Live Game Thread - Tigers V Roosters

ImageImageImage
Tiger Watto

Re: Live Game Thread - Tigers V Roosters

Post by Tiger Watto » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 9:42 pm

It was pretty obvious early the Tigers had a different mind set towards this game than the Roosters... I wasnt too worried, and I enjoyed seeing the boys run around.

I liked Buchanan [young and tried hard]; I didnt feel Miller had any say out there and he needs to take charge; Bodene got through some work and kept trying; Braith was good but I felt the backrow might be too much for him in our pack; and Mr T, well he can go back to Fiji...

I dont think our starting 17 is finalised just yet!
"Did someone buy you the internet hero play book for Christmas and you've only just started reading it?" - Nelson 21/04/2017

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 9:46 pm

BenjiMagic96 wrote:Well hopefully that was the last time we see Naiyavaro and Samunafangai in the team.

LOL.....singing a different tune now?

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 9:46 pm

Majere77 wrote:
alexaki wrote:
Majere77 wrote:Its going to be a long long year. We look like exactly the same team as last year.

hahaha it didn't take long did it.... :roll

Everyone is entitled to their opinion mate..... I didn't suddenly change my mind because of a bad trial game.

I thought we were in trouble before the trials started and nothing i have seen in the last few weeks has changed my mind.
\

well I hope you have a change of mind in a few weeks time.....

Majere77

Post by Majere77 » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 9:46 pm

alexaki wrote:
Majere77 wrote:
alexaki wrote:
Majere77 wrote:Its going to be a long long year. We look like exactly the same team as last year.

hahaha it didn't take long did it.... :roll

Everyone is entitled to their opinion mate..... I didn't suddenly change my mind because of a bad trial game.

I thought we were in trouble before the trials started and nothing i have seen in the last few weeks has changed my mind.
\

well I hope you have a change of mind in a few weeks time.....
I hope so mate.... i really hope i am wrong there are a couple of really big personnel problems with the team and i don't think they are fixable.

I'm not Denying the effort we put in, i just don't think we have the depth or talent to be a top 8 team this year. It might take a few years for potter to turn this around.

I just hope we have the patience to give him the time.

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 9:50 pm

Roosterman wrote:
alexaki wrote:relax guys it was a trial....the boys showed what they can do in the 2nd 20 minutes....their best period....at least they know what they need to work on in the next 2 weeks...our forwards need some Ommph and our halves need to be slicker....

If SKD didnt drop the ball cold with 3min to go the final score would have been 34-10, But yes, its only trial, Once you get Woods Back, and Braith plays 80m with his 100+ tough Mtrs a game you guys will toughen up... Or maybe Braith will get a bug everytime he feels like his having a dud game?
I believe in free speech....you seem to love spending time in here....I reckon you are a closet Tigers fan! :sign:

alexaki

Post by alexaki » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 9:52 pm

hahaha it didn't take long did it.... :roll[/quote]

I thought we were in trouble before the trials started and nothing i have seen in the last few weeks has changed my mind.[/quote]

well I hope you have a change of mind in a few weeks time.....[/quote]

I hope so mate.... i really hope i am wrong there are a couple of really big personnel problems with the team and i don't think they are fixable.

I'm not Denying the effort we put in, i just don't think we have the depth or talent to be a top 8 team this year. It might take a few years for potter to turn this around.

I just hope we have the patience to give him the time.[/quote]

My judgement reserved until week 10...

Roosterman

Post by Roosterman » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 9:53 pm

alexaki wrote:
Roosterman wrote:
alexaki wrote:relax guys it was a trial....the boys showed what they can do in the 2nd 20 minutes....their best period....at least they know what they need to work on in the next 2 weeks...our forwards need some Ommph and our halves need to be slicker....

If SKD didnt drop the ball cold with 3min to go the final score would have been 34-10, But yes, its only trial, Once you get Woods Back, and Braith plays 80m with his 100+ tough Mtrs a game you guys will toughen up... Or maybe Braith will get a bug everytime he feels like his having a dud game?
I believe in free speech....you seem to love spending time in here....I reckon you are a closet Tigers fan! :sign:

hehe, Nah, i like the Tigers but im a Rooster. Ill give you a gift tho, us Roosters fans called Anasta "Bwaith" due to his softness, I pass this onto you guys!

The man was in the media all week putting a target on his team, but when it came to the game he done F.. All and then pulled out cos of a "bug"... the "bug" wasnt bad enough to effect his media appearences tho was it? :roll
Last edited by Roosterman on Sat 23 Feb, 2013 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A rooster crows only when it sees the light. Put him in the dark and he'll never crow. I have seen the light and I'm crowing. - Muhammad Ali

Snake

Post by Snake » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 9:53 pm

BenjiMagic96 wrote:Well hopefully that was the last time we see Naiyavaro and Samunafangai in the team.
Its like all these young and raw guys they have to want to learn and have the passion there is potential there but it takes time no reason one of them won't be in the top grade at seasons end..

Majere77

Post by Majere77 » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 10:00 pm

Snake wrote:
Its like all these young and raw guys they have to want to learn and have the passion there is potential there but it takes time no reason one of them won't be in the top grade at seasons end..
Well it wont be Naiyavaro. He looked like a drunk bear trying to do ballet out there.

I had heard so much and had such high hopes
Last edited by Majere77 on Sat 23 Feb, 2013 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 10:01 pm

Majere77 wrote:

I just hope we have the patience to give him the time.
Yep, I think youre spot on

happy tiger

Post by happy tiger » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 10:17 pm

Players I was happy with Blair Ayshford Keefy Koroibete Wesley Snipes Bell Farah

Blokes that were disappointing Lawrence ,Benji (defensively made some shocking reads),Fults (worked hard but made some bad misses in D)

I know it was only a trial but 15 clubs just saw how to beat the Tigers every week

khristian

Post by khristian » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 10:30 pm

wow just wow

Eye Of Da Tiger

Post by Eye Of Da Tiger » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 10:33 pm

Lol not good but plenty of time.

mtd

Post by mtd » Sat 23 Feb, 2013 10:36 pm

Tiger Watto wrote:It was pretty obvious early the Tigers had a different mind set towards this game than the Roosters... I wasnt too worried, and I enjoyed seeing the boys run around.
sums it up in a nutshell.

Post by Guest » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 12:03 am

Benji and Robbie both hand him terrible passes.
Our problem lies directly with our two best players. They simply can not perform solid games back to back.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

Post by Guest » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 12:05 am

Golden wrote:its a trial guys, they don't care the roosters are clearly taking the game more seriously then us. where just coasting along for 80 mins
That's dribble. The Tigers did go out their to win and they never looked like breaking the line once.
Struggling.

Post by Guest » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 12:06 am

Anonymous wrote:Note to opp teams:
Run at Benji = Try!

Still hasnt learnt to tackle

Agree. Major issue with his defence. But everyone is blind to it.

Post by Guest » Sun 24 Feb, 2013 12:10 am

tiger182 wrote:Roosters are our bogey team anyway hard to judge how we really went.
I can tell you how we went. Bad. Miller had nothing. Marshal had nothing. I don't even know why Blair was there. We are struggling. We looked exactly the same team as last year. And that's bad.