Moltzen

ImageImageImage
citizen cub

Moltzen

Post by citizen cub » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 4:58 pm

Has copped significant criticism of late, and rightly so.

Credit where credit's due though, he played pretty well today. Good to see a vast improvement under the high ball, an area which has troubled him for a while now. Defence and support play also fairly solid from what I saw.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

stryker

Post by stryker » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:01 pm

He was in my top 3 today. The kid can play he just lacks killer instinct and favours self preservation. Today he had a real dig and was impressive in attack, defence and general positioning.

tigsta

Post by tigsta » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:02 pm

citizen cub wrote:Has copped significant criticism of late, and rightly so.

Credit where credit's due though, he played pretty well today. Good to see a vast improvement under the high ball, an area which has troubled him for a while now. Defence and support play also fairly solid from what I saw.
Went good against an average team. I'm tipping panthers to get the spoon. Not getting excited over this game. If we beat Melbourne or manly in two weeks then ill be impressed but still worried they are capable of dishing up what we got against Newcastle which goes to show the consistency issues are still there.

Posted using RoarFEED 2013

citizen cub

Post by citizen cub » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:05 pm

tigsta wrote:
citizen cub wrote:Has copped significant criticism of late, and rightly so.

Went good against an average team. I'm tipping panthers to get the spoon. Not getting excited over this game. If we beat Melbourne or manly in two weeks then ill be impressed but still worried they are capable of dishing up what we got against Newcastle which goes to show the consistency issues are still there.

Take your point, but he can only do what he can with the opposition he's been assigned.

BTW I don't think the Panthers will get the spoon, try Dragons, Warriors or even the Raiders the way they're going.
With Wests in the finals, ANYTHING'S POSSIBLE

Frank the tank

Post by Frank the tank » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:16 pm

He played well.......solid if not outstanding. If he can build on ths then that's gotta be a good thing.
I'm not a complete idiot.............there are some pieces missing!

swisstiger

Post by swisstiger » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:27 pm

He had a dig today... Solid is how I would describe his performance. Nothing brilliant but did what was required of him.

I hope he keeps it up.

innsaneink

Post by innsaneink » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 5:54 pm

Yeh last posts sums it up.....not just for him but I think across the park, they all were embarrased last week and good to see they ALL had a dig and improved

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:08 pm

To be honest I'm normally a supporter of moltzen but he was solid at best today but he passed it off every time at the back - bring in tedesco and we will be better

Irvine

Post by Irvine » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:16 pm

Of course he always plays well against weaker teams....Today we played the team who came second last and next week we play the team who came last....Moltzen Time !

Flippedy

Post by Flippedy » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:20 pm

Boonboon2 wrote:To be honest I'm normally a supporter of moltzen but he was solid at best today but he passed it off every time at the back - bring in tedesco and we will be better
Agree with this Boonboon. That pass to Reddy in goal when he had no one in front of him was totally unnecessary and bloody ridiculous! We were just lucky that Reddy had the reflexes to catch it, cause he sure wasn't expecting a pass in that situation.
Sooner or later, next year has to be this year - Ricksen

Golden

Post by Golden » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:25 pm

I don't think he made 1 error hope he plays this good every week

Boonboon2

Post by Boonboon2 » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:33 pm

He took a few unchallenged catches he didn't have to jump for and made only 29 meters our wingers made him look good and tedesco should replace him next week

Wagga Tiger

Post by Wagga Tiger » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 6:38 pm

As much as i want to see Teddy in firsts you cant drop Moltz after that game.

softlaw

Post by softlaw » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:00 pm

Metres made by our back 3
Kori - 217
Reddy 132
Moltzen 49 (& most of them were from that 1 dropout return)

Not once do I remember him actually trailling players through the ruck looking for an offload.

He did catch a couple of bombs today though so that's a good thing. It was probably a pass mark compared to his normal game but compared to most other 1st grade fullbacks???
On the bus or under it!
Your choice.

Marshall_magic

Post by Marshall_magic » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:07 pm

Caught every bomb Penrith sent his way and was putting his body on the line a little more. Would like to see him return a few kicks rather than turning the ball off to Reddy or Marika, but it was still a solid performance by Timmy today.

LeichhardtTiger

Post by LeichhardtTiger » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:29 pm

Moltzen was good under the bomb but did absolutely nothing in attack. In fact Reddy was a line break guru compared to Moltzen.
Depending on the injury to Galloway I think the team ought to be

Tedesco
Reddy
Ayshford (who played wellish)
Brien (cos Lawrence is struggling)
Korobeite
Marshall
Anasta (Cos Miller can't run on one ankle)
Fulton
Blair
Pettybourne
Woods
Farah
Buchanen
Bench:

BMM
Bell

Insert names for bench her cos we are in trouble if Gall is out.
There are two kinds of people in the world - those that live in Balmain and those that wished they did.

smeghead
Site Moderator
Site Moderator

Post by smeghead » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:31 pm

Had a dig. It is what you need first and foremost

PYMBLEPETE

Post by PYMBLEPETE » Sun 17 Mar, 2013 7:34 pm

Passed it off from the field of play to a guy who was a couple of metres within the in-goal. Unbelievable.