullbacks have very capable wingers too.

Stop making excuses for him
Sorry I just meant to say lack of metres lol. As I said he isn't a fullback anyway. I think he'd be a fine half in another side.

User avatar
jirskyr
Member
Member
Posts: 6040
Joined: Mon 13 Jul, 2009 12:00 pm

Post by jirskyr » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 9:50 am

The one that got me the most is Tupou's third try - Roosters chance their hand and the ball gets passed along the ground.

Moltzen runs up to it and stops in his tracks. He doesn't attack the ball, he doesn't get his man, he stops and waits for the Roosters to play on. Which they do, hitting the outside whilst Moltzen is grabbing onto the shirt tails of the bloke who has already passed.

Moltzen has some real attacking talent, but he lacks a natural grit and body-on-the-line mentality that is required to excel at the NRL level. He is clearly a grade above NSW Cup but just seems too pea-hearted to be anything more than an average first grader.
Last edited by jirskyr on Mon 27 Aug, 2012 10:04 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kh_canada
Member
Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: Tue 12 Jun, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane

Post by kh_canada » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 9:56 am

He has had a small handful of decent games in his first grade career. I am a Moltz fan, if he doesn't pick up his game into next year then, we are going to struggle. He will most Likely play 14. And sheens won't drop him as he has been signed for 3 more years. So all we can do is pray that he gets better or less game time


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

User avatar
kh_canada
Member
Member
Posts: 1731
Joined: Tue 12 Jun, 2012 2:08 pm
Location: Brisbane

Post by kh_canada » Mon 27 Aug, 2012 9:59 am

MacDougall wrote:
innsaneink wrote:That doesnt make sennse macd

The rest of his lack of kick return metres is due to the fact that he doesn't offer support up the ruck like other fullbacks and he doesn't take dummy half scoots like others either.


Oh...and all the other fullbacks have very capable wingers too.

Stop making excuses for him
Sorry I just meant to say lack of metres lol. As I said he isn't a fullback anyway. I think he'd be a fine half in another side.
Yep. Outside Benji he is a mess. Not many can play well outside Benj though, Scotty Prince and to some extent Lui. (I think its Johnson in test footy)
In saying that we haven't really seen proper halfbacks play with him. The odd 6 or 7 we use this year aren't actually halves players except Tim.
I wish he went to dragons honestly. However we were lucky we had him when Teddy got injured.


Posted using RoarFEED 2012
The Huth... the Huth... the Huth is on fire

Post Reply